GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Tyre noise issue gs300-2007

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-09, 01:19 PM
daudbros
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tyre noise issue gs300-2007

I am really crying....Done 25k so far since I purchased it....
But noise from the front driver's side is so loud between 80km/hr upto 120km/hr can not tolerate any more.
Took it to dealer they said it has sports tyres version and its normal...

Can some one enlighten me to find out facts...

FYI, Break pads were replaced and disc were surfaced only after this job by the dealer I noticed this sound but the dealer refused to accept it ANY PROBLEMS...

Please let me know which directly to take in this case...?? Much appreciated
Old 09-16-09, 01:49 PM
07350FROST
Lead Lap

its gotta be the tires. im not sure what kind of tires they put on non-USA version cars but its not much else it could be??!??!

since the car is still under warranty (i assume it is with 25K) have the dealer check your alignment and see if its good. then have them rotate the tires and see if you still think the drivers side front is the worst. you may just think its the worst cuz thats what side your on. also, have a buddy drive your car, sit in the other seats and listen.

you may have to fork out the money and buy a new set of tires.
Old 09-16-09, 03:10 PM
daudbros
Rookie

Originally Posted by 07350FROST
its gotta be the tires. im not sure what kind of tires they put on non-USA version cars but its not much else it could be??!??!

since the car is still under warranty (i assume it is with 25K) have the dealer check your alignment and see if its good. then have them rotate the tires and see if you still think the drivers side front is the worst. you may just think its the worst cuz thats what side your on. also, have a buddy drive your car, sit in the other seats and listen.

you may have to fork out the money and buy a new set of tires.
Sir, many thanks for your kind suggestion dealer told me it came with support version tyres and they do make noise as you rightly suggested please let me know best possible replacement that I should go for..!!!
Old 09-16-09, 05:37 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Please state what brand tires you have on and what size wheels you have then I can suggest some better tires that are so quiet and yet sporty and you will be blown away. My choice is always Michelin Pilots Sports A/S, or Michelin Exaltos A/S tires.
Old 09-16-09, 06:02 PM
07350FROST
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by daudbros
Sir, many thanks for your kind suggestion dealer told me it came with support version tyres and they do make noise as you rightly suggested please let me know best possible replacement that I should go for..!!!
there are so many options when buying a set of tires. how much do you want to spend? what size tires do you need? where you live and how you drive also has a lot to do with what tire you should get? there is too many unknown variables for someone to advise you on what tire to get.

if you have factory size wheels and just want a tire that is quiet, there are a bunch of tires to choose from, depending on your budget.

i really think you should have the dealer do an alignment on your car to see if everything checks out good. when a tire does not wear correctly, it tends to make a lot of noise.
Old 09-17-09, 02:38 PM
daudbros
Rookie

Originally Posted by 07350FROST
there are so many options when buying a set of tires. how much do you want to spend? what size tires do you need? where you live and how you drive also has a lot to do with what tire you should get? there is too many unknown variables for someone to advise you on what tire to get.

if you have factory size wheels and just want a tire that is quiet, there are a bunch of tires to choose from, depending on your budget.

i really think you should have the dealer do an alignment on your car to see if everything checks out good. when a tire does not wear correctly, it tends to make a lot of noise.
My Apologize I was not able to use internet today..just read your message. My driving habbits are pretty straight forward I am 52 years old man I hardly drive above 130km maximum distance I cover in one strech is 500km i.e., drive from Dubai to Muscat.
Wheel are original no modifications done on my car what so ever imagine in two years I drove this car 25K since I normall stay in Dubai a week per month.

I spoke to my dealer today he is ready to do the alignment thing plus he has some spare low noise tyres they said before you spend money we will try them on and if it helps fine I will replace them with new ones.

I would again appreciate your reccomendations we have most of the brands in Dubai available.

Please accept my personal regards
Old 09-17-09, 03:24 PM
twylie
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

when I was shopping for a used GS, I was about ready to look at another vehicle as the first 4 I drove had run-flat tires that were noisy and ruined the "Lexus quiet" experience. Once I found a car that had traditional touring tires, I was happy to realize it was the tires and not the car. I have Michelin Pilot Sport A/S on my car now and they are very quiet and have excellent performance for your described useage.
Old 09-17-09, 04:04 PM
daudbros
Rookie

Assuming everyone agrees to replace the original which came withthe car with Michelin Pilot support A/S..let me know if any one disagrees within one(1) week time from today(one week holidays) regards

Last edited by daudbros; 09-17-09 at 04:05 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 09-18-09, 08:21 AM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Daudbros,

I also drive occasionally from Dubai to Abu Dhabi when I am in Dubai every few years visiting relatives. I am from Michigan and I have families living in England all the way to India. I have seen some GS sedans with the 18 inch rims and they have some of the worst tires on them (dunlops, etc). You will definitely be happy if you had some Michelin Brand tires on them. Since you live in Dubai where it is warm, I wouldn't just look at the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S (all season tires for snow and rain), but I would look at the michelin pilot PS2( A fantastic summer tires for hot hot weather and rain and desert). Go to

www.tirerack.com to look at certain selections of tires that can be available for your car. I know this company is only base for US market but I have my relatives use this to get an idea how good are the tires they are getting and the reviews and comments about them as well as their rankings in comparision to other tires. That way they can go to their dealership with more knowledge and can suggest or request the proper tires.
Old 09-18-09, 08:34 AM
daudbros
Rookie

Much appreciated your feedback and advice. please do give me a call next time you are in and around Dubai my cell# 050 5505 980....Once I replace will let you know what was the result if it helped reducing tire noise..Bless you
Old 09-18-09, 08:46 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

yea if the car has run flats on it, im pretty positive thats the noise your hearing. a lot of people complain about the noise those tires make.
Old 09-18-09, 08:55 AM
daudbros
Rookie

Never ran on flat tires till this date....but not happy with the noise they are making in my ears...
Old 09-18-09, 01:39 PM
scorpio74
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I have Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus on my gs430 and they're fantastic. A lil rough when I'm in sport mode but in normal mode, it runs really fine.
Old 09-18-09, 01:43 PM
daudbros
Rookie

Hmmm......I am throwing weight behind Michelin now....I guess every one is of the same opinion......let us see once I replace them
Old 09-19-09, 08:06 AM
noncom23
Lead Lap

Changed my Advans out for Mich Primacys. MUCH quieter. Nicer ride. A little less cornering agility, but well worth the cost!

Quick Reply: Tyre noise issue gs300-2007