GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

No more TPMS warning light - Reset to lower Pressure

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-10, 01:14 PM
mkivever
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still can't get mine to reset...
btw, how far away do these things read?
Old 01-12-10, 02:48 PM
ning0906
Driver School Candidate

I tried to set all tires to 36.5 then reset it... ran like 7 mil, but the light still didn't turn off... do I HAVE to lower to 28 for each tires??? HELP!!!!!
Old 01-12-10, 03:18 PM
Lilly
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't forget the spare.
The following users liked this post:
Touaregman (11-15-22)
Old 01-13-10, 08:51 AM
HotShotEng
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ning0906
I tried to set all tires to 36.5 then reset it... ran like 7 mil, but the light still didn't turn off... do I HAVE to lower to 28 for each tires??? HELP!!!!!
You first must lower all four tires to the new lower set pressure. In my case I used 28 psi (PRESSURE INITIALIZATION will be reset to that new lower point) then you can re-pressurize your tires to 36.5 psi.

1. After you started the car (with the ties set at 28 psi or your reference), did you press and hold the SET button (see attachment), which is underneath the driver side dash pointing down toward the car floor (I got on my back underneath the dash to find it)?

2. Did you hold the SET button until the TPMS low pressure light (located inside the RPM cluster) blinked three times?

3. Did the Multi-information display in the cluster says PRESSURE INITIAL?

4. Did you leave the car running after that?

5. Did you keep car running (around 15 - 20 minutes) until the initialization was complete (TPMS warning light goes out) before you turned off the engine?

5. Did you wait to make sure tires were again at ambient temperature (especially if you drove the car during reset), before you re-inflated all four tires to what ever pressure you wanted (in your case 36.5 psi)?

If you failed to do/notice these things, the system will not reset. Driving 7 miles may not be enough. You must drive until the TPMS warning light goes out.

Good luck
Old 01-13-10, 06:50 PM
ning0906
Driver School Candidate

first, THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR SPENDING TIME FOR THIS!!!!!

here's wat i did, i pumped my SPARE tire to 60. then set all tires to 33, which is standard that post on my diver side door, then i press SET. the Multi-information display in the cluster says PRESSURE INITIA (but that only stay for 4 to 5 sec's) then turn back to "CHECK SYSTEM"... i did put park break, and i did drove for 15 mins. anyway i will go ahead a try u way again, if still not working, i will go back to my dealer.

BTW.... QUESTION! what kind of SPARE TIRE come in a '07 GS350 (cuz i got a "donut" types)
Old 03-20-11, 01:07 PM
mr3gs300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just wish it would also teel you which tire it is thats registering low
Old 07-01-12, 08:34 PM
jeg650
Driver School Candidate

I just tried this on my summer set up with new tpms. hopefully it keeps them reset until the tires are actually low. thanks
Old 11-07-14, 06:08 PM
SDR
Driver School Candidate

Two additional items to be aware of with regard to the TPMS:
1) The spare tire also has a sensor in it and if the spare air pressure is low, the light will illuminate.
2) There is also a switch on the passenger side that selects the Main or Alternate Tire Set pressure setting. The switch should out for the Main setting. The Alternate setting is for a second set of tires such as snow tires.
Old 11-10-14, 06:34 AM
jdmek998
Intermediate

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

Yea make sure the switch underneath the glove box wasn't tripped. I had my car detailed and it got switched by accident. I was going crazy trying reset it. but after some research figured out that switch was wrong.
Old 11-12-14, 01:10 AM
DrexLex
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HotShotEng
4. Keep car running (around 15 - 20 minutes) until the initialization is complete (TPMS warning light goes out). then turn off engine.
It's fine to take the car for a drive while waiting for the warning lights to go off.
Old 12-15-14, 01:19 PM
fredf42
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SDR
Two additional items to be aware of with regard to the TPMS:
2) There is also a switch on the passenger side that selects the Main or Alternate Tire Set pressure setting. The switch should out for the Main setting. The Alternate setting is for a second set of tires such as snow tires.
I can't find this in my RX450h.

It would be so cool!

Any one know about this setting?
Old 12-16-14, 08:37 AM
xms
Rookie

this is a great write up thx u
Old 12-22-14, 08:04 AM
SDR
Driver School Candidate

I have found that the passenger is accidentally bumping the button on the passenger side that selects the alternate setting for the tire pressure sensors. This time I found a small cap (I used one off a ChapStik tube) and taped it over the switch with a piece of plastic packing tape. The cap prevents the switch from being bumped inadvertently. This seems to be working well. I don't know if this switch is present on later RX350 models. Mine is a 2007. My 2005 ES330 does not have tire pressure sensors.

Setting the sensor to 28 PSI is a good practice if you re-inflate to 30 PSI after setting. My tires were filled with nitrogen when changed, so it means a trip to the tire store if they are in need of service. I don't know why nitrogen is used now, but suspect it is related to metal corrosion of the rims in an oxygen atmosphere. Once the inside surface of the rim is corroded, it is very difficult to get a good seal between the tire and rim. The rims need oxygen to form oxidation, so pure nitrogen would eliminate this component. If you re-fill the tires with standard air, you will introduce oxygen and oxidation can continue.
Old 06-07-15, 08:23 AM
sutton57
Driver School Candidate

Pure nitrogen is said not to expand/contract as much as the air we breathe, thus allowing us to inflate tires to running pressures without accounting for expansion due to warming. It also reduces the tendency noted in this thread for pressures to drop in cold weather.
Old 11-20-15, 01:09 PM
PVELexus
Driver School Candidate

Default Tried it but did not work

Not sure if the light blinked 3 times but I did get the Pressure Initial light but then it went back to Check System.

How long do you hold the button?

Thanks

Quick Reply: No more TPMS warning light - Reset to lower Pressure