GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Does anyone use automatic side mirrors regularly????

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-09, 11:15 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Does anyone use automatic side mirrors regularly????

I had an issue with a whistling noise coming from my mirrors when I first got the car and I am not sure if it was caused by an issue in the structure or integrity of the mirror. They ended changing the mirrors on the car because the memory in the mirrors stopped working. when it was replaced the noise went away. Now I am afraid to use this feature thinking that the whistling noise will come back.

Does anyone use their automatic side mirror regularly when parking???? If you do have you had any issue with the mirrors or noise ???
Old 12-03-09, 11:30 PM
energie8
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

I use it regularly, no issues at all.
Old 12-03-09, 11:34 PM
ItsChris
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no problems with mine and use it regularly. For some reason, after my car came back from the dealer, I noticed the side mirrors dont automatically aim down anymore or move when put in reverse.

hmm...
Old 12-04-09, 12:21 AM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i hav emine tilted way up to check out chicks..other then that they are useless to me

Old 12-04-09, 06:35 AM
stvincent
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

i use it all the time, but no issues so far.. hopefully.

Originally Posted by ItsChris
I noticed the side mirrors dont automatically aim down anymore or move when put in reverse.
is the green light on either L or R?
Old 12-04-09, 06:40 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

very rarely ever fold my mirrors in. actually hoping one of the "new" features for the 4th gen GS is to take a page from the LS and have automatic folding when you turn the car on/off.
Old 12-04-09, 07:23 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I had an issue with a whistling noise coming from my mirrors when I first got the car and I am not sure if it was caused by an issue in the structure or integrity of the mirror. They ended changing the mirrors on the car because the memory in the mirrors stopped working. when it was replaced the noise went away. Now I am afraid to use this feature thinking that the whistling noise will come back.

Does anyone use their automatic side mirror regularly when parking???? If you do have you had any issue with the mirrors or noise ???
Some Lexus owners have experience bad seals on their side mirror causing wind like noise, I am not sure if that was waht you heard from your old mirror.
Old 12-04-09, 08:08 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only when I remember to. It should just be automatic when ignition is shut off/turned on. O well.
Old 12-04-09, 08:13 AM
BinaryJay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ItsChris
I have no problems with mine and use it regularly. For some reason, after my car came back from the dealer, I noticed the side mirrors dont automatically aim down anymore or move when put in reverse.

hmm...
I just posted about this on the RX forum, somebody there reminded me that apparently they only auto tilt when you have the mirror adjuster in anything but the neutral position. Go figure.

By the way, what does the OP mean by mirror "memory"? As far as I've ever recalled the mirror positions aren't stored as part of the seat memory -- to my chagrin.
Old 12-04-09, 08:34 AM
truongsta8
Lead Lap

i wish there was a mod where you can have them auto fold whenever you turn the car on/off

anyone??
Old 12-04-09, 08:37 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BinaryJay
I just posted about this on the RX forum, somebody there reminded me that apparently they only auto tilt when you have the mirror adjuster in anything but the neutral position. Go figure.

By the way, what does the OP mean by mirror "memory"? As far as I've ever recalled the mirror positions aren't stored as part of the seat memory -- to my chagrin.
The mirror positions are part of the seat memory.
Old 12-04-09, 08:38 AM
vuiskool
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by truongsta8
i wish there was a mod where you can have them auto fold whenever you turn the car on/off

anyone??
There was a thread on this. Someone was trying to play with the board and wire it up, not really any updates on it though.
Old 12-04-09, 08:47 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by energie8
I use it regularly, no issues at all.
me too.......
Old 12-04-09, 09:01 AM
BinaryJay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Yang1815
The mirror positions are part of the seat memory.
Huh, I'll have to check that... I wonder if you leave the switch in "neutral" if it doesn't auto adjust them, I could have swore that this never worked for me.
Old 12-04-09, 10:08 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
Some Lexus owners have experience bad seals on their side mirror causing wind like noise, I am not sure if that was waht you heard from your old mirror.
cool to know it was probably just a bad seal. It was so annoying and I had to take it 2 or 3 times before they replaced the mirrors for a totally different reason. I guess I will start using them again. Thanks for the info guys. I park in a huge lot so I dont need them at work but at times in tight spaces its a cool feature to have available

Quick Reply: Does anyone use automatic side mirrors regularly????