GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Worst Service EVER at Pembroke!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-09, 07:27 PM
vuiskool
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Flynlow
Read that extended warranty very carefully. Ask lots of questions and get the answers in writing. After lots of research on getting it for my 06, I decided what was offered isn't worth the $ IMO. Good luck.
YES, do this. You can't believe ANYTHING that comes from a person's mouth unless it is in writing. Make sure you get whatever you want, not what they want.

ps. Also be sure to ask for some free incentives, if not car wise then accessories like hats and stuff.
Old 08-03-09, 07:42 PM
edanco55
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the extended warranty even necessary? I have 30,000 miles in my care and the 4 years will be up in December this year. I am not planing on buying one because i heard Lexus is very reliable. what do you guys think?
Old 08-03-09, 09:18 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by edanco55
Is the extended warranty even necessary? I have 30,000 miles in my care and the 4 years will be up in December this year. I am not planing on buying one because i heard Lexus is very reliable. what do you guys think?
I'm 50/50 on that. I know how to fix things so it wouldn't concern me too much, but for those who don't know jack it might be a good idea. Lexus cars are known to last, same with Toyotas which are the building blocks for Lexus.
Old 08-04-09, 12:43 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by ek9vboi
My deal was quicker. Like 1 min worth of negotiations.

And no I didn't pay whatever they wanted. lol
lol... w0w, want to enlighten me with your skillz?

well I hope you get it man. I got the 2006 GS300 AWD fully loaded and I love it. I swapped the wheels with the 2008 GS430 18"wheels. I am not looking to go crazy on it. I have one more thing I am doing and that is changing the side mirrors. which I just ordered from Nigel. I am excited. well I hope all work out for you.
I decided to deal with lexus of orlando... not exactly what i wanted...but i'd settle since i dont want to use an alternative GPS hack..... i was gonna go for the gs300 AWD pearl fully loaded with the black trim and i believe gray seats. =] Asking:33k, my offer:30.... lexus of orlando's better to deal with anyways since we've bought most of the cars from them

Originally Posted by Flynlow
Read that extended warranty very carefully. Ask lots of questions and get the answers in writing. After lots of research on getting it for my 06, I decided what was offered isn't worth the $ IMO. Good luck.
+1 lol.... for sure i'll be rereading paper work before i sign ANYTHING at all, thanks buddy =]

Originally Posted by vuiskool
YES, do this. You can't believe ANYTHING that comes from a person's mouth unless it is in writing. Make sure you get whatever you want, not what they want.

ps. Also be sure to ask for some free incentives, if not car wise then accessories like hats and stuff.
will do =] lol@free incentives... i'd be down for that lexus watch that they can integrate into our gs's

wow... you barely drive huh? i was hoping to get a daily beater but have decided to just straight up use the GS for daily driving(i rack probably 20-30k a year)... besides, if i have a daily beater it would probably turn into one of those "turbo" projects again hahaha

I'm 50/50 on that. I know how to fix things so it wouldn't concern me too much, but for those who don't know jack it might be a good idea. Lexus cars are known to last, same with Toyotas which are the building blocks for Lexus.
lol i can fix almost anything... but cars that cost a lot of money are the cars i'd be afraid to loosen bolts on hahaha
Old 08-04-09, 01:00 AM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
wow... you barely drive huh? i was hoping to get a daily beater but have decided to just straight up use the GS for daily driving(i rack probably 20-30k a year)... besides, if i have a daily beater it would probably turn into one of those "turbo" projects again hahaha

lol i can fix almost anything... but cars that cost a lot of money are the cars i'd be afraid to loosen bolts on hahaha
If you think he barely drives... I've had my since end of 07 and all I got is 11k on the car. Work is right around the corner from my house.

I was like that before as well, after a while its just another honda. Cut and shave whatever, when it comes time to sale/trade they wont know the diff.
Old 08-04-09, 01:09 AM
XxGoKoUxX

If you think he barely drives... I've had my since end of 07 and all I got is 11k on the car. Work is right around the corner from my house.

I was like that before as well, after a while its just another honda. Cut and shave whatever, when it comes time to sale/trade they wont know the diff.
lol w0w, you guys both BARELY drive anywhere! i drive about 20-30 miles one way per day... so that's about 60 a day? about 2-3 times of the day i go the extra 40 (to go around town) and that's about 100 miles a day.... after a while it kinda adds up LOL, maybe i'll make my fiance pick me up more often hahahaha...
Old 08-04-09, 01:10 AM
Gs350Lola
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

call corp tell them what happen and say **** lexus go with infiniti lol
Old 08-04-09, 01:17 AM
XxGoKoUxX

well i don't like saying **** lexus... since i've been in love with the gs ever since 96 or 97.... lol, but my fiance DID call corporate lexus yesterday, i'll be calling today to file another complaint... the lady on the phone was shocked and said she never heard of anyone getting service like that before.... so, all in all... im' praying that all the people HERE who have a bad experience with lexus of pembroke, and feel like we need a change?

http://www.lexus.com/contact/
Vehicle or Dealership Experience: 1-800-255-3987
Old 08-04-09, 04:27 AM
edanco55
Driver School Candidate

lol!!!! I have another car. I have the 2003 Acura TL Stype that i use. I like it because that car is freaking fast. Lexus drives better, but that Acura takes off really fast. Let us know once you get your GS and of course post some pics. Lol

I agree with you XxGoKoUxX 100%. I used to do almost all the work when i had the Civic, but we are talking about lots of money here. lol
Old 08-04-09, 05:24 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

XxGoKoUxX, a alot of the time if you have a bad attitute toward the dealer, they will give it to you right back. Lexus do have good customer service, but they are not there to take your shiz. If you offer them a fair price, and they refuse, just leave and walk away. No need to say F U to anyone.
Old 08-04-09, 09:48 AM
XxGoKoUxX

lol!!!! I have another car. I have the 2003 Acura TL Stype that i use. I like it because that car is freaking fast. Lexus drives better, but that Acura takes off really fast. Let us know once you get your GS and of course post some pics. Lol

I agree with you XxGoKoUxX 100%. I used to do almost all the work when i had the Civic, but we are talking about lots of money here. lol
lol.... yeah edan =] i had my legend for my daily and i had a project miata in the garage most of the time, put 30k miles over 6 yrs and had the thing @ approx 260hp running 12s lol, i put sooo much work into it over the years and when i let it go (to obtain the GS) i was saaaad hahaha..... hopefully the GS won't be a money put too hahaha

I'll be sure to update you guys on the new GS! my uncle called them today to cut a deal, glacier frost AWD( =[ i like the RWD better) and fully loaded

Originally Posted by The G Man
XxGoKoUxX, a alot of the time if you have a bad attitute toward the dealer, they will give it to you right back. Lexus do have good customer service, but they are not there to take your shiz. If you offer them a fair price, and they refuse, just leave and walk away. No need to say F U to anyone.
why does everyone get the idea that i cussed him out first? i didnt say ANYTHING until AFTER he chased me out of the dealership talking me down like the only thing i'll ever own is a honda.... i was actually nice and walked out like you said, i gave him my offer and he laughed in my face calling me an insult.... i didn't say anything to him first... i walked out without a word and he kept pushing words in my face AS i walked out, so you see... i'm at a lexus dealership to not take THEIR shiz
Old 08-04-09, 12:26 PM
bigalexus
Rookie

This was a funny story thanks for the laugh.
Old 08-04-09, 02:19 PM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry to hear that, but that had happend to me before too!!!

When I was shopping for MB S500, the salesman treated me like crap (maybe b/c at the time I was still in college, and he thought I was BSing)!!!

Instead of getting mad like you did, I went ahead and talked to the GM directly!!!

I told the GM that I will purchased the vehicle from his dealership under one condition... have that azzhole FIRED for good!!!

I have not yet seen that salesman since!!!

Last edited by slk_dds; 08-04-09 at 02:23 PM.
Old 08-04-09, 03:00 PM
Just a Guy
Driver School Candidate

I've always done my negotiating through the Fleet/Internet Manager at the Dealership. This way all pricing is in print, as I can bring along a printed email with his quoted price, and there are no surprises when I show up to pay for the car. I usually start to negotiate though 2 or 3 Fleet Managers at different dealerships simultaneously so I can take the best quote and forward it to the other managers. It's actually pretty simple.

Walking on the lot and going through their 4 hour grind of "checking with their manager", dealings with the "closer" and time spent waiting for the paperwork to be processed is for the birds. I usually get the car cleaned and have all paperwork waiting for me by the time I drive down to pick up the car.
Old 08-04-09, 03:59 PM
edanco55
Driver School Candidate

Sound really simple. There are people out there that like the face to face negotiation thu. I got really lucky.
They just finished posting the car on their website and i i've been checking all the dealers around my area for about six months. See you have to understand that the GS 300 fully loaded was my dream car since it came out and i was not going to buy anything else.

I went to the dealership right away. (Sunday morning 9am) When i walked in there was only one person helping a lady. After looking at the car and waiting for about 10 minutes the sales person told me "hey i just want you to know we are short today and i am not ignoring you, so once i am done i will come and help you out". Once he said that i was like okay that is cool.

Two minutes later someone else came out and asked me if i needed help? i negotiated with the person and to make the story short "once everything was final i looked at a board they had hanging on the wall and i asked "how come your name is not on the board stating how many car you sold this month". You know what his answer was?
He said that is because i am the manager. This is when i realized why i got the car for the price i got it for. I also have to give credit to my wife because she had him add ipod feed.
That is how i got my beautiful machine. lol

Oh i know you guys want to know how much i paid. I traded my 2000 accord with 115,000 mile and the car was price for 35,000 with 12,000 miles

I gave it to me for 25,600. was it a good deal? you do the math. I did not still the car, and i am sure there are some people who have negotiated better deals, but I was happy, I am happy and always will be happy about this deal. I know i saved at least 4 to 6 k

Quick Reply: Worst Service EVER at Pembroke!