GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460
View Poll Results: Do you have noise - if so, what is your year/vehicle model or, select no noise!!!
2007 GS350 RWD w/Noise
16.67%
2008 GS350 RWD w/Noise
10.00%
2008 GS460 RWD w/Noise
6.67%
2007+ GS450h w/Noise
0%
2006-2007 GS430 w/Noise
10.00%
NO NOISE WHATSOEVER...
43.33%
2006 GS 300 AWD w/Noise
3.33%
2007+ GS 350 AWD w/Noise
10.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Fsport Sway Bar: Official Noise Survey

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-09, 12:51 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jasonx82
Back from Lexus..

Test drove with tech, who didnt seem to happy. He asked me if I really saw a difference in the sway bars kinda indirectly telling me it was pointless. (he said i should stay oem and not do aftermarket work)

So I dont know what to do now... They said they will keep looking..

sorry to hear that. i'm speechless at the tech's attitude. it's genuine f-sport parts from lexus, not aftermarket!
Old 07-30-09, 06:36 PM
haleakala
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bokmeipai
It varies from dealer to dealer. My dealer originally quoted 3 hrs., I called another and was quoted 4hrs. I went back to my dealer and told him to double checck since it should only take 1.5-2 hrs. as stated in installation instructions. They agreed to do it for 2hrs. labor. Any work performed from dealer is negotiable just like price of car. The prices are a little inflated anyway so they is some play.
My dealer has been great in working with me on the installation quote. They're charging me a 1hr labor charge even though it may take a bit longer. I've been going to them for the last 5 years for everything so they were willing to negotiate on the labor charge. Ordered the parts from Sewell so I'm glad my dealer went down on the labor.
Old 07-30-09, 08:00 PM
bokmeipai
Pole Position

That is why I opted to get mine done at dealer for peace of mind. Besides it was only a 2 hr. labor charge. Mine is back today getting noise checked on. I printed out all the forum post so they can try and figure it out.
Picked up my car today. Went over every bump I could find, no more noise !
Dealer told me they insulated the bushing and applied grease.
Old 07-31-09, 01:01 AM
Jasonx82
Rookie

Picked up my car today. Went over every bump I could find, no more noise !
Dealer told me they insulated the bushing and applied grease.
is this a perm fix?
Old 07-31-09, 05:22 AM
bokmeipai
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Jasonx82
is this a perm fix?
don't know if it is perm fix , it's still under warranty so I wouldn't worry about it. Besides I doubt dealer wants me to keep going back so I think they did more than just greasing it.
Old 08-03-09, 04:02 PM
sprintz
Rookie

don't know if it is perm fix , it's still under warranty so I wouldn't worry about it. Besides I doubt dealer wants me to keep going back so I think they did more than just greasing it.
Mine was "fixed" by Sewell in Dallas with grease. Knocking stopped for a few days but now its back in full effect... seems even worse. Grease alone ain't a permanent fix.

I actually don't really even mind the knocking; it's so subtle, audible only at low speed with the stereo off.
Old 08-03-09, 04:34 PM
Gs350Lola
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any updates from lexus about a perm fix?
Old 08-03-09, 06:53 PM
Jasonx82
Rookie

Originally Posted by Gs350Lola
any updates from lexus about a perm fix?
My Lexus dealer got back to me and confirmed that it is the front sway bar. They also state they have no fix or have no idea if there ever will be.

So the options I was given is to live with the light knocking or Put it back to stock.
Old 08-03-09, 07:00 PM
Gs350Lola
Lead Lap

wow ************ lexus... anothe problem i have to try to ignore in my 50k car
Old 08-04-09, 09:07 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

the instructions that came with my sway bars say nothing about adding grease at any point during the installation.

still haven't installed yet...will report back with any problems I have out of my AWD version.
Old 08-08-09, 04:06 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

well finally got mine done today and I am happy to report NO noise!!

2006 GS430 RWD.

I had a slight gap in the front on both sides. No noises driving slow, over bumps, or pushing the car.

Man what a difference. I only drove it ~ 50 miles and you can throw the rear of this car

I will give it some time.

Note:
I replaced all end-links and nuts. Only thing I have done different then the rest.
Old 08-08-09, 05:14 PM
Jasonx82
Rookie

my dealer put some felt around the bushings and the noise is gone (they said this is only a temp fix till f-sport produces a revised part) so im a happy camper
Old 08-08-09, 07:17 PM
jreby95
Driver School Candidate

Guys,

The TRD folks I work with have identified the root cause of the knocking I was having on my 07 GS. The problem, as many people have talked about, were around the bushings. He changed my rubber bushings for polyurethane and the knocking has been completely eliminated. It was real bad before. Now TRD is still working on the permanent fix as he mentioned to me that polyurethane bushings are not good for all climates.

Another interesting point is that he has not heard anything from the field. I just happen to work at HQ and was able to get the designers to look at my problem. My recommendation would be to go back to the dealerships that installed your sway bar and ensure they are piping the information back up the servicing chain. Hard for the designers to address an issue they do not know about.

Also fyi, as soon as TRD found out about my issue, which was pretty soon after they were released to the public, they were working immediately on the root cause and solution. Toyota does stand behind their products and you will definitely get a permanent fix.
Old 08-08-09, 09:20 PM
wingster
Driver

quoted from jreby95:

"Now TRD is still working on the permanent fix as he mentioned to me that polyurethane bushings are not good for all climates."

"Another interesting point is that he has not heard anything from the field. I just happen to work at HQ and was able to get the designers to look at my problem. My recommendation would be to go back to the dealerships that installed your sway bar and ensure they are piping the information back up the servicing chain. Hard for the designers to address an issue they do not know about."

"Also fyi, as soon as TRD found out about my issue, which was pretty soon after they were released to the public, they were working immediately on the root cause and solution."

I'm confused... Does Lexus/Toyota/TRD know and is working on a solution or not... Your statements are contradicting.
Old 08-08-09, 11:20 PM
jreby95
Driver School Candidate

Yes, they know of the problem because I reported it to them but they have not heard about it officially from the field (basically everyone else who has bought one and had a problem). Make sure your dealerships are pinging corporate so that they are fully aware of the number of individuals who have this issue.

Quick Reply: Fsport Sway Bar: Official Noise Survey