GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Carson tuned lip kit roll call .

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-09, 09:52 PM
myGSsoWET
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just received my kit today..... so what's your plans on the rear lip? it doesn't look that bad, somebody should do a photoshop anyways how much do you guys think it would cost to paint the kit?
Old 11-03-09, 10:16 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

i wanted to keep this exclusive, but meh, what the hell... i'm currently looking for LS460 rear diffusers =[ and i'm also going to mesh the rear hole because i dont like it, and i'm going to cut it in a way so that it looks more cleaner, because i dont think i like the shape of that
Old 11-03-09, 10:23 PM
greyhndfan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
i wanted to keep this exclusive, but meh, what the hell... i'm currently looking for LS460 rear diffusers =[ and i'm also going to mesh the rear hole because i dont like it, and i'm going to cut it in a way so that it looks more cleaner, because i dont think i like the shape of that
hey..that's my idea.. J/K..sounds interesting.
Old 11-04-09, 12:27 AM
XxGoKoUxX

lol... i'll have pics when it's done, might not be soon but it WILL be done =] i have soo many plans but never have time to leave the vehicle in the shop
Old 11-05-09, 12:58 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

If there is a solution to altering the rear lip I would be game for this kit. As I always state my main concern is the color match. I can always tell there is a difference in the hue of the color of the painted parts vs the stock body color
Old 11-05-09, 01:02 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

4 pages and not a single pic.. u guys fail
Old 11-05-09, 01:10 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

here are some pics
Attached Thumbnails Carson tuned lip kit roll call .-4-8.jpg   Carson tuned lip kit roll call .-5-7.jpg   Carson tuned lip kit roll call .-1-8.jpg  
Old 11-05-09, 01:52 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
If there is a solution to altering the rear lip I would be game for this kit. As I always state my main concern is the color match. I can always tell there is a difference in the hue of the color of the painted parts vs the stock body color
theres always going to be a slight color difference on bumpers vs the rest of the car. even on new cars. paint of urethane and metal turn out slightly different.
Old 11-05-09, 02:31 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
theres always going to be a slight color difference on bumpers vs the rest of the car. even on new cars. paint of urethane and metal turn out slightly different.
point right on
Old 11-05-09, 05:39 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
point right on
x3 Nothing will truly match, even if its sprayed on all at once. So if you thinking buying and "OEM" Lexus kit is going to match, your mistaking.
Old 11-05-09, 08:03 PM
XxGoKoUxX

can anyone photochop the LS460 rear diffusers w/ that rear carsontuned lip?
Old 11-05-09, 09:04 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I can see no discreprancy in the color between the body and bumpers on my car. Lexus will do a better job than any body shop. plus the bottom line is that the paint from Lexus was all mixed at the same time. This is why I keep avoiding making the commitment to getting a kit. I know I will not be happy with the color match and I know everyone will just tell me to live with it and that its normal
Old 11-05-09, 09:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

I can see no discreprancy in the color between the body and bumpers on my car.
that means you don't have good enough of an eye. there are colors that hide better (dark colors like black, deep blue), and there are colors that show more easily (pearl white, light blue).

Lexus will do a better job than any body shop.
i don't see how that can be true, it's just paint. it's about how good the person is mixing paint, not the company

plus the bottom line is that the paint from Lexus was all mixed at the same time.
so you are still not getting what IXI187IXI and ek9vboi are saying. mixing the paint together so what. putting the same paint on metal and plastic and you will always get different color finish. it's a known fact. any good body shop will tell you that straight up

in fact my GOOD body shop, they actually mixed two batches of paint, one for the metal and one for the bumper so in the end the bumper matches much better to the rest of the car

now that's good, skilled, knowledgeable body shop owner
Old 11-06-09, 04:47 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

i have to agree with henry on this one. i know what your saying but trust me, it does not come out the same. go to a lexus dealer and ask them, you'll get the same answer. my buddy works at a high end auto body shop that does top notch work and they all say the same thing.

if the the paint is still coming from the same batch it still reacts differently to metal/plastic/urethane/fiberglass etc.... its much more noticible on lighter color cars then it is darker cars.
Old 11-06-09, 06:41 PM
yogregb
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
that means you don't have good enough of an eye. there are colors that hide better (dark colors like black, deep blue), and there are colors that show more easily (pearl white, light blue).

in fact my GOOD body shop, they actually mixed two batches of paint, one for the metal and one for the bumper so in the end the bumper matches much better to the rest of the car

now that's good, skilled, knowledgeable body shop owner
Is that body shop in oc florida? or so cal?? Looking for a good painter

Quick Reply: Carson tuned lip kit roll call .