GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Klasse Impressions on Black GS

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-09, 01:10 PM
BinaryJay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Klasse Impressions on Black GS

Hi guys,

Just wanted to post a quick few impressions on my experience with using Klasse for the first time on my black 3GS.

The car has not been babied in it's life, under flourescent lights it had a dull look when dry and had it's fair share of swirls and other nonsense that you can expect from any black car that isn't brand new.

I stripped everything off with dish detergent, clayed, went over the hood with one hit of scratchx as prep. I went over the whole car with Klasse AIO, using the laziest method, which is to just apply with a blue foam applicator with a very thin application and then immediately remove with a thick microfiber towel without waiting for it to cake on. At this point, the car is already looking fantastic.

I waited an hour or so, and then did the same with even less Klasse Sealant Glaze... wipe on, wipe off immediately. I heard too many horror stories about it being impossible to remove if you let it dry to bother experimenting with it any other way.

After just one application of the SG, the car nearly looks like it just came off the show room floor. The gloss and depth of the black is back again. I have to say, considering how little product I actually used and how little effort I actually put into it - I certainly didn't break my bar or tire my arms out - I'm really impressed with the Klasse system. Reports are that the car doesn't start to "pop" until the 2nd or 3rd layer of SG, but you have to wait 12-24 hours between layers so I haven't got that far yet and probably won't bother considering it's the winter and all I was after was a protective layer that will be easy to rinse off over the coming months.

So, as far as I'm concerned I'm done with breaking my back with wax. Klasse was easier to use and gave me better results. Given how far such a little bit went, and how long the finish is supposed to last (4 - 6 months) it seems that over the long haul it will actually be much cheaper to boot.

from me.

Sorry I didn't think to take before and after pictures. Nothing special about my car worth showing off, it looks the same as every other black GS you've seen - just a lot "newer" looking now.
Old 12-20-09, 01:25 PM
mysteryan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Klasse twins are alright. Mine are still nearly full. They're fine as a base coat, but the reflective sheen is too plastic for my taste. Especially on a black car, you should use a wax over it as a LSP. It would provide a more deep wet look.
Old 12-20-09, 03:24 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

NO PICS???? I am curious to see how it compares to my Zaino
Attached Thumbnails Klasse Impressions on Black GS-img_0023.jpg   Klasse Impressions on Black GS-img_0038.jpg   Klasse Impressions on Black GS-img_0016.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 12-20-09, 03:27 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

dish detergent? you should never wash your car with dish detergent.
Old 12-20-09, 04:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
actually, it's recommended to remove most of the dirt on the finish before polishing and putting on sealant. not all detergent of course, but you need to know what kind you put on. dawn is a great candidate. OP said he used it to wash his car before clay. of course you don't use it to wash your car normally

to OP, yup, klasse is pretty cool stuff. specially on dark color cars they have a better finish than some other products like zaino. however keep in mind klasse is not very durable, so don't expect them to last very long. that's my main complaint about klasse
Old 12-20-09, 06:13 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

That refection is sick.. looking good..
Old 12-20-09, 06:36 PM
BinaryJay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
Like what was said, I used it to prep and get rid of all of the junk that was previously on the car. The only reason not to use detergent is if you don't want it to strip the wax off your car. When you do want the wax off your car, dawn away - there's nothing in it that "hurts" your car. It doesn't cause your dishes to peel, or your tupperware to turn to mush and you can eat the stuff.
Old 12-20-09, 06:50 PM
TWong350

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
actually, it's recommended to remove most of the dirt on the finish before polishing and putting on sealant. not all detergent of course, but you need to know what kind you put on. dawn is a great candidate. OP said he used it to wash his car before clay. of course you don't use it to wash your car normally
100% agree with Henry here. Dawn is the best stuff to use to strip off all the old wax and nasty stuff before clay bar-ing etc.
Old 12-21-09, 02:21 PM
pgh300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What product would you guys recomend for a Cypress green pearl GS? I used Ziano on my silver MB e55 years ago and it really looked real sharp. I use Collnite Insulator wax on my Jeep because it lasts forever.
Old 12-21-09, 03:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by pgh300
What product would you guys recomend for a Cypress green pearl GS? I used Ziano on my silver MB e55 years ago and it really looked real sharp. I use Collnite Insulator wax on my Jeep because it lasts forever.
i would say zaino is still imho one of the best in terms of compromise between shine and durability
Old 12-21-09, 07:07 PM
pgh300
Driver School Candidate

I liked the Ziano and it was so easy to apply. You could put on as many coats as you want and it just looked better and better.
Old 12-22-09, 09:34 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

zaino all the way
Attached Thumbnails Klasse Impressions on Black GS-img_0081.jpg   Klasse Impressions on Black GS-img_0036.jpg   Klasse Impressions on Black GS-img_0014.jpg   Klasse Impressions on Black GS-img_0062.jpg  
Old 12-22-09, 09:50 PM
aristo2369
Lead Lap

Where do i Buy Zaino? is there a different types? Like Zaino polish or hardwax/liquid?
what do you use I8ABMR ? should i remove old wax before adding Zaino?
Old 12-22-09, 10:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

http://www.zainostore.com/

you should always remove all old wax before putting on new different products
Old 12-22-09, 11:10 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 106 Likes on 84 Posts

I have Klasse Twins myself. After 3 layers of KSG, the durability is solid for at least half a year. What I don't like is, it does gives a plastic look which made me put a glaze and a wax over it to enhance it. KSG, you would really have to let it completely dry to get the full benefit. It would take 1-2 hour be best. Then get a QD to remove it with. But now, I use Optiseal. Wipe on Walk away product. Cheers.

Quick Reply: Klasse Impressions on Black GS