GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Carson tuned lip kit roll call .

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-09, 08:58 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

ty triniGS, I LOVE YOU LONG TIME
Old 10-29-09, 09:17 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by TriniGS
When I receive my front lip it would be up for sale but I would have to include the price I paid for shipping. Therefore it would be more than 75 bucks. I would not be making a profit off the sale but technically it would be more than what Carson sold it for, if my buyer is not local (GA). Hopefully the mods do not remove it.

My assumption would be, providing if the kit or pieces are sold at a reasonable price from cost, the mods would not remove it.

This would really suck for some who paid 1100 and now want to sell their kit, they would pratically be giving away their kit.

Then again there is always e-bay or craigslist

Price gouging
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Price gouging is a term for a seller pricing much higher than is considered reasonable or fair.
that's correct. we all know the prices that carson put up recently, and most of us already know who have the kit already and who just purchased. if you purchase the kit with the discounted price, it's ok if you sell the kit to cover your cost or at a reasonable price. but if you are trying to make a profit by selling at a much higher price we will not allow that per forum rules. thanks for understanding

and also, all FS or WTB posts please put them up in the classified. i have already moved a few posts there. any potential price gouging posts are removed, and if you want to sell, please post in the classified and a price

thanks
Old 10-30-09, 08:38 PM
greyhndfan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got my kit today. but probably can't install it till Thanksgiving. body shop said they might need car for 3-5 days to install. I can't string those days together w/o any secondary transportation. Will need to do it over the Thanksgiving holidays when wifey is out on school break.
Old 10-30-09, 08:53 PM
THE.K.W.C
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by greyhndfan
Got my kit today. but probably can't install it till Thanksgiving. body shop said they might need car for 3-5 days to install. I can't string those days together w/o any secondary transportation. Will need to do it over the Thanksgiving holidays when wifey is out on school break.
good old middle school breaks eh? ....lol
Old 10-30-09, 09:59 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Originally Posted by greyhndfan
LOLOL!!!! i won't have mine's installed until xmas (unless i can come up with the money on my b-day which is on black friday, i'd rather have my lip painted than some cheap electronics this yr hahahaha)

Originally Posted by -the.k.w.c
good old middle school breaks eh? ....lol
lol... i'm in the same boat as him too! hahahahaha as soon as my car goes in the shop, it's my fiance that i'll depend on for a week or two for transportation =[
Old 10-31-09, 12:41 AM
maying856
Lexus Test Driver

You guys can honestly install the kit yourself and save lots of money. Its THE EASIEST kit ive ever installed in all my years of modifying cars. They fit like a glove, all you guys need is a power drill, all the screws come supplied from Carson. Takes about 30 minutes.....no joke. Matter of fact the front lip and rear lip fit so tightly that you wont even need screws to hold it in place.
Old 10-31-09, 04:13 AM
XxGoKoUxX

i think painting it is the main issue for most of us lol
Old 10-31-09, 07:15 AM
telmz1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

color matching my crystal white pearl and paint prices are my main concern. I went to a couple shops and they wanted over $1100 to do it. With the holidays and such coming, I don't feel like spending the money until next year.
Old 10-31-09, 08:00 AM
comeonnow
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone live in the san gabriel area and would like to get rid of it let me know.
Old 10-31-09, 08:30 AM
maying856
Lexus Test Driver

Yea, im curious to see how the kit looks on a white car....im crossing my fingers for you
Old 10-31-09, 09:07 AM
THE.K.W.C
Pole Position

ill be doing the install my self. im just trying to find a front lip so i cant get it painted all at once. I think the best thing to do is to just bring the parts you want painted to the shop and when there done bring them home and put them on the car.
Old 10-31-09, 09:46 AM
vuiskool
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

If soemone can color match a starfire pearl, please let me know!!
Old 10-31-09, 11:33 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Originally Posted by -the.k.w.c
ill be doing the install my self. im just trying to find a front lip so i cant get it painted all at once. I think the best thing to do is to just bring the parts you want painted to the shop and when there done bring them home and put them on the car.
lol, i doubt they charge much for putting it on, the shop i got estimated didn't even charge me to put it on *shrugs*

Originally Posted by vuiskool
If soemone can color match a starfire pearl, please let me know!!
if you're in the orlando area, i heard a shop called a-class auto body does a great job on pearl paint jobs, from what i've seen, they took a G35 and touched up the pearl paint job that he painted ferarri yellow, this was from out of state too!
Old 10-31-09, 06:42 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Anyone wanna try painting it themselves. I used to paint years ago and it's not as hard as people think. The power sprayers they have these days make it kinda easy.
The hardest part is keeping it in a dust-free place in between coats.
Old 10-31-09, 08:42 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I want to see more pics of the kit. I think the price is really amazing. I just don't like the strange opening in the rear bumper lip

Quick Reply: Carson tuned lip kit roll call .