GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

3GS wheel thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-10, 01:33 PM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MrMark
I completely disagree.......2 or 3 piece wheels have nothing...absolutely nothing to do with being on a race car, or regular passenger car. It has everything to do with being able to build multiple widths, offsets, back pads, disc types, etc.

Just because a wheel is expensive does not guarantee quality or customer satisfaction. You had a bad experience with Asanti and that suks…..but don’t lump all manufacturers together. The drawback with one piece look-alike wheels is the limitation on custom width, offsets, back pads, and disc types. It’s like buying and off-the-rack suit vs. a custom made one.
Your definitely right I exaggerated, and over generalized, however most of the people actually riding 3 piece wheels have no idea about offset, widths, etc they just pick the wheel out cause they like it and leave it up to the discretion of the wheel co to build to the specs of their car. Not everyone is as knowledgeable as you when it comes to modding.
Old 10-04-10, 04:52 PM
jav@vossen
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jav@vossen
Attention all Vossen owners::

We are very excited to announce the Vossen Photo Tour. In the next 6 months our photographer (Anthony) will be traveling to many US cities to shoot the hottest cars on Vossen Wheels.

This coming Thursday to Sunday (10/7/2010 to 10/10/2010) our photographer will be in the NY/NJ/CT with all his equipment and ready to shoot.

So if you live in the Tri-State area and have Vossen Wheels on your car please email us a picture of your car along with your phone number. We will get back to you before this Thursday to set up a time and location for the photo shoot.

jav@vossenwheels.com

here are some samples of Anthony's work.. (I'm sure most of you have seen his work by now)

Anyone in the Tri-state area????
Old 10-04-10, 04:54 PM
jav@vossen
Former Vendor

Not everyone wants to spend a thousand more on multi-piece wheels, so companies like Vossen fill the gap and provide one piece wheels that look like multi-piece for less money.
Originally Posted by TMF
Thanks. So Vossen is the best bang for the buck out there.

Also, Vossen cost around $2,000 for 4 wheels, which isn't that cheap. I'm assuming you say other brands cost alot more for having the similar styes, looks, satisfaction, etc...
Originally Posted by KOOLFELLA
Pretty much so... for the money i spent for my Vossens, they looked good & made the car look good, & they are of good quality as well.... but for my new set of wheels i spent like $4300ish from Japan but im not upset @ all... I love the result...

The set of Vossens i am selling i still like alot, & would keep if they fit on my Range.... Maybe ill modify them a little.... lmao... j/k
Originally Posted by rominl
2k for 4 wheels, given the kind of quality that vossen has and the kind of service they provide, i think it's a great deal. there are wheels that are far more expensive than 2k for a set (5-6k easy). there are also wheels that are cheaper (like 300 bucks each) but from my experience, they aren't anything close to vossen in terms of quality, and i can't comment on the service
All I'm saying is that you get what you pay for. If your budget is $2k and you want a multi-piece look, Vossen is a good choice...not the only choice, but a good choice. If you want a multi-piece, you're going to have to save up a little more. Style....looks....are all subjective....don't even want to address the knock-off conversation.
I completely disagree.......2 or 3 piece wheels have nothing...absolutely nothing to do with being on a race car, or regular passenger car. It has everything to do with being able to build multiple widths, offsets, back pads, disc types, etc.

Just because a wheel is expensive does not guarantee quality or customer satisfaction. You had a bad experience with Asanti and that suks…..but don’t lump all manufacturers together. The drawback with one piece look-alike wheels is the limitation on custom width, offsets, back pads, and disc types. It’s like buying and off-the-rack suit vs. a custom made one.
Thanks for all the support guys.

BTW- we are the only wheel company to offer a 5 year workmanship warranty and a lifetime structural warranty. And we really stand behind our warranty.. you can ask any Vossen owner that has ever had a issue.
Old 10-18-10, 05:24 AM
jav@vossen
Former Vendor

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ8QLM8BO3Y

See full photo shoot here: http://www.vossenwheels.com/gallery/...VSCV2-386.aspx

See full photo shoot here: http://www.vossenwheels.com/gallery/...VSCV2-386.aspx
Old 10-18-10, 09:12 PM
KingKang
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys I'm a new user in here and just to say all the GS look magnificent. you guys have did really great work. Now to my question i have a 2006 GS and i want to go 22 because i don't want to lower it at all because of my warranty. I had a old 98 gs before and had 20s on in but now on the new gs i want to go 22. I want to know if i do the job right will it look good and will it rub? What do i have to do to make it not rub? What size tires do i need please help im looking to buy rims and need to know.....
Old 10-19-10, 03:58 AM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Your going to have to modify the wheel well plastic no matter what in the front.
Old 10-19-10, 04:51 PM
KingKang
Driver School Candidate

pimp 216 is ur gs on 22 or 20? did u lower it?
Old 10-21-10, 09:38 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

depending on the offset you might have to do some trimming in the front for the bracket that attaches the bumper to the fender
Old 10-21-10, 09:47 AM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by KingKang
pimp 216 is ur gs on 22 or 20? did u lower it?
I ve had 2 sets of 22s on it the 2nd set I was lowered on tein h tech springs which is very modest with this set up ( which is for sale) I had to do wheel well liner and fender shaving to make it work. The wheels without lowering will fit without fender mods only liner mods. I am currently on 20s and coilovers pretty much as low as I can go and not tear my fenders up turning while driving. If you like bigger wheels go for it I will say that my set up now is healtier for my car as far as the mechanics go!
Old 10-22-10, 05:25 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

thanks!

yes, project u brakes up front
Old 10-22-10, 05:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by okthxbai
very nice. You don't see that too often here.
haha, yup, part of the reason why i decided to get them. they are on the rare side and i haven't had them before. i like to try out different brands. next would be endless i guess
Old 10-22-10, 10:41 PM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
haha, yup, part of the reason why i decided to get them. they are on the rare side and i haven't had them before. i like to try out different brands. next would be endless i guess
Your car is sexy Henry! I wish you lived close so I could pay you to detail my paint! Having a black car Im sure you have some tricks up your sleeve!
Old 10-22-10, 11:50 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by lkapimp216
Your car is sexy Henry! I wish you lived close so I could pay you to detail my paint! Having a black car Im sure you have some tricks up your sleeve!
no kidding, detailing obsidian lexus can be fun, if time is in your hand... i still remember when i detailed my freaking ls460l (also obsidian), took me about 30 hours to detail that tank.... lexus paint is soft so it's easy to damage the paint, but at least it's also easy to repair

jason, patience and practice
Old 10-25-10, 11:55 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by okthxbai
keep the p.mu. these stand out more because of the color and I'm starting to see more and more cars with endless these days.

Overall i think stoptech is the best bbk out there, just my .02
yeah, i do see more endless. but it's one of the few brands i have never tried.

and you are right, for the performance, price, etc... stoptech is unbeatable. had them on my sc430 and those brake are stupidly good, crazy stopping. not even the ap racing on my gs400 or brembo on my ls460l could compare
Old 10-31-10, 06:10 PM
Johnnyk1
Rookie

Anyone running 20x10 up front and 20x11 in the rear? I was thinking 20x10 +36 on a 245/35 and 20x11 +32 on a 245/35. I have an awd so that's why the tire size r the same. Pretty sure i going to need a fender roll, maybe even a pull with a lil camber.

Quick Reply: 3GS wheel thread