GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Paint Cracked & Chipping. Need Your Advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-09, 01:16 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i am not sure if i get exactly whee you talking about, can you describe more?

will try to explain as much as i can (maybe if i can take some pics i can start another thread on shaving the fenders (rear) and rolling fenders (front)
That would be great, I'm taking my wheels off tonight so I'll be sure to snap a few pictures while I'm under there.
Old 07-24-09, 07:47 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

insurance called and said they will not cover it because i paid for them to do the work which is a bull**** excuse. i paid for them to modify the lip, not destroy the car.

guess im going to have to get a loan to pay for this up front until i can get some legal actions going.
Old 07-24-09, 07:49 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
insurance called and said they will not cover it because i paid for them to do the work which is a bull**** excuse. i paid for them to modify the lip, not destroy the car.

guess im going to have to get a loan to pay for this up front until i can get some legal actions going.
Sorry to hear about this. What insurance company do you have? I really hope you get that shop to pay for your repairs. good luck
Old 07-24-09, 08:18 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

progressive. i kind of see where they are coming from though. he mentioned to me it was not something that was done unintentionally like vandalisum, theft, accident, etc...

i think the only option is legal route but i am going to have to put out the money up front.
Old 07-24-09, 01:39 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

well im going to meet with my lawyer monday. hopefully since i never signed anything that i can use that as some sort of legal grounds. thats the only option i have at this point. if not i'll be stuck paying almost 5k in repairs
Old 07-24-09, 02:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by ek9vboi
That would be great, I'm taking my wheels off tonight so I'll be sure to snap a few pictures while I'm under there.
i created a new thread for this
Old 07-24-09, 02:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

well im going to meet with my lawyer monday. hopefully since i never signed anything that i can use that as some sort of legal grounds. thats the only option i have at this point. if not i'll be stuck paying almost 5k in repairs
wow, 5k of repair? that seems like a lot?
Old 07-24-09, 04:29 PM
stvincent
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

that sucks.. sorry to hear, hope you settle this somehow..
Old 07-24-09, 04:43 PM
GS2006
Lead Lap

Why not call the owner first. Seems to me you have not tried to resolve this with the shop or have you left that out of the thread?
Old 07-24-09, 05:25 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Yes I did call they said there was nothin they could do
Old 07-24-09, 06:10 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

well from my experience from my IS350 rolling is not the way to go. I have shaved mine on the GS and its much better. The newer Lexus are better to shave the panels according to my body expert due to the process Lexus uses to glue/join the rear panels. All I can say is I will never go back to rolling.

I also called many shops to roll on my IS and many hung up on me. Found one to do it for 75$, its all the wanted, and had it done. I guess we all learn from what we have done. I learned the hard way for sure! IMO its the car and not the shop but I could be wrong.
Old 07-24-09, 06:46 PM
GS2006
Lead Lap

Yes I did call they said there was nothin they could do
Did you tell them that response will not look good for them on the message boards here and the board they are a sponsor?

If the managers and owner said tuff diddley, it is time to let people know the shop.

To the other person that said it is the car, OMG any decent shop would not only warn you but refuse to do the work if that is the expected result.
Old 07-24-09, 07:51 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^I was not sticking up for this shop....Any shop this would have happened (I don't care how good of a shop). I am sorry but this is a result of this car and speaking from experience. Like I said I had the same thing done on my IS and it did the same thing....So the shop that did mine does bad work is what you are telling me?? because they rolled several of the locals that have older Lexus makes and they have had NO problems like you see here.

Anyway I am only sharing a live experience and what I have learned about these newer cars and what the issue is. Sorry if you don't see the positive in that.

Wish you the best in getting this resolved.
Old 07-24-09, 08:04 PM
GS2006
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by passnu2
So the shop that did mine does bad work is what you are telling me?? because they rolled several of the locals that have older Lexus makes and they have had NO problems like you see here.
IMO, if your shop did all four wheels and did not own up, you bet..
Mistakes happen, but good shops stop when it does not work and then own up..

BTW, are these body shops that do the rolling?

Originally Posted by passnu2
I also called many shops to roll on my IS and many hung up on me. .
Did they say anything before hanging up?
Old 07-24-09, 08:14 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

The place that does my work now is a body shop, that is how I learned of the cause.

The place that rolled my fenders is a performance shop. They have had success with every car but mine and I will be the last newer Lexus they see for that reason. They learned just as I did. IMO they did nothing wrong and I did my research to find out there was nothing they could have done different to stop it from happening.

I guess I see this differently having gone through it. I do think this can be fixed for much less then 5k.

Quick Reply: Paint Cracked & Chipping. Need Your Advice