GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Has your Lexus changed your driving style ????

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-09, 01:51 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

totally toned down... i don't try to race vipers (^.-) corvettes and camaro's anymore
Old 12-02-09, 07:03 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

I guess you guys are a victim of your environment I really like the Lexus ride too, but they have got ot work on their handling a bit. Some steering feedback would be nice and for god sake, get rid of the rattles.
Old 12-02-09, 09:19 AM
RooRa
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I was noticing today how easy I take it when I drive my GS. When I had my g35 I was constantly racing the car, doing track days, and tapping the rev limiter. I have even had multiple criminal speeding tickets in my G35. Once I got my GS I have toned it down a huge amount. I am always cruising. I never race anyone and I dont drive it like I was trying to break it. The car inspires you to drive more relaxed with its smooth ride and silent cabin. All I want to do is throw on down tempo grooves and cruise. I feel like an old man but loving it.

Has your Lexus changed your driving style???

PS its gotta Lexus thats calmed down because I was racing a dude in volvo while I was driving an Acura RDX loaner from the dealership yesterday.
exactly the same for me, i came from a 03 g35 coupe and was wreckless, now i feel like a grandpa. once in a while i put the ect on power until i hit 70, then back to grand pa style
Old 12-02-09, 09:59 AM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

I feel like I still drive pretty much the same......on local I do not really push it that hard. But when I am driving Highway that is a totally different story.......
Old 12-02-09, 10:44 AM
BKE420
Lead Lap

coming from 2 4-Runners in a row....driving slow...moreso now with my wheels on especially city driving....highway, like kyang91..different story...:-)
Old 12-02-09, 04:30 PM
patricksr5
Pole Position

I use to drive slow and it was a very nice ride but now with the mods I have done the car in a lot more fun to drive. It is not an M3 or an S5 by any means but it is a lot more fun to drive than a stock GS350.

Last edited by patricksr5; 12-07-09 at 11:12 AM.
Old 12-02-09, 06:12 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by RooRa
exactly the same for me, i came from a 03 g35 coupe and was wreckless, now i feel like a grandpa. once in a while i put the ect on power until i hit 70, then back to grand pa style
cool. So I am not the only one. I think the crazy driving in the G35 came from me trying to hear that fully tuned intake and exhaust ( full carbon fiber intake, larger intake plenum, headers, high flow cats, Borla dual exhaust system, and a full Technosquare custom ECU tune .No mail in ECU retune BS. I drove to LA from AZ to have it done)). The VQ sounds like a monster when tuned. I used to take an exit everyday that allowed me drive through a tunnel. I used to take off down that tunnel shifting 1st through 3rd gear at deep into redline ( ECU retune allowed me an extra 400 rpm).The sound was so hardcore and so exhilarating . I miss hearing the sound but I don't miss the droning the cabin and resonation that would actually make the plastic piece over the B pillar inside the car rattle.That was pretty hardcore too

Last edited by I8ABMR; 12-02-09 at 06:20 PM.
Old 12-04-09, 12:46 AM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

" i still drive it like i stole it "
Old 12-04-09, 05:50 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

In my GS its no longer about hardcore cornering like it was in my G35. Now I enjoy high speed cruising . On the highway between LA and Phoenix the roads are very smooth and the car felt amazing just cruising at triple digit speeds with the suspension set to maximum softness and the stock exhaust mounted. She is an amazing luxury touring car
Old 12-04-09, 06:41 PM
BinaryJay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by RooRa
I enjoy the smooth drive of my GS, with my previous car - a high sprung Matrix XRS which demanded that I not shift until over 6100 rpm to get anywhere in any kind of hurry - I drove that thing like I stole it everywhere in an attempt to try to get some kind of experience.

Compared to my XRS, the GS feels like getting into a tank after going around for a few laps in a go-cart.

I still use the ECT Power mode for start and stop traffic around town when the only thing stopping me is red lights... but I always turn power off when cruising, that damned fuel economy readout (which is a first for me) is always putting a damper on my fun.

I do miss the 6 speed manual gearbox sometimes, but rarely as I live in the city core and more often than not the clutch on that thing would give my leg cramps before it gave me any joy.
Old 12-14-09, 08:35 PM
GS350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Considering that the Titan is my daily driver, when I get in the GS, I drive it like I stole it.
Old 12-14-09, 11:20 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

yeah I floored it off the line today and DAMN it took off like a bat outta hell, I was kind impressed considering I never push this car. The potential is there if we want it though
Old 12-15-09, 12:04 AM
GS350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
yeah I floored it off the line today and DAMN it took off like a bat outta hell, I was kind impressed considering I never push this car. The potential is there if we want it though
Totally agree. If I didn't know better, I'd think there was a V8 under the hood.
Old 12-15-09, 09:24 AM
sucka
Rookie

It has, but not necessarily in a good way. Where as I would feel comfortable weaving and zipping through traffic in my SC, I don't do much of that at all in the GS450. Maybe i'm still getting used to it. The ride height is different and the road feel (lack-of) maybe is just not conducive to that kind of driving. With the SC, i could hear and feel the rumble of the engine, but the GS while the power is definately there, I dunno...it's just different.
Old 12-15-09, 10:39 AM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yes.. before I drive like this... now i drive like this.

Quick Reply: Has your Lexus changed your driving style ????