GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

MT: GS beats M35 S, RL....finishes behind everyone else

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-09, 08:01 PM
chauss
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I still think its interesting that the only cars the GS can beat in a comparison is the dated M35 and the horribly pathetic RL ( the least competitive car in its class. In fact its almost as if the car was designed with no competition in mind)

many comments to this thread seem like we are blowing smoke up the *** of our Lexus. Lexus just cant win a competition outside a consumer reports reliability ranking....and even there they have been slipping recently. We should and can all expect more from our Lexus. Look at BMW, the cars just seem to do it all very well in all tests in every magazine ( minus consumer reports )
Hate to say it but....If you want a car that auto magazines review highly- Buy a BMW. But if you want a reliable car that rides smoother than the competition while providing the luxury you have become accustomed to KEEP YOUR GS!
You can't put too much into magazine reviews....I used to get upset when the Viper was not rated highly any longer....but I have what I WANT...and that is all that really matters! Isn't it?
Old 12-21-09, 06:35 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
many comments to this thread seem like we are blowing smoke up the *** of our Lexus. Lexus just cant win a competition outside a consumer reports reliability ranking....and even there they have been slipping recently. We should and can all expect more from our Lexus. Look at BMW, the cars just seem to do it all very well in all tests in every magazine ( minus consumer reports )
These articles are more for entertainment for me than as a buying guide. If BMW are that much better, than everyone should be buying them. I bypass the 5 series twice when I was shopping for a new car, it just wasnt my type of daily driver. I demand more in my vehicle in terms of value, comfort and interior and exterior design. Performance for me is one of the many quality I look for in a Vehicle. BMW exceeds in performance but it fails in everything else.
Old 12-21-09, 04:15 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

I just picked up my 2010 GS 350 Saturday. I still have the 2008 CTS that it is replacing (and my previous car was a M45 sport).

The GS blows away the CTS in quality and refinement. Let me repeat BLOWS AWAY. It is also noticably faster than the CTS despite virtually identical horsepower. And the list prices are also nearly identical with same equipment.