GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Worst Service EVER at Pembroke!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-09, 09:23 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by bigalexus
This was a funny story thanks for the laugh.
lol.... i'll have my laugh upon you one day

Originally Posted by slk_dds
Sorry to hear that, but that had happend to me before too!!!

When I was shopping for MB S500, the salesman treated me like crap (maybe b/c at the time I was still in college, and he thought I was BSing)!!!

Instead of getting mad like you did, I went ahead and talked to the GM directly!!!

I told the GM that I will purchased the vehicle from his dealership under one condition... have that azzhole FIRED for good!!!

I have not yet seen that salesman since!!!
lol!!! well the guy who i spoke to and was treated like an ******* was, i believe, the sales manager himself.... so if i have to file a complaint to anyone, it will have to be the owner of the dealership himself, and i can't seem to get in contact with him =[

Originally Posted by Just a Guy
I've always done my negotiating through the Fleet/Internet Manager at the Dealership. This way all pricing is in print, as I can bring along a printed email with his quoted price, and there are no surprises when I show up to pay for the car. I usually start to negotiate though 2 or 3 Fleet Managers at different dealerships simultaneously so I can take the best quote and forward it to the other managers. It's actually pretty simple.

Walking on the lot and going through their 4 hour grind of "checking with their manager", dealings with the "closer" and time spent waiting for the paperwork to be processed is for the birds. I usually get the car cleaned and have all paperwork waiting for me by the time I drive down to pick up the car.
Any chance you can explain this process to me my good sir? I've never done this before... out of the 6-7 cars i've bought or traded, i've never done anything like this lol.... so if you can, maybe through PM, explain this whole process with me?

Originally Posted by edanco55
Sound really simple. There are people out there that like the face to face negotiation thu. I got really lucky.
They just finished posting the car on their website and i i've been checking all the dealers around my area for about six months. See you have to understand that the GS 300 fully loaded was my dream car since it came out and i was not going to buy anything else.

I went to the dealership right away. (Sunday morning 9am) When i walked in there was only one person helping a lady. After looking at the car and waiting for about 10 minutes the sales person told me "hey i just want you to know we are short today and i am not ignoring you, so once i am done i will come and help you out". Once he said that i was like okay that is cool.

Two minutes later someone else came out and asked me if i needed help? i negotiated with the person and to make the story short "once everything was final i looked at a board they had hanging on the wall and i asked "how come your name is not on the board stating how many car you sold this month". You know what his answer was?
He said that is because i am the manager. This is when i realized why i got the car for the price i got it for. I also have to give credit to my wife because she had him add ipod feed.
That is how i got my beautiful machine. lol

Oh i know you guys want to know how much i paid. I traded my 2000 accord with 115,000 mile and the car was price for 35,000 with 12,000 miles

I gave it to me for 25,600. was it a good deal? you do the math. I did not still the car, and i am sure there are some people who have negotiated better deals, but I was happy, I am happy and always will be happy about this deal. I know i saved at least 4 to 6 k
yup, i feel better dealing with people in person, even though i don't like the "talk to my manager" thing.... i do feel like u should always LOOK at the car and make sure everything's good, and point out the wrongs to get a better deal on things
Old 08-04-09, 10:24 PM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never deal with a middleman..big mistake
Old 08-05-09, 09:11 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

the middle man was of great service to me, still is, helping me find a new car as much he can lol....

the problem was the people THERE were *******s, the middle man told me not to let them know i was buying the car off him, and that i was just looking. It was the dealership that hustled me, hooked me in to go look at the car, and then tell me it wasn't there anymore. The middle man got me 29k out the door, the dealers there wouldn't even give me the time of day on the phone AND in person when i got there