GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

my gs shoot

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-10, 12:28 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jhill20
u know I'm kinda diggin the headlights......nice ride. Looks good.
Me too. I think the tint on the headlights makes it look distinctive. I like it. And if I saw that GS driving by, I'd definitely turn and look. Nice job.
Old 01-17-10, 04:15 PM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DjVolume
thanks man!

to each its own its not suppose to turn head im not planning to put 22's and make it a low rider painted hot pink to turn heads it was never the idea.

its just not my style i love the way the gs looks i dont really care if its a head turner or not its classy car that turns heads the way it is. but thanks for ur opinion!
See, now here we go...

I never said to put 22s and hot pink.

Last edited by jre002; 01-17-10 at 04:20 PM.
Old 01-17-10, 05:35 PM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking good man.
Old 01-17-10, 08:17 PM
Iocca
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree with jre002. I like the black roof, but i would have painted it or done gloss black, but the shark fin looks out of place, the mirrors and or spoiler painted black would look aweful, like a base model corolla or something that didnt get the mirrors painted. I'm not a fan of the f-sport wheels, and it could def be lower without being a "lowrider". I like the tails, never been a fan of the blue tinted headlights tho, the leds were a cool idea, just not executed properly. JMO. I think it would look a lot better if you painted the shark fin black, and removed the headlight film.
Old 01-17-10, 11:21 PM
DjVolume
Driver

Originally Posted by jhill20
u know I'm kinda diggin the headlights......nice ride. Looks good.
Thank u!!!
Old 01-17-10, 11:30 PM
DjVolume
Driver

Originally Posted by Lexucan
Me too. I think the tint on the headlights makes it look distinctive. I like it. And if I saw that GS driving by, I'd definitely turn and look. Nice job.
thanks man atleast someone understands!!!

Originally Posted by jre002
See, now here we go...

I never said to put 22s and hot pink.
u r right u didn't i'm just saying I like it the way it is I did that way after all

Originally Posted by Chancellor
Looking good man.
thanks!

Originally Posted by Iocca
i agree with jre002. I like the black roof, but i would have painted it or done gloss black, but the shark fin looks out of place, the mirrors and or spoiler painted black would look aweful, like a base model corolla or something that didnt get the mirrors painted. I'm not a fan of the f-sport wheels, and it could def be lower without being a "lowrider". I like the tails, never been a fan of the blue tinted headlights tho, the leds were a cool idea, just not executed properly. JMO. I think it would look a lot better if you painted the shark fin black, and removed the headlight film.
Well there is reason y it's not painted one it's leased for now(planning on buying if gs-f won't come out) 2 painting the roof will drop the value in case I wanna sell later on 3. My color is rare therefore it's not an option for me vinyl just does the job right i can always re move it without any pain or hassel To answer ur question about the shark fin same thing I like it opaline pearl, wat I meant by doing the spoiler is painting it the same color as the wheels if u pay attention my f sport badge background is sane gray as the wheels therefore I think it will work as well as painting the trim around the headlight
Old 01-17-10, 11:45 PM
LudeNsoL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think black pearl emblems
a lil lower
and if it would be possible which most likely isnt, would be if the headlight film wasnt so blue it would be perfect. cause i like the headlight film but its a lil to blue
Old 01-18-10, 12:41 AM
DjVolume
Driver

Originally Posted by LudeNsoL
i think black pearl emblems
a lil lower
and if it would be possible which most likely isnt, would be if the headlight film wasnt so blue it would be perfect. cause i like the headlight film but its a lil to blue
It's not that blue in real life for some reason it comes out this way on the pics it actually looks like the gs hybird lights just a bit darker I don't know y the camera does that way
Old 01-18-10, 07:49 AM
Iocca
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DjVolume
Well there is reason y it's not painted one it's leased for now(planning on buying if gs-f won't come out) 2 painting the roof will drop the value in case I wanna sell later on 3. My color is rare therefore it's not an option for me vinyl just does the job right i can always re move it without any pain or hassel To answer ur question about the shark fin same thing I like it opaline pearl, wat I meant by doing the spoiler is painting it the same color as the wheels if u pay attention my f sport badge background is sane gray as the wheels therefore I think it will work as well as painting the trim around the headlight
I still think the spoiler a different color would look bad, as someone else said, the black emblems would look nice. what i meant by gloss black, was a gloss black vinyl, yours looks matte black. The headlight trim would look ok, even better if you do black emblems, but i really dont think painting the spoiler would look good, both will be an issue if you return the lease. but, it's your car, do whatever you like with it.
Old 01-18-10, 08:16 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

overall its not bad. only 2 things i do not like is the headlight tint and the white antenna on the black roof.
Old 02-17-10, 05:53 PM
R.DUB
Driver

DJ- Did you cut the 3M vinyl yourself for the tail tint? Really like how the white/clear reverse is not tinted. Very Clean. Could you pls advise how exactly you did it? Thanks again!
Old 02-17-10, 08:54 PM
ESU1909
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice set up...noticed your GS is an AWD....does the staggered fitment on your F-Sport wheels make any difference with the AWD performance?
Old 02-18-10, 02:08 PM
bs0dxi
Driver

not bad..i like the wheels definitely.
Old 02-18-10, 06:43 PM
yogregb
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would suggest going with the blue f sport calipers to get some contrast in the wheel area, then change out your chrome emblems for graphite grey color to tie in with the wheels and bottom door molding, and yeah, definnetlly paint that shark fin! Otherwise looks good,you made the gs your own
Old 02-18-10, 07:01 PM
DjVolume
Driver

Originally Posted by ESU1909
Nice set up...noticed your GS is an AWD....does the staggered fitment on your F-Sport wheels make any difference with the AWD performance?
nope as long as u calculate tire size...

Originally Posted by bs0dxi
not bad..i like the wheels definitely.
thank u!

Originally Posted by yogregb
I would suggest going with the blue f sport calipers to get some contrast in the wheel area, then change out your chrome emblems for graphite grey color to tie in with the wheels and bottom door molding, and yeah, definnetlly paint that shark fin! Otherwise looks good,you made the gs your own
please send all donations to me for f sport upgrade breaks haha

Originally Posted by R.DUB
DJ- Did you cut the 3M vinyl yourself for the tail tint? Really like how the white/clear reverse is not tinted. Very Clean. Could you pls advise how exactly you did it? Thanks again!
thank u! i didnt to it a buddy of mine did but its pretty easy get the material put it on strech with heat gun then cut around the clear

Quick Reply: my gs shoot