GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Worst Service EVER at Pembroke!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-09, 06:21 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Worst Service EVER at Pembroke!

Cannot believe the service i got at pembroke over the weekend, UNBELIEVABLE!!!

First off, I called the dealership asking if they can do 29,000 for me, since i got through a middle man, that i could purchase this vehicle for $29,000.... The dealer guy told me that's impossible, and said that if I can purchase the car at that price, he would buy it off of me.... this being said he already gave me an attitude so i told him "you know what? call me when and if you change your mind because i KNOW i can get the car at $29,000 (i already dealed with a middleman guy).... anywho... i told the middle man guy i'd check out the car in the next week after my cruise....

I get back from the cruise, calling Pembroke personally to ask them if they had the 06 GS300 for sale still.... pearl white fully loaded (back up camera, navi, ML system, etc etc.) they said they would call me back in a few minutes, next thing you know, they called me back, and then told me that the car's in stock, being a happy camper i went to check out the car before i purchased it through my middle man..... i came there in the biggest dissapointment ever..... guy told me the car was "just sold" within the morning that i was coming.... and sold for $29,400 at that!!! what bull****!!(this was told by the guy serving me looking for a car) and that the guy who told me the car was there was wrong. So he reccomended me a base packaged car for $29,000.... i sat down thinking.... maybe $25,000 is a good place to start, since you know, people deal up and down and up and down.... i tested out the car, gave him my offer, and the guy laughed in my face like i was an idiot.... how humiliating.... i then told him to ask his sales manager, he refused, and so i told him "you must not want to sell me a car?" so i walked... and he said okay wait, i'll get sales manager.... when the guy came out he shook my hand.... i forgot his name, but he asked me where i got my prices from..... i told him from looking around, i've been looking for the car for a while so i know my prices.... He then told me "you know, i'm the price manager, i KNOW my prices, my job is to KNOW my prices.... your offer is such an insult I don't even know where to begin, why don't you go down the street to 441 and find yourself another vehicle, since you know your prices so much" at that momment i was like OKAY, i walked myself out, shaking my head at their customer service.... still walking out he was still talking his talk, i turned around and said "you know what? FKUC YOU!" and he told me "you know what? get outta my dealership then, i don't need to deal with you." I walked out not giving a damn because i'm not going to be a little ***** like him. On my way out, he said "you short fat ****"..... First off, i'm not short, i'm 5'9 and he's like 5'4..... and yes i'm fat.... but he needs to take a second look at himself.... and... ****? yes... i like to ****, apparently there's something wrong with that, since he's never gotten any in his entire life?

long story short... my cousin came back in telling him that's not business like, telling him it's wrong that he deals with people that way, kinda telling him off.... with a smirk on his face, he tells me, OKAY I'M SORRY.... as if he didn't mean it so i tell him **** it, **** you too, dont shake my hand..... we left, he took a photo of my UNCLE'S COMPANY CAR and i left off dissatisfied with a lexus dealership....

I've never heard of a high class company like lexus giving service like this, especially not like pembroke.... I would expect it from another company.... Still surprised a company like this is still standing.

Maybe it was the way my family dressed (fresh off the carnival cruise) maybe it was the ghetto walk i had? who knows..... all I know is pembroke lost another customer and one that has a family full of lexus at that..... My aunt owns a 3-4 million $ grocery store... my uncle 300k+ every year...my mom makes more than enough to own 4-5 LS460's a year..... I hope someone steps up like me and forwards half of the complaints on pembroke to corporate.... I know I did!
Old 08-02-09, 07:20 PM
arnieosp
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Seems to me that you started it, buddy. Salesmen are people too. You insulted him first by saying "F... you", and he insulted you back. Sounds like you got what you deserved.

What did you expect them to do, chase you on your way out and kiss your a$$?
Old 08-02-09, 07:41 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

wow im goin to bed now...
Old 08-02-09, 07:58 PM
edanco55
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey how many miles did this car have? $29,000 i bet it has over 50,000 miles if not more. GS300 with everything still pretty pricy so i don't know. I am sure you can get it in the high 20s but make sure you know the dealer and CAR FAX
Attached Thumbnails Worst Service EVER at Pembroke!-ed-s-car.jpg  
Old 08-02-09, 09:05 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

IMO, both of you acted unprofessionally...I dont know what's his story. Business is probably booming there, if he can afford to lose customers? You should have just tell him your offer and your phone number, shake his hand and leave. You would most likely get a phone call from him in a day or two.
Old 08-02-09, 09:10 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Originally Posted by arnieosp
Seems to me that you started it, buddy. Salesmen are people too. You insulted him first by saying "F... you", and he insulted you back. Sounds like you got what you deserved.

What did you expect them to do, chase you on your way out and kiss your a$$?
you MUST have gotten lost in the whole story... i didn't say F U to him at all... not until he chased me out of the dealership treating me like a POS.... i never approached him first with any hostility at all.... might want to re-read the story?
Old 08-02-09, 09:21 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Angry

Originally Posted by edanco55
Hey how many miles did this car have? $29,000 i bet it has over 50,000 miles if not more. GS300 with everything still pretty pricy so i don't know. I am sure you can get it in the high 20s but make sure you know the dealer and CAR FAX
the car had 44,000 miles...... i was already getting a deal through another dealership (AN Auto connection) for $29,000.... but when i called the guy at pembroke pines, he said that price was a complete joke, and shrugged me off like i didn't matter...

it wasn't even at that point that i was pissed... it was the fact that they tried to hustle me and THEN got their facts wrong... by telling me the car was sold when i got there.... it can't be sold within 5 minutes (the time range that i asked if they still had the car).

I was determined that the car was a fair price... since the car that they offered me as an alternative was a GS300 BASE PACKAGE..... 25k(base) vs 29k(loaded).... $4k difference..... seems fair to me.... and i was willing to meet him halfway (26k).... it's not like i didn't want the car, you know? he just straight up insulted me, telling me to go down OBT and find a car there, like they didn't need my business or something. I dunno if i needed to remind everyone else though (not you edanco) that he provoked me first, i didn't cuss him out first or do anything in anyway to "insult" him besides give him MY price..... i was GOING to give him my phone # and contact info until he talked me down like i was some poor *** kid who can't afford anything....

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
IMO, both of you acted unprofessionally...I dont know what's his story. Business is probably booming there, if he can afford to lose customers? You should have just tell him your offer and your phone number, shake his hand and leave. You would most likely get a phone call from him in a day or two.
I admit... on my part i shouldn't of cussed him out, but i'm sure if you were standing there you'd give him a piece of your mind too for talking you down like you work at a burger king trying to come to a ferrari dealership..... And i honestly don't know what the **** was on his mind to tell me to go somewhere else like OBT to get a car.... like i said, was GOING to offer the phone # and contact information, but the way he talked me down (i didn't say anything at this momment, just walked out until he went down my throat following me on the way out)..... i guess you're right though sniip3r... he MUST have a booming business lol, because he's sure not getting it from me
Old 08-02-09, 09:21 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

A lot of bad stuff been going on at Lexus of Pines. I bought my car from them a while back, everything went fine for me. I've yet to have a problem, but damn reading all this isn't good... not to mention more then likely I will always bring it to them to service since they are right by work/home.

But seriously, you did exchange words but from the way I'm reading it you did initial the ruder side of things. As a business owner, I would never drop a bad word to a client unless they start insulting me in ways that would make anyone offended.

Another note, you come off as a spoiler rich kid who get what they want. Around here we don't throw out figures of how much WE make, its actually laughable that you mentioned your "aunt and uncle's" figures and then bring in mommy's figures. It might sound like I'm taking it hard on you and putting it out there but its as honest as it gets. You need some growing up to do bro.
Old 08-02-09, 09:27 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Originally Posted by ek9vboi
A lot of bad stuff been going on at Lexus of Pines. I bought my car from them a while back, everything went fine for me. I've yet to have a problem, but damn reading all this isn't good... not to mention more then likely I will always bring it to them to service since they are right by work/home.

But seriously, you did exchange words but from the way I'm reading it you did initial the ruder side of things. As a business owner, I would never drop a bad word to a client unless they start insulting me in ways that would make anyone offended.

Another note, you come off as a spoiler rich kid who get what they want. Around here we don't throw out figures of how much WE make, its actually laughable that you mentioned your "aunt and uncle's" figures and then bring in mommy's figures. It might sound like I'm taking it hard on you and putting it out there but its as honest as it gets. You need some growing up to do bro.
it wasn't the fact that i wanted to put my worth in... it was the fact that they looked down us my FAMILY (who was with me at the time).... when they were making a couple hundred thousand a year+!.... what i'm trying to get at is... you should never judge a book by its cover.... I knew what i wanted and i worked hard to get what i've been waiting for all these years (towards the GS that is...)... the guy intially insulted me by telling me to go off to Orange Blossom and get my car there, i didn't tell him **** you until he followed me out harassing me.
Old 08-02-09, 09:52 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
it wasn't the fact that i wanted to put my worth in... it was the fact that they looked down us my FAMILY (who was with me at the time).... when they were making a couple hundred thousand a year+!.... what i'm trying to get at is... you should never judge a book by its cover.... I knew what i wanted and i worked hard to get what i've been waiting for all these years (towards the GS that is...)... the guy intially insulted me by telling me to go off to Orange Blossom and get my car there, i didn't tell him **** you until he followed me out harassing me.
Completely understandable. Sucks that Lexus of Pines get the blunt of the bad due to poor customer service.

If you think you were looked down upon... I'm 24 and look like a 16 yr old boy. Not to mention... going to buy a loaded GS350, yeah. lol
Old 08-02-09, 09:55 PM
arnieosp
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

He then told me "you know, i'm the price manager, i KNOW my prices, my job is to KNOW my prices.... your offer is such an insult I don't even know where to begin, why don't you go down the street to 441 and find yourself another vehicle, since you know your prices so much" at that momment i was like OKAY, i walked myself out, shaking my head at their customer service.... still walking out he was still talking his talk, i turned around and said "you know what? FKUC YOU!"
This is what I saw. Did I miss something? Or did "why don't you go down the street to 441 and find yourself another vehicle," sound as anything equal to "you know what? FKUC YOU!"?

Anyway, have you got your Lexus yet? There's plenty of them out there. Get it someplace else, take it back to Pembroke, find that dude and tell him that it could have been him, getting the sale. Pack it up his a$$.

Last edited by arnieosp; 08-02-09 at 10:03 PM.
Old 08-02-09, 10:01 PM
LexFather

Cannot believe the service i got at pembroke over the weekend, UNBELIEVABLE!!!

First off, I called the dealership asking if they can do 29,000 for me, since i got through a middle man, that i could purchase this vehicle for $29,000.... The dealer guy told me that's impossible, and said that if I can purchase the car at that price, he would buy it off of me.... this being said he already gave me an attitude so i told him "you know what? call me when and if you change your mind because i KNOW i can get the car at $29,000 (i already dealed with a middleman guy).... anywho... i told the middle man guy i'd check out the car in the next week after my cruise....

I get back from the cruise, calling Pembroke personally to ask them if they had the 06 GS300 for sale still.... pearl white fully loaded (back up camera, navi, ML system, etc etc.) they said they would call me back in a few minutes, next thing you know, they called me back, and then told me that the car's in stock, being a happy camper i went to check out the car before i purchased it through my middle man..... i came there in the biggest dissapointment ever..... guy told me the car was "just sold" within the morning that i was coming.... and sold for $29,400 at that!!! what bull****!!(this was told by the guy serving me looking for a car) and that the guy who told me the car was there was wrong. So he reccomended me a base packaged car for $29,000.... i sat down thinking.... maybe $25,000 is a good place to start, since you know, people deal up and down and up and down.... i tested out the car, gave him my offer, and the guy laughed in my face like i was an idiot.... how humiliating.... i then told him to ask his sales manager, he refused, and so i told him "you must not want to sell me a car?" so i walked... and he said okay wait, i'll get sales manager.... when the guy came out he shook my hand.... i forgot his name, but he asked me where i got my prices from..... i told him from looking around, i've been looking for the car for a while so i know my prices.... He then told me "you know, i'm the price manager, i KNOW my prices, my job is to KNOW my prices.... your offer is such an insult I don't even know where to begin, why don't you go down the street to 441 and find yourself another vehicle, since you know your prices so much" at that momment i was like OKAY, i walked myself out, shaking my head at their customer service.... still walking out he was still talking his talk, i turned around and said "you know what? FKUC YOU!" and he told me "you know what? get outta my dealership then, i don't need to deal with you." I walked out not giving a damn because i'm not going to be a little ***** like him. On my way out, he said "you short fat ****"..... First off, i'm not short, i'm 5'9 and he's like 5'4..... and yes i'm fat.... but he needs to take a second look at himself.... and... ****? yes... i like to ****, apparently there's something wrong with that, since he's never gotten any in his entire life?

long story short... my cousin came back in telling him that's not business like, telling him it's wrong that he deals with people that way, kinda telling him off.... with a smirk on his face, he tells me, OKAY I'M SORRY.... as if he didn't mean it so i tell him **** it, **** you too, dont shake my hand..... we left, he took a photo of my UNCLE'S COMPANY CAR and i left off dissatisfied with a lexus dealership....

I've never heard of a high class company like lexus giving service like this, especially not like pembroke.... I would expect it from another company.... Still surprised a company like this is still standing.

Maybe it was the way my family dressed (fresh off the carnival cruise) maybe it was the ghetto walk i had? who knows..... all I know is pembroke lost another customer and one that has a family full of lexus at that..... My aunt owns a 3-4 million $ grocery store... my uncle 300k+ every year...my mom makes more than enough to own 4-5 LS460's a year..... I hope someone steps up like me and forwards half of the complaints on pembroke to corporate.... I know I did!
If you feel that strongly meet with the guy, if not meet with his superior. If it can't be resolved call Lexus corp. (nevermind you did)

I can relate to feeling "inadequate" b/c of a Lexus dealerships personnel when I was younger. Since I've been 18 I've been dealing with multiple dealerships until I found one with great people who treated me based on my character and not what I look like. So let me tell you how I voted. With my $$$$$ and buying multiple cars from a competing dealership and telling everyone with ears to go THERE and not the other dealerships.

Sadly a lot of Lexus dealership personnel treats people that may not look/dress like the typical customer with an awful attitude. I'm older now though so I dress appropriately since it is a business transaction. Should it be that way? Not in utopia but we are on Earth.

Cursing is not acceptable though so not sure there is any chance to reconcile just on their part. You will have to admit some wrong too.

What is amazing is the asking price for that GS 300. We had a thread where people had concerns over how much higher dealership prices were than elsewhere.
Old 08-02-09, 10:21 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Originally Posted by ek9vboi
Completely understandable. Sucks that Lexus of Pines get the blunt of the bad due to poor customer service.

If you think you were looked down upon... I'm 24 and look like a 16 yr old boy. Not to mention... going to buy a loaded GS350, yeah. lol
wow... lol, freakin awesome! i'm looking for a loaded GS300 only =[ but i'm kinda picky because i want the glacier or just the regular white with ML/NAV lol.... and BLK/BLK is a +!

Originally Posted by arnieosp
This is what I saw. Did I miss something? Or did "why don't you go down the street to 441 and find yourself another vehicle," sound as anything equal to "you know what? FKUC YOU!"?

Anyway, have you got your Lexus yet? There's plenty of them out there. Get it someplace else, take it back to Pembroke, find that dude and tell him that it could have been him, getting the sale. Pack it up his a$$.
thanks for hte encouragement arnie! i'm working on one right now... thinking of getting it from north miami! cars are megacheap in north miami!! and yeah... i said you know what, **** you... but it was only because he chased me out of the dealership still talking me down lol.... i mean, i let go, walked off, i tried to be cool about it but it's one of those things where you get even more peeved when someone follows you out the door still yelling at you like you did something wrong.

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
If you feel that strongly meet with the guy, if not meet with his superior. If it can't be resolved call Lexus corp. (nevermind you did)

I can relate to feeling "inadequate" b/c of a Lexus dealerships personnel when I was younger. Since I've been 18 I've been dealing with multiple dealerships until I found one with great people who treated me based on my character and not what I look like. So let me tell you how I voted. With my $$$$$ and buying multiple cars from a competing dealership and telling everyone with ears to go THERE and not the other dealerships.

Sadly a lot of Lexus dealership personnel treats people that may not look/dress like the typical customer with an awful attitude. I'm older now though so I dress appropriately since it is a business transaction. Should it be that way? Not in utopia but we are on Earth.

Cursing is not acceptable though so not sure there is any chance to reconcile just on their part. You will have to admit some wrong too.

What is amazing is the asking price for that GS 300. We had a thread where people had concerns over how much higher dealership prices were than elsewhere.
I do admit my wrong on the cursing part, but for a dealership to talk down to someone who was a serious buyer really irked me... if you can, can you forward me the link to that thread? i'd like to look it over lol.... and, to be honest... i wasn't expecting $25,000 out the door.... i was expecting for the dealership guy to work with me in a middle ground... see where my best deal would be... isn't that what everyone does?
Old 08-02-09, 11:06 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Lexus of Pines and North are both under the same owner.

Its the people. lol

Good luck on your search.
Old 08-02-09, 11:54 PM
EyeKutr
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

dude I will ship you my 06 white loaded gs300 if you want it....LOL

Quick Reply: Worst Service EVER at Pembroke!