GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Has your Lexus changed your driving style ????

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-09, 01:46 PM
LexFather

I haven't lost to a G35 in the old 400/the 430 and the 450h....guess it depends on the driver

The split nature of the GS is appealing. Sometimes I drive like granny, in electric mode, sneaking up on people , sometimes cruise around.

Other times the car drives amazingly well at speed and I love the "That is one fast Lexus" or "thats a hybrid" comment.

Though to the guy with the Viper, the GS must be one slow comfy car Got pics? I love the Viper!
Old 12-01-09, 02:37 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I haven't lost to a G35 in the old 400/the 430 and the 450h....guess it depends on the driver

The split nature of the GS is appealing. Sometimes I drive like granny, in electric mode, sneaking up on people , sometimes cruise around.

Other times the car drives amazingly well at speed and I love the "That is one fast Lexus" or "thats a hybrid" comment.

Though to the guy with the Viper, the GS must be one slow comfy car Got pics? I love the Viper!
Hey mike I was dusted by a V8 3GS in my Infiniti off the line at a light but I will tell you with much certainty that the G35 will beat the GS on a track. I think you know the same. The added weight of the car( and the G35 is no feather weight) will tear the brakes up and kill the tires faster. That would be a great battle. I will call Best Motoring in Japan and see if they want to do a segment on the old models
Old 12-01-09, 04:52 PM
dmjay
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As everyone stated, I too have slow downed my driving habits. I love the refinement and so do my passengers. This is my first car that doesnt seem like its about to blow up hahaah.

on a side note, I will be turning to the darkside as well. Something about the new 5 series with the V8TT appeals to me ;]
Old 12-01-09, 05:10 PM
hughh
Pole Position

Yeah...I had to get rid of my BMW 330 because of my wife. She kept telling me she was sick and tired of her head going one way and her rear the other way! The Bimmer is one of those cars that inspires hard cornering at every opportunity. The steering, brakes, handling...it's intoxicating. The GS 350 while having better straight line acceleration just don't cut it for me as a sports sedan. This is my wife's car. As for me, well...my wife took away my F1 wanna-be driver's license. I guess it's best for both of us. Since I got the Lexus my blood pressure has really gone down and now I am on only one medication, instead of three and my wife has finally stopped nagging me! That's what happens when you get past the joyful 70's!
Old 12-01-09, 05:56 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Its good to know that time doesnt erase the need for speed.
Old 12-01-09, 06:15 PM
chauss
Driver

Here you go!
Wish I could afford the LF-A...that is going to be one HOT car!!!
Attached Thumbnails Has your Lexus changed your driving style ????-dsc00001.jpg   Has your Lexus changed your driving style ????-dsc00002.jpg   Has your Lexus changed your driving style ????-dsc00003.jpg   Has your Lexus changed your driving style ????-dsc00004.jpg   Has your Lexus changed your driving style ????-dsc00014.jpg  

Old 12-01-09, 06:18 PM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

Nay, if it ain't broken don't fix it !!!

As long as you are not putting other people in danger!!!
Old 12-01-09, 06:21 PM
chauss
Driver

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Its good to know that time doesnt erase the need for speed.
Hey!
Wait a minute- I am not that OLD.......YET! lol

I really liked the LS430/460 when I bought my GS....but it was still just a bit too sedate for my driving taste coming from a CL500 Benz.... A few more years in the GS and I may be ready to slow down some more and go for the LS.
Old 12-01-09, 06:31 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by chauss
Hey!
Wait a minute- I am not that OLD.......YET! lol

I really liked the LS430/460 when I bought my GS....but it was still just a bit too sedate for my driving taste coming from a CL500 Benz.... A few more years in the GS and I may be ready to slow down some more and go for the LS.
that's one of the biggest reasons why i sold my ls460l. so disconnected
Old 12-01-09, 06:37 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My GS460 has changed my driving style relative to my BMW 330ci but it hasn't toned it down. I drive faster on highways. I think I drive as aggressively with the result that my mileage is typically 11-13mpg (was 15 in the BMW). I don't think I redline the engine as much, but mainly because with the incredible power of the V8 I don't need to.
Old 12-01-09, 06:41 PM
chauss
Driver

rominl-
Yes- But the luxury abounds!
~That is the part I REALLY liked about the LS.- They got that right!
Wish there was a bit more luxury inside the GS....

You are quite right on the "disconnected" feeling- that is exactly why I passed on the LS. I am sure that one day they will get the luxury / sport combination just right. I imagine they are learning a by lot building the LF-A.
Old 12-01-09, 08:18 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

About the same.
Old 12-01-09, 08:33 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Its the steering that decreases the sporty driving feel of the car for me. Well that and the silent cabin and the insulated feeling from the road. As a luxury car it does its job well though.

Just think of all of the money I will save from not getting tickets and having my insurance jacked up
Old 12-01-09, 10:04 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

rominl-
Yes- But the luxury abounds!
~That is the part I REALLY liked about the LS.- They got that right!
Wish there was a bit more luxury inside the GS....

You are quite right on the "disconnected" feeling- that is exactly why I passed on the LS. I am sure that one day they will get the luxury / sport combination just right. I imagine they are learning a by lot building the LF-A.
absolutely. we got the ls460l and gs350 2 months apart, and after 6 months i just felt like driving a boat every time i got into the ls460l. it's an amazing car, amazing luxury level, but i guess i am still young to enjoy some driving feel -- i love my m3 now

on the other hand i think my gs is a good compromise. it's quite a bit more sporty than the ls, more feel, more nimble, but at the same time reasonably luxurious
Old 12-01-09, 10:15 PM
LexFather

Here you go!
Wish I could afford the LF-A...that is going to be one HOT car!!!
Sick!!

Quick Reply: Has your Lexus changed your driving style ????