GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Dash TSB???

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-09, 09:35 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Raptor.1
Hey man~ I don't think they did what you think they did..... LOL
I had this same procedure done several months ago and this is after several visits for rattles over the years "after they originally replaced the TSB some 4 years ago."
It’s all a conspiracy, it's a cover up~ JK
Let me ask you a serious question; go look at your dash in daylight, check right in the center of the dash all the way closest to the windshield. Does a small warp appear?
I had this same thing done, they even asked me to sign off on it and I didn't even know what I was signing off on but "IT WORKED!" Totally silent! All rattles were gone. The only thing I noticed was this new tiny warp in the dash next to the windshield dead center.
Yes I suppose this could be a TSB replacement but if it is they really must have changed it a lot.
I called my dealer right after they did this and told them "this was the fix" and they should spread the word. They actually fixed it, I was so happy!

B.
how long ago did you get the dash replaced?

this tsb came out in mid 2008.
Old 11-03-09, 06:45 AM
scrmnws6
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Dang.... I had the windshield clip replaced and the dash still rattles, unless they didn't do them. Im just really getting sick and tired of the dash rattles. I've had the car for just over 2 months now and seriously considering getting rid of it just for that reason and going BMW 5 series. Thing is, Im REALLY happy with everything else on the GS.
Old 11-03-09, 07:06 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

glad you got your dash fixed. i had mine done last november and a year later im still rattle free.
Old 11-03-09, 08:16 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by scrmnws6
Dang.... I had the windshield clip replaced and the dash still rattles, unless they didn't do them. Im just really getting sick and tired of the dash rattles. I've had the car for just over 2 months now and seriously considering getting rid of it just for that reason and going BMW 5 series. Thing is, Im REALLY happy with everything else on the GS.
sometimes I feel the same way. I love my car but have been feeling like I have had to many issue with it. Its nothing thats going to leave me stranded in a parking lot but it is something that keeps me taking the car into the dealership. I am getting a little tired
Old 11-04-09, 06:58 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
sometimes I feel the same way. I love my car but have been feeling like I have had to many issue with it. Its nothing thats going to leave me stranded in a parking lot but it is something that keeps me taking the car into the dealership. I am getting a little tired
I agree, the GS is almost like a German car, a lot of little things that need fixing.
Old 11-05-09, 11:26 AM
Bavaria
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I8ABMR,
I also live in AZ - where do you take your GS, and who is the service advisor?
Thanks
Old 01-10-10, 04:07 PM
DWNYC
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
I agree, the GS is almost like a German car, a lot of little things that need fixing.
I'm new to this forum after just trading in my 2002 BMW 330i Sport. Great car, kills he GS 350 in handling but the GS has lots more power. The BMW also has a harsher ride as a cost of riding on rails. I'm hoping it's not completely like a German car (i.e.,mechanical troubles vs. fit and finish annoyances).

Anyways, I went full circle and decided to go back to Lexus - had a 1995 ES 300 back in the day expecting that I could dump all of the nagging and often times costly fixes in my out of warranty BMW, a couple of which left me stranded. I started with Audi first but told myself I'll be in the same boat after the Audi warranty runs out. I like the A4 though. So Japanese it was but alas I discovered all of these nagging issues on these forums after I made the purchase. I just decided to walk into Lexus after Audi without doing much research going only by past experience. Was going to consider the IS but the AWD was only on the 250. Saw the GS and fell in love. Anyways, I did notice the dash creaks/ticks but the sales guy says that is a known problem and can be fixed easily...so I decided to buy despite that since it was under warranty. I'm crossing my fingers I have good luck when the car goes through their inspection tomorrow at which time I will ask them to fix the rattle.

Also noticed the louder than expected idle which some people have mentioned getting a cam gear fix. Not sure if it's an issue or just the way the GS 350 sounds but it does sound a bit like a diesel idle - not as loud though. I'm going to ask to check out a new GS 350 to see how it sounds.

Other than that, everything seems fine. Drives like a beauty otherwise, albeit not as sharp as the BMW. I love the power of the car - if only it had more of a BMW growl. I was hoping though to say goodbye to services techs...*sigh*