GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Yay! GS430!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-09, 10:46 PM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Agree with the Visor.. hahaha looks stupid. What's the purpose of the visor anyway?

what do U like most about it?
Old 08-22-09, 11:06 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

visor is teh ultimate gay i admit, but hey, a small price to pay for such a nice car =]

i love the 430 part of the car the most and the fact that i get attention almost everywhere i go hahahaha.... i'm not feeling the rims too much so i may change pretty soon (depending on how my funds go for the year) i guess the visor's purpose (which was also on my acura legend) is to shade you while you drive+help suck out air when it's hot or when you fart+keeps rain out when you're driving and need to let some air out.... I'm gonna keep it until i can find a somewhat more FLUSH looking sun visor... cuz this one's ultimately the gay.... but at the same time i'm not allowed to touch anything on the car (if i replace it, no one will notice)
Old 08-23-09, 01:04 AM
1STLXS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Love the car but that visor reminds me of a taxi cab or police are "out of service" cover, lol.
Old 08-23-09, 07:35 AM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It doesn't cost you to remove it does it? Removing it add much more beauty to the car. And for the air, just turn on the fan if U go fast. And I believe the visor also create drag.

Here's mine.
Old 08-23-09, 08:27 AM
drpepper
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
visor is teh ultimate gay i admit, but hey, a small price to pay for such a nice car =]

i love the 430 part of the car the most and the fact that i get attention almost everywhere i go hahahaha.... i'm not feeling the rims too much so i may change pretty soon (depending on how my funds go for the year) i guess the visor's purpose (which was also on my acura legend) is to shade you while you drive+help suck out air when it's hot or when you fart+keeps rain out when you're driving and need to let some air out.... I'm gonna keep it until i can find a somewhat more FLUSH looking sun visor...
Different strokes I guess, but any add-on visor detracts IMO...

If it's hot, turn on the AC. That was a ~$60K (when new) car. 4-60 air cooling doesn't cut it.

If you need shade, close the sunroof. How is thinking "Hmm...I'd like some shade" a prelude to opening the sunroof?

If it's raining, close the sunroof. The Sun isn't out anyway.

With the active ventilated seats, farts will get trapped and die in a loop between the cheeks and the fan on the other side of the cushion.
Old 08-23-09, 08:38 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

congrats on the new purchase:thumup: Big fan of the GSpyder on the GS
Old 08-23-09, 09:06 AM
tunedis95
Pole Position

looks nice!!!!....some ***** bag cut me off yesterday...so i went to pass him and this fool gunned it....It was some newer Volkswagen sedan with a guy driving....well i gunned it too and just pulled and pulled and pulled on him....he was very mad that i got in front and went on to minding my own business....its got some power for being a big heavy car...lol.....its no c63 AMG ...but it gets the job done..you will find out.....take care of her!!!
Old 08-23-09, 11:30 AM
scorpio74
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats! Welcome to gs430 club. V8 rules. Agree with Twong, lose that sun visor.
Old 08-23-09, 11:36 AM
TWong350

Originally Posted by passnu2
Agree with Mike. Love them on a GS. I love my Tourmalines too but wouldn't mind a set of spyders too. =)
Old 08-23-09, 12:20 PM
LexFather

Congrats on the GS!
Old 08-23-09, 05:00 PM
VIS250P
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TWong1200
Oh...lose that sunroof visor. Ruins the whole car.
Tue that and those are for old people use them on the car lol!!!
Old 08-23-09, 08:03 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Originally Posted by 1STLXS
Love the car but that visor reminds me of a taxi cab or police are "out of service" cover, lol.
lol!.... for some reason i just like'em..... i guess in a few weeks i'll decide whether to get a new one or not =]

Originally Posted by worker
It doesn't cost you to remove it does it? Removing it add much more beauty to the car. And for the air, just turn on the fan if U go fast. And I believe the visor also create drag.

Here's mine.
yeah.... doesn't cost a thing but i often used teh sun visor on my legend, so i figured i'd be using this one a lot (past 2-3 days it's been soo damn comfortable i haven't touched windows/sunroof AT ALL).

Originally Posted by drpepper
Different strokes I guess, but any add-on visor detracts IMO...

If it's hot, turn on the AC. That was a ~$60K (when new) car. 4-60 air cooling doesn't cut it.

If you need shade, close the sunroof. How is thinking "Hmm...I'd like some shade" a prelude to opening the sunroof?

If it's raining, close the sunroof. The Sun isn't out anyway.

With the active ventilated seats, farts will get trapped and die in a loop between the cheeks and the fan on the other side of the cushion.
Originally Posted by passnu2
thank you =] and yeah... i have a weird taste i guess lol, we'll see what happens when i'm done with the car hahaha

Originally Posted by tunedis95
looks nice!!!!....some ***** bag cut me off yesterday...so i went to pass him and this fool gunned it....It was some newer Volkswagen sedan with a guy driving....well i gunned it too and just pulled and pulled and pulled on him....he was very mad that i got in front and went on to minding my own business....its got some power for being a big heavy car...lol.....its no c63 AMG ...but it gets the job done..you will find out.....take care of her!!!
yeah, it does take you off pretty nicely =] i had a turbo miata so i've been down that road before.... no TQ like a C63, but it sure as hell hauled assss

Originally Posted by scorpio74
Congrats! Welcome to gs430 club. V8 rules. Agree with Twong, lose that sun visor.
thank you thank you =] i'll soon be gettin work on it (rims are gonna be repaired since there's scratches, lexus is covering it lol.... and my CD player broke 2nd day so i'm probably getting one replaced)

Originally Posted by TWong1200
Agree with Mike. Love them on a GS. I love my Tourmalines too but wouldn't mind a set of spyders too. =)
I don't know what the Tourmalines are, but if they're the 5-spoke, i'm in love with'em too.... i'm looking to get the 5-spoke GS wheels also!

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Congrats on the GS!
thanks buddy! =] glad i joined the club

Originally Posted by VIS250P
Tue that and those are for old people use them on the car lol!!!
lol.... old people using sun visors? never seen it before haha
Old 08-23-09, 08:06 PM
TWong350

Here are the Tourmalines.

Old 08-23-09, 08:43 PM
XxGoKoUxX

nice wheels!

i think i'm going asanti for my rims though lol, for some reason i just love'em =]
Old 08-24-09, 06:40 AM
scorpio74
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

There's a member here has his asanti rims and they look hot. Go for it if you got the $$$.

Quick Reply: Yay! GS430!!!