GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

driver side rear mirror moves?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-10, 08:52 PM
xmike714x
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default driver side rear mirror moves?

wondering if any of you guys have this problem? when you go to unlock your car, does your driverside mirror start to move slightly? it moves like 4-5 directions and stops. dunno if i should get this looked at.
Old 01-08-10, 12:50 AM
mysteryan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't see why your mirror would move in conjunction with you unlocking. If someone tapped your mirror, it will autocorrect itself into place when you turn on your car.
Old 01-08-10, 05:08 AM
twylie
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

mirror settings are part of the presets, along with the seats and steering wheel. Is someone else (another smart key) driving or getting near the car between your using it? That would cause the car to adjust to them and then back to you (moving the mirrors, etc.)
Old 01-08-10, 05:58 AM
BinaryJay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by twylie
mirror settings are part of the presets, along with the seats and steering wheel. Is someone else (another smart key) driving or getting near the car between your using it? That would cause the car to adjust to them and then back to you (moving the mirrors, etc.)
I wasn't even aware that different smart keys held different driver presets?
Old 01-08-10, 06:25 AM
stvincent
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

you can sync the keys to different seat settings and others, but haven't tried this yet since i'm the only driver.
Old 01-08-10, 06:31 AM
BinaryJay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by stvincent
you can sync the keys to different seat settings and others, but haven't tried this yet since i'm the only driver.
Is this something that was added later than the first GS3 model year? I don't recall any mention of this in the owners manual at all. My wife drives the car sometimes and is a good foot shorter than me which necessitates pressing the driver buttons... I've been keeping the spare key in a safe place and we've been sharing the same key just because I didn't think there was any link between the key and driving presets on this car like some others.
Old 01-08-10, 06:55 AM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Something about holding the key button and the preset key at the same time to set. So it go by the key and change the setting accordingly.

I think the loop hole / problem is the car don't know which key is in the driver seat. So if U drive, U better unlock and get in first so it uses your setting and not your wife's setting.
Old 01-08-10, 09:39 AM
twylie
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BinaryJay
Is this something that was added later than the first GS3 model year? I don't recall any mention of this in the owners manual at all. My wife drives the car sometimes and is a good foot shorter than me which necessitates pressing the driver buttons... I've been keeping the spare key in a safe place and we've been sharing the same key just because I didn't think there was any link between the key and driving presets on this car like some others.
Mine is an '06 and has it. P 199 in the manual.

This is from the FSM

Memory Call Registration Function
• When the driver presses the key lock or unlock button while pressing memory switch [1] (or [2], or [3]) with the engine switch pressed OFF and the driver's door closed (driver's door courtesy light switch OFF), the system will assign the ID of the key, which is used for this operation, to the corresponding memory switch.
Memory Call Registration Cancel Function
• When the driver presses the key lock or unlock button while pressing memory switch [SET] with the engine switch pressed OFF and the driver's door closed (driver's door courtesy light switch OFF), the system will cancel the ID of the key, which is used for this operation, in the memory call registration.
Not sure if proximity changes the settings or if it requires that you use the unlock button on the fob to have it switch settings between driver presets. I'll test mine out this weekend as I programmed my wife's key to her setting when I got the car.
Old 01-08-10, 10:00 AM
xmike714x
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by twylie
no one else drives my car and i only use one smart key. other smart key is stored away.