GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Bluetooth Music Streaming?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-10, 08:01 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like this thread keep it coming guys.
Old 06-23-10, 02:13 PM
smilepak
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did anyone ever confirmed the 2010 GS support A2DP Bluetooth?
Old 06-29-10, 12:04 AM
Serggus
Driver School Candidate

Talking A2dp

Originally Posted by CAK 500
I noticed that Lexus has included the ability to stream music via bluetooth in the 2010 GS.

I would love this feature in my '07 GS350. With bluetooth capability already there, it seems like it would be possible to modify it to accept music, no? Anyone know of a way to do this?
I got me-self an iPhone 4.0 and pretty much got down to the best Music/Audio device for me.

I've done some extensive research on this topic and I can say that both VAIS, DICE and Scosche are products that can get you there. Question is at what price and quality.

VAIS is mainly used with wired connection and have great products, they have great wired audio digital quality and ports the songs/playlist into the NAV screen with a limitation of ~999 songs. I would say how they differ from three companies I mentioned is it plays Video on Nav screen.

Dice however doesn't do video, but does Bluetooth audio (A2DP) as well as digital high quality USB - (iPod, flash, HD) It also has additional AUX input and Satellite Sirrus input. It too ports songs/playlist into the NAV screen. Model MB1500-Toyota (that has Bluetooth option) comes out in few days from the manufacturer and now is in pre-order state.

Scosche is ok, has an ok wired connection and not so ok A2DP bluetooth connection, as it caries over a lot of distortion and could be solved by using their BT iPhone dongle which uses it's own BT transmitter. Unfortunately you can't charge the phone while playing A2DP at the same time.

I'm currently in testing phase of all three of these products on my 2007 Lexus GS450h.

Ping me if you have any questions.

Last edited by Serggus; 06-29-10 at 10:41 AM.
Old 06-29-10, 05:35 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Serggus
I got me-self an iPhone 4.0 and pretty much got down to the best Music/Audio device for me.

I've done some extensive research on this topic and I can say that both VAIS, DICE and Scosche are products that can get you there. Question is at what price and quality.

VAIS is mainly used with wired connection and is a great product, has great wired audio digital quality and ports the songs/playlist into the NAV screen with a limitation of ~999 songs. I would say how they differ from three companies I mentioned is it plays Video on Nav screen.

Dice however doesn't do video, but does Bluetooth audio (A2DP) as well as digital high quality USB - (iPod, flash, HD) It also has additional AUX input and Satellite Sirrus input. It too ports songs/playlist into the NAV screen. Model MB1500-Toyota (that has Bluetooth option) comes out in few days from the manufacturer and now is in pre-order state.

Scosche is ok, has an ok wired connection and not so ok A2DP bluetooth connection, as it caries over a lot of distortion and could be solved by using their BT iPhone dongle which uses it's own BT transmitter. Unfortunately you can't charge the phone while playing A2DP at the same time.

I'm currently in testing phase of all three of these products on my 2007 Lexus GS450h.

Ping me if you have any questions.
The Vaistech VML does not do video. See second row on the vais product comparison chart. You will see it does not do video.
http://www.vaistech.com/products/product_comparison.php

The absence of the video feature in the VML is also noted in this review by a fellow forum member who has the VML.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...-feedback.html

This is why I favor Dice.
Advantage of Dice is Bluetooth A2DP option
Advantage of VML is it has a hard drive option

Personally I don't care for the hard drive option since both have USB ports.

The other thing you should look out for is ease of placement. Others here have commented that the VML is quite large due to its hard drive enclosure it's hard to find a suitable place to mount it. Would be curious to get your take on the relative size of the devices and what that means in terms of mounting options.

Last edited by *Batman*; 06-29-10 at 05:41 AM.
Old 06-29-10, 10:14 AM
Serggus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TWong1200
I do not believe that's true. You would not be able to control on the screen. A2DP is just that, streaming the music, I believe. You'd still need to initiate via the phone.
It's true!
Check out DICE, it's possible, yes it's limited, but possible.
Old 06-29-10, 10:17 AM
Serggus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by batman75
The Vaistech VML does not do video. See second row on the vais product comparison chart. You will see it does not do video.
http://www.vaistech.com/products/product_comparison.php

The absence of the video feature in the VML is also noted in this review by a fellow forum member who has the VML.

This is why I favor Dice.
Advantage of Dice is Bluetooth A2DP option
Advantage of VML is it has a hard drive option

Personally I don't care for the hard drive option since both have USB ports.

The other thing you should look out for is ease of placement. Others here have commented that the VML is quite large due to its hard drive enclosure it's hard to find a suitable place to mount it. Would be curious to get your take on the relative size of the devices and what that means in terms of mounting options.
Yeaaaahhhh, this was in reguards to the Company VIAS vs other companies - DICE and Scosche. I'm not talking about individual products here... And yes VIAS has different products that do different things

Last edited by Serggus; 06-29-10 at 10:40 AM.
Old 06-29-10, 04:41 PM
Serggus
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CAK 500
I noticed that Lexus has included the ability to stream music via bluetooth in the 2010 GS.

I would love this feature in my '07 GS350. With bluetooth capability already there, it seems like it would be possible to modify it to accept music, no? Anyone know of a way to do this?

It is posible and in multiple different ways, details on this thread:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...tly-to-ml.html
Old 06-29-10, 08:00 PM
NAK
Rookie

Advantages of VML:

First and most important for me - sound quality. Sound quality is unbelievable!
I think this is a main reason why you pay extra money.

Second - FLAC format support.

Third it has an internal IDE hard drive option, which much faster when any external USB drives, plus it is your permanent music library in your car, regardless of your iPhone, iPod and USB drive.

As far as bluetooth functionality - it is a need feature, but I strongly believe that you can not get real sound quality from 30..50$ bluetooth module!
I have my own experience with 2010 RX350 and sound quality not even close to wired connection (I am talking about my VML).
Old 06-29-10, 10:36 PM
Serggus
Driver School Candidate

Exclamation

Originally Posted by mysteryan
FYI bluetooth fidelity isn't all that great...
Wouldn't agree with that
It all depends what A2DP settings you are transmitting and recieving with.
Also quality of the devices and it's components matter a great deal!

This is a digital feed, so ether it plays at the given quality on not play at all.

Last edited by Serggus; 06-30-10 at 12:10 AM.
Old 07-20-10, 01:55 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Serggus - Have you installed your Dice Mediabridge yet?
Old 07-20-10, 03:35 PM
ASILVER
Driver

mine will be here on thursday I called Dice for some answers:

1: if you connect bluetooth, you will lose the phonebook in the car for bluetooth calling, you will also lose the factory steering wheel controls for answer and hang up BUT they are replaced with the audio controls...for example, fast forward on the steering wheel is now answer, and rewind is hang up

2: he couldn't confirm 100% if it will charge your phone while hooked up via usb.

3: the usb on the media bridge can only be hooked up to one item BUT the mediabridge can be hooked up to 2 or 3 items and when you access the sat /am button it will allow you to select which input by using the track forward / rewind button.
Old 07-20-10, 05:47 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ASILVER
mine will be here on thursday I called Dice for some answers:

1: if you connect bluetooth, you will lose the phonebook in the car for bluetooth calling, you will also lose the factory steering wheel controls for answer and hang up BUT they are replaced with the audio controls...for example, fast forward on the steering wheel is now answer, and rewind is hang up

2: he couldn't confirm 100% if it will charge your phone while hooked up via usb.

3: the usb on the media bridge can only be hooked up to one item BUT the mediabridge can be hooked up to 2 or 3 items and when you access the sat /am button it will allow you to select which input by using the track forward / rewind button.
Do you have to hook it to the sat input? I have factory satellite radio so I would not be able to connect it to the sat input.
Old 07-20-10, 05:56 PM
ASILVER
Driver

the ebay listing from the seller I purchased from says

If kit is used in SAT mode, factory satellite must be disconnected.
Old 07-26-10, 02:57 PM
j0emama
Pole Position

So what was the final verdict on this? It can't be done... factory?
Old 07-26-10, 03:24 PM
ASILVER
Driver

mine works just fine....07 gs 350 no sat no nav no ml...

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Music Streaming?