GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Anyone heard of Zegado 3 piece Wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-09, 10:38 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

all these small wheel companies going under.

warranties are useless and pointless.

best to stick with the big names- enkei, work, bbs, oz
Old 07-31-09, 10:54 AM
telmz1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by maying856
Thats David with the LS. Were the slammed Lexus duo I got a friend in Town who can shave those for you, let me know if youre interested
i'm interested for sure but i need to do this ASAP so I think I might go buy some tools and do it myself. I'm chewing up my tires!
Old 08-02-09, 12:51 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

The wheels look great but I gaurantee that fitment with those out of spec front tires will cause rubbing if your car is lowered.
Old 08-02-09, 06:41 AM
telmz1
Lead Lap

yep lots of rubbing on the side walls. I already cut the back so plenty of room there. The front I need to roll but scared to do i without a heat gun and that eastwood tool so I need to find some to do it for me. I was thinking of using a bat - but scared I'll mess up. I did take out that black fender liner piece and cut some metal around the screws that hold the bumper and fender together as it was cutting into the tires.

The tires on there are 245/35 and 285/30. I'm thinking my next set would need to be 245/30 and 295/25. I'm AWD and the diameters need to the same. What do you think? I'm worried about the 25 series.
Old 08-02-09, 09:07 AM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah man get the roller tool and never roll your fendors with out a heat gun.
Old 08-06-09, 10:22 AM
telmz1
Lead Lap

ok I got them on now...pleased that I was able to get a great deal but not digging all the chrome. The quality of this 3 piece rim is pretty nice and the chrome is one the best i've seen. i wish my car was black that way it wouldn't look too bad. Anyways I had to raise the car up a bit, shave 1/2 of the rear fenders, and used a heat gun to push in the inner liner in the fronts. However I'm still rubbing when I turn and dips and noticed I'm not just rubbing on plastic but the metal pieces behind the liner where the bumper and the fender connect. I used a dremel to cut away as much as I can but it looks like I have only two options:
- Raise the car (for whatever reason this hurts more than dropping the extra cash for tires)
- Buy a new set (240/30/20 & 295/25/20 - sad because these rims came with some pretty new Michelin pilots).

Here are some pics. Yeah - I'm not digging the chrome either. I wonder if I can get the face polished, machined, or power coated. Oh yeah the real center caps are on the way. No wonder the original owner didn't want them, they are like $60 bucks each.

Old 08-06-09, 10:58 AM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnojack
all these small wheel companies going under.

warranties are useless and pointless.

best to stick with the big names- enkei, work, bbs, oz
lol and BBS almost went bankrupt..

anything can happen

these rims don't do anything for me, too many other mesh rims out there
Old 08-06-09, 06:00 PM
maying856
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by telmz1
ok I got them on now...pleased that I was able to get a great deal but not digging all the chrome. The quality of this 3 piece rim is pretty nice and the chrome is one the best i've seen. i wish my car was black that way it wouldn't look too bad. Anyways I had to raise the car up a bit, shave 1/2 of the rear fenders, and used a heat gun to push in the inner liner in the fronts. However I'm still rubbing when I turn and dips and noticed I'm not just rubbing on plastic but the metal pieces behind the liner where the bumper and the fender connect. I used a dremel to cut away as much as I can but it looks like I have only two options:
- Raise the car (for whatever reason this hurts more than dropping the extra cash for tires)
- Buy a new set (240/30/20 & 295/25/20 - sad because these rims came with some pretty new Michelin pilots).

Here are some pics. Yeah - I'm not digging the chrome either. I wonder if I can get the face polished, machined, or power coated. Oh yeah the real center caps are on the way. No wonder the original owner didn't want them, they are like $60 bucks each.

Looks clean, too bad its not lower In all honesty Joe, the rims looked better on Tommy's car. You need to figure out a way to drop it lower
Old 08-07-09, 04:34 AM
Nash
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man car turned out great, im with you on the wheels needing to be changed from chrome. The design of the wheel is hot and it looks clean. IMO your height looks fine!
Old 08-07-09, 06:18 AM
stvincent
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

congrats on the purchase.. are they chrome or highly polished? either way, they look very nice on your car.. it blends well with white exterior.. i like the design of wheels too.. i know what you mean about raising the car.. i'm rubbing front and back, but i still refuse to raise it up.. hopefully you will take care of that rubbing issue for good..
Old 08-07-09, 07:45 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

shave your fenders, dont roll them. trust me, ive been through it before and the outcome is not good.
Old 08-07-09, 08:29 AM
telmz1
Lead Lap

i think any rim would look better on tommy's ride because he is dumped. He was rolling on cut DF210s with like a 4" drop. This is my daily driver putting about 100 miles a day so I can't do that.

What color should I powder coat the faces on these? silver, gun metal? I'll leave the lip chrome. Tommy had me cracking up when he said power coat the lips white. I said hell no.
Originally Posted by maying856
Looks clean, too bad its not lower In all honesty Joe, the rims looked better on Tommy's car. You need to figure out a way to drop it lower
Old 08-07-09, 09:03 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

if your car is white, thats what i would do
Old 08-07-09, 09:43 AM
telmz1
Lead Lap

IXI187IXI - what would you do?

I just noticed you are rolling on 22"s on an AWD?!? Are you staggered? Vibrations (at stop) and or Wobbling (5-20 mph)?
Old 08-07-09, 01:49 PM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

I think these look pretty damn good for triple chrome wheels.

Now if they where my wheels, I would do the faces brushed or silver and leave the bolts and lip chrome. That s just me though. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Anyone heard of Zegado 3 piece Wheels?