GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

automatic door unlocks and lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-10 | 01:27 PM
mrxthuan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default automatic door unlocks and lights

i have two issues i want to fix since one of them causes my battery to drain a couple times.

i was wondering if anyone knew how to set the car so once it's off and i open the door, all my lights will turn off? right now i have it on auto, and when i get out of my car it takes about 30 secs to turn off, at times it didn't for a couple of times.

also...after i drive and put the car into park, "P" all my doors unlock, is there a way to make ONLY the driver side unlock instead of the rest?
Old 01-14-10 | 01:39 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 25,000

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

search for "Lexus Personalized Setting"
Old 01-14-10 | 02:15 PM
Bavaria
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

The change in settings you desire are done by a dealer - you can't do them yourself.
Old 01-14-10 | 05:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

for the lock, for sure dealer can do it, but for the headlights, i don't know if it's a setting (from other posters seem like so)

but if you are saying happened a few times that the light didn't turn off at all? that doesn't make sense. my lights always turn off a while after i close my doors. if light don't turn off, check to see if all your doors including the trunk are closed. if any of them opened, the light won't turn off. if they are all off already, that means something is not right
Old 01-14-10 | 08:32 PM
ivanz
Lead Lap

You can change the unlock thing by using a combination of shifter positions/button presses...its in your manual. The headlight thing must be done by a dealer.
Old 01-14-10 | 09:05 PM
hieu
Rookie

uhmm i think you can just press double click on the lock button on your remote it will turn off the light right away.... even if you have it on automatic.
Old 01-15-10 | 07:33 AM
BinaryJay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by hieu
uhmm i think you can just press double click on the lock button on your remote it will turn off the light right away.... even if you have it on automatic.
I didn't know this either. I know pressing the lock buttons on the doors multiple times doesn't do it.

Speaking of which, without using the key fob, the only door that unlocks when I touch the drivers side door is the drivers door. Touching any other door first, opens all of the doors. It's kind of annoying because sometimes I lock my wife out by going for the drivers door first and then have to fumble for the unlock button while she's knocking on the window. Is there any trick to making the drivers side door unlock all by touch (I realize this is probably something the dealer can set, but I just want the option of unlocking all the doors by touch on the drivers door but not for it to happen all the time.). Touching the door handle twice doesn't seem to do anything. There's probably nothing for me to do but use the fob buttons or, as I usually do when I remember, reach for the rear door first.
Old 01-15-10 | 08:49 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by BinaryJay
I didn't know this either. I know pressing the lock buttons on the doors multiple times doesn't do it.

Speaking of which, without using the key fob, the only door that unlocks when I touch the drivers side door is the drivers door. Touching any other door first, opens all of the doors. It's kind of annoying because sometimes I lock my wife out by going for the drivers door first and then have to fumble for the unlock button while she's knocking on the window. Is there any trick to making the drivers side door unlock all by touch (I realize this is probably something the dealer can set, but I just want the option of unlocking all the doors by touch on the drivers door but not for it to happen all the time.). Touching the door handle twice doesn't seem to do anything. There's probably nothing for me to do but use the fob buttons or, as I usually do when I remember, reach for the rear door first.
yes, this is a setting you can select to open just the driver door, or doors on the same side, or all 4 doors. i think it's in the manual? remember reading it somewhere. or if you use the fob, press unlock twice and it unlocks all doors

and yes, if you press lock twice, first one is to lock the doors, second time will turn off all the lights

but for me, i never really reach for my fob (that's the whole point of the fob imho). so i just wait 30 seconds for the lights to go out while i check mailbox, etc... and when i go out with people, i am used to reaching out for the rear door to unlock all doors instead of just driver side
Old 01-15-10 | 07:00 PM
StrannikMD
Rookie

Originally Posted by rominl
and when i go out with people, i am used to reaching out for the rear door to unlock all doors instead of just driver side
+1 That's what I always do
Old 01-16-10 | 02:44 PM
villemus
Driver School Candidate

and when i go out with people, i am used to reaching out for the rear door to unlock all doors instead of just driver side
what i always do too
Old 01-19-10 | 02:07 PM
sum10ne
Driver School Candidate

Someone's not a gentlemen! hahaaa If you just opened the door for your wife, all the problems would be solved! I'm sure I'll be changing my tune once I get married, but for now, when I'm on dates, I try and open the door for my lady.
Old 01-19-10 | 02:09 PM
TWong350
CL Folding 10,000

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I too, do this. I'm conditioned to do this.
Old 01-19-10 | 05:30 PM
SRGS300
Pole Position

X5
Old 01-19-10 | 05:58 PM
BinaryJay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by sum10ne
Someone's not a gentlemen! hahaaa If you just opened the door for your wife, all the problems would be solved! I'm sure I'll be changing my tune once I get married, but for now, when I'm on dates, I try and open the door for my lady.
Going grocery shopping doesn't require any such chivalry.