GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Brake squeal driving me mad!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-09, 04:11 PM
Xwakeboard
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake squeal driving me mad!!!

Right around 20K I started getting the squealing so many have talked about, took it the dealer and they couldn’t duplicate it, great. Last week I went out with a tech in the car, couldn’t duplicate it. My question is, are their any service bulletins I can bring with me on Friday to prove that I am not just making this stuff up, because as hard as I try I can’t get the car to duplicate the break noise with the tech in the car.
Old 07-29-09, 10:34 PM
vladbph
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Xwakeboard
Right around 20K I started getting the squealing so many have talked about, took it the dealer and they couldn’t duplicate it, great. Last week I went out with a tech in the car, couldn’t duplicate it. My question is, are their any service bulletins I can bring with me on Friday to prove that I am not just making this stuff up, because as hard as I try I can’t get the car to duplicate the break noise with the tech in the car.
Make a video and send it to them.
Old 07-30-09, 01:56 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

there is a TSB on this.
Old 07-30-09, 09:51 AM
Xwakeboard
Pole Position

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
there is a TSB on this.
What is the TSB #?
Old 07-30-09, 10:32 AM
sanguine
Rookie

Originally Posted by Xwakeboard
Hey man, I was in the exact same position. The people at the dealership thought I was crazy and hearing stuff. I would hear loud squeals and when I bring it to the dealership it would cooperate. It was as if the brakes were working against me anytime I tried to get them fixed.

There is a TSB for brake dust, so worse case is you can get a new set of pads for complaining about that. That is what I did initialy, the technician was nice enough to put on the OEM (dusty) pads on for me but after 5k/3months the squeal came back with a vengence. I was able to finally get my car to squeal at the dealership last weekend. They just ended installing the dustless pads but I'm very disappointed with the performance. It definitely isn't as good and stiffer. I guess I will have to wait for these pads to wear out before I put on aftermarkets and save my ears.
Old 07-30-09, 10:45 AM
Xwakeboard
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sanguine
Hey man, I was in the exact same position. The people at the dealership thought I was crazy and hearing stuff. I would hear loud squeals and when I bring it to the dealership it would cooperate. It was as if the brakes were working against me anytime I tried to get them fixed.

There is a TSB for brake dust, so worse case is you can get a new set of pads for complaining about that. That is what I did initialy, the technician was nice enough to put on the OEM (dusty) pads on for me but after 5k/3months the squeal came back with a vengence. I was able to finally get my car to squeal at the dealership last weekend. They just ended installing the dustless pads but I'm very disappointed with the performance. It definitely isn't as good and stiffer. I guess I will have to wait for these pads to wear out before I put on aftermarkets and save my ears.
Glad to know I'm not the only one on the verge of madness with these things! I know that there is a tsb for the dustless pads, but I'd really like to avoid changing out if possible... Does anyone know if there is a TSB just for the squeak that doesn't require the dustless pads?