GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Has your Lexus changed your driving style ????

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-09, 01:41 PM
dadoody
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After buying and driving a Lexus, my hair grew back, my erection problems went away, I grew younger by 20 years, my ex-wife came back to me but all of her negative personality traits disappeared and she transformed into a 21 year old busty blond.

Thanks Lexus!
Old 12-31-09, 01:47 PM
HomieG
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dadoody
After buying and driving a Lexus, my hair grew back, my erection problems went away, I grew younger by 20 years, my ex-wife came back to me but all of her negative personality traits disappeared and she transformed into a 21 year old busty blond.

Thanks Lexus!
Wow, and I thought that just happened to me
Old 12-31-09, 02:01 PM
Gregor99
Driver School Candidate

Great observation, I recently purchased my GS430 and I am now driving slower overall. Well, I say that let me say in the corners because old car is a 93 300zx Conv that needs a little TLC but still great to drive.
Old 12-31-09, 02:11 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by hughh
In '04 we went to Munich and picked-up a BMW 330. We drove it for a week before shipping it and on the autobahn I was able to confidently hold it at around 125 mph when traffic permitted it.

This was straight, out of the box. I am over 70 yrs. old and have owned cars since the 50's. That Bimmer had by far the best straight line stability and least amount of wind noise of any of my other cars. I miss it, but my wife said it had to go...
^^^^1, BMW is very stable, now try a SC430, quiet and stable at 125, the best car Lexus manufactures
Old 12-31-09, 02:58 PM
austinGS
Rookie

dadoody, may i borrow your car for a week?

Back to the OPs question;
Yes, I do find myself driving a more elegant ride, especially during the week days when im back and forth to work. But then on the weekends I switch off VSC, switch on Power Mode and everything else I can that makes me feel the 303hp. Last weekend I found myself next to a Ferrari Enzo at a stoplight and thats when I rightly decided to stop and let the master go.
Old 12-31-09, 04:55 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
Well, that is the root of the GS' problem. A lot of people like to leave their car stock and the GS just doesnt perform well enough stock. You can compensate that with stiffer suspensions, but the chassis on the GS is still not rigid enough, it just doesnt have the same feeling as a BMW or an Audi.
you could add a Tom's Racing chassis brace

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=2273
http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=2271
http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=2275
Old 12-31-09, 06:04 PM
chauss
Driver

Thanks Lexus!
Uhmmmm....Do you want to sell me that car?
Old 01-01-10, 12:44 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Thanks Lexus!
For me its simple..........I turn into a crime fighter to battle evil and injustice .
Old 01-01-10, 10:49 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
For me its simple..........I turn into a crime fighter to battle evil and injustice .
Me too but I also don a mask and a cape.
Old 01-01-10, 12:30 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

sounds like we should start a Lexus Super hero justice league and a Lexus youth and hair club for me
Old 01-01-10, 01:32 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by The G Man
Well, that is the root of the GS' problem. A lot of people like to leave their car stock and the GS just doesnt perform well enough stock. You can compensate that with stiffer suspensions, but the chassis on the GS is still not rigid enough, it just doesnt have the same feeling as a BMW or an Audi.
Its NOT a problem since we DONT HAVE an autobahn here. Its NOT a problem because people can CHOOSE different cars based on what THEY want.

We just saw a test where the GS 350 was the fastest automatic and had the best MPG. That should be praised highly. VERY highly.

Instead the dumbass mag bases the test results on driving patterns owners SIMPLY do not use. Most of these vehicles are luxury cruisers and that includes the sportier ones.

For instance in this VERY thread we have people VERY happy with how the GS drives and when they want sport they got a REAL sports car, a Viper, 911, etc.

Sport is NOT the be all and end all of cars and I am so sick and tired of it being used as the main point for car buying.

(fyi this is not all in response to you)
Old 01-01-10, 02:21 PM
dadoody
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Its NOT a problem since we DONT HAVE an autobahn here. Its NOT a problem because people can CHOOSE different cars based on what THEY want.

We just saw a test where the GS 350 was the fastest automatic and had the best MPG. That should be praised highly. VERY highly.

Instead the dumbass mag bases the test results on driving patterns owners SIMPLY do not use. Most of these vehicles are luxury cruisers and that includes the sportier ones.

For instance in this VERY thread we have people VERY happy with how the GS drives and when they want sport they got a REAL sports car, a Viper, 911, etc.

Sport is NOT the be all and end all of cars and I am so sick and tired of it being used as the main point for car buying.

(fyi this is not all in response to you)
Right. The comparison isn't equal. If you want a sports car, get a sports car.

It's like my idiot friends - I say, "oh you want a great fish burritos? Go to XXXX" and they come back and tell me "I went to XXXX restaurant like you said. They suck!"

And I ask "What did you order...?"

and they reply "a hamburger"

And I'm like "WTF! Why would you order a hamburger?! That's not what they're known for! You can't go saying they suck because you were dumb enough to order something else"
Old 01-01-10, 11:38 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

It's like my idiot friends - I say, "oh you want a great fish burritos? Go to XXXX" and they come back and tell me "I went to XXXX restaurant like you said. They suck!"

And I'm like "WTF! Why would you order a hamburger?! That's not what they're known for! You can't go saying they suck because you were dumb enough to order something else"
omg..... i am laughing so bad
Old 01-02-10, 12:29 PM
LexFather

hahahahahhhhahaha
Old 01-02-10, 12:56 PM
spine911
Lead Lap

BWAHAHAHA...

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

on the 911...

Quick Reply: Has your Lexus changed your driving style ????