GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Dealership problems/warranty rant?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-09, 11:38 AM
ivanz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doesn't CPO mandate that all parts be original and everything in perfect condition? I would call Lexus HQ and get them to investigate...they shouldn't be selling a CPO with non-Lexus certified parts.
Old 12-03-09, 02:50 PM
ItsChris
Lead Lap

wow, thanks guy. I guess you learn something new everyday !

The new dealer I'm taking my car too said the car is ready and have verifed by 2 mechanics and the SA that the car no longer rattles anymore. Hopefully this will solve the issue with it. He stated that they removed the whole dash, replaced the clips etc..Ill post what they did regarding the fix.

That would be interesting if the CPO states that only lexus parts are suppose to be on the car and now aftermarket.
Old 12-03-09, 03:06 PM
ivanz
Lead Lap

Yes, it appears they violated CPO rules (and I personally believe you should be entitled to a full refund if you want it):
http://www.lexus.com/cpo/overview/in..._CPO_Text_Link

THOROUGHLY RECONDITIONED

Lexus Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles must be in like-new condition. That means using only certified Lexus parts for any necessary mechanical repairs, performing paint and surface restorations to meet Lexus standards, and thoroughly cleaning and detailing each vehicle to bring out its true beauty.

Old 12-04-09, 12:24 AM
ItsChris
Lead Lap

hey ivanz, thanks for looking that up for me. I just read through the whole thing about CPO.

It sounds like they did violate the CPO terms, Like i said before the car was in a minor fender bender on the driver side bumper, which, when I brought it back they fixed it and rebuffed it out. But the a partial part of the rear bumper is still poking a bit out.

I just got back the car from the other dealer. The invoice says that they changed ALL the clips in the dashboard, resealed the center speaker and reinsulated the whole dash. If you guys need the Part numbers I have them.

But the SA, did note that the "winshield was aftermarket and there is HEAVY sealant around the winshield which may cause noise".

Personally right there, its verfied that something could faulter with that. Maybe i'll ask lexus for a new winshield? But like you said, it clearly violates what they said on there site, and if something does happen to that TSB with the clips, they wont honor it.
Old 12-04-09, 02:54 PM
ivanz
Lead Lap

Yep, no problem.
I would call Lexus USA and explain that you were shocked to find out that your CPO car is not a CPO due to 3rd party windshield and improper accident repair (make sure to get evidence that it was advertised as CPO just in case! Although Lexus knows which cars are CPO by VIN #). They should force the dealer which sold it to you to replace the windshield and fix the bumper to look like new and bring it to CPO criteria.

Last edited by ivanz; 12-04-09 at 03:03 PM.
Old 12-04-09, 08:46 PM
chauss
Driver

Originally Posted by ivanz
Doesn't CPO mandate that all parts be original and everything in perfect condition? I would call Lexus HQ and get them to investigate...they shouldn't be selling a CPO with non-Lexus certified parts.
EXACTLY!!!
Read your sales documentation- it should have came with an extensive list of inspection components to be able to sell the car as CPO.
if they did not catch it shame on them!
Definitely get Lexus corporate involved...
If the car was not CPO the caveat emptor applies...

Good Luck!
Demand satisfaction- Let them know that you could have purchased a non CPO car off the internet for quite a bit less but wanted CPO for assurance things like this would not happen.
Old 12-04-09, 10:05 PM
sucka
Rookie

I acquired a 450h though a lease transfer- buyout. Odometer is at 79,996 kms (in Canada). The warranty is for 80,000 kms. Called the dealership, Don Valley North Lexus about my situation with the mileage as i want to bring it in for a possible blown speaker and bad creaking/rattling of the glove box. To drive there would put me over 80,000 maybe by 4-5 kms. The dealership said no way, they would not be able to help me as Lexus Canada adheres strictly. Not even to report it at under 80. Fortunately I have a buddy who is a tow truck driver who can tow me on a trolley (to avoid the odometer rolling while towed). I even told lexus this and to save me the hassle, just throw me a bone. I even told them normally a car has a few miles on it when it leaves the lot and it should be 80,000 plus whatever initial mileage the prior owner recieved it at...still no. I mean, what is a few kilometers to them??? What a way to treat a new owner...although I have had prior cars from other lexus dealerships.
Old 12-04-09, 10:08 PM
ivanz
Lead Lap

^^ Lexus has a goodwill policy which ensures stuff like that doesn't happen. Allways call Lexus corporate and get them to investigate...they will force the dealers to do whatever they find to be within guidelines.
Old 12-04-09, 10:11 PM
sucka
Rookie

Originally Posted by ivanz
^^ Lexus has a goodwill policy which ensures stuff like that doesn't happen. Allways call Lexus corporate and get them to investigate...they will force the dealers to do whatever they find to be within guidelines.

Haha "Goodwill" - man, i was trying to come up with that, to explain to the maintenance guy...but just couldn't think that word up...on the tip of my tongue but ...oh well, yeah, i'll try and give Lexus Canada a call on monday. The appointment is tuesday. Really sucks that it's just sitting in my garage and i can't drive it.