GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

about my 2007 gs 350' head light

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-10, 08:47 AM
Amalan
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate using it right after I get a car wash, I get nice huge streaks of washer fluid up my hood... I agree with everyone else its a pretty useless unless you go off roading with your gs.
Old 01-20-10, 09:02 AM
BinaryJay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...layCatalogid=0

It appears the headlamp assembly comes in parts with and without washer. I guess at some point the headlights were replaced in OP's car for some reason and they replaced them with the ones without the washer for reasons unknown.
Old 01-20-10, 09:46 AM
twylie
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

agree it's not much use if you live in a warm climate, but having recently driven my GS for 12 hours in a blizzard it definitely helps remove salt/dirt/ice build up on the lamps.
Old 11-06-10, 09:18 PM
LB23
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ning0906
well, i know what u guys talking about but... my head lights doesnt even have that thing on it (see pic...)the gap what ever...

Originally Posted by BinaryJay
You don't have that little rectangle on the bottom of the headlight yet you have a button in your console for the spray? That doesn't sound right at all. I wonder if it was in some kind of frontal collision like you feared, and they replaced (by accident perhaps) the chrome trim around the headlights with the wrong part number. I've never seen a GS here without that little gap though.
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...layCatalogid=0

It appears the headlamp assembly comes in parts with and without washer. I guess at some point the headlights were replaced in OP's car for some reason and they replaced them with the ones without the washer for reasons unknown.

This is exactly what is happening to me!!!!
I just realized that. In fact yes, I have the button, and when I press it, it spills water, but since I have the "normal" headlights without that little gap it doesnt actually washes the headlights.
So, I have a couple of questions

- This headlight washer system , where does the water comes thru?
Thru a hole in the front bumper or thru the gap shown in the picture above?

-What happens if I buy a headlight unit with that little gap, should it fit?

-Every button u have in the little console at the left of the driver seat, means u have that option on your car? Or you can buttons like parktronic and AFS off and you actually dont have those options on your car?

Thanks people.
Old 11-07-10, 11:55 AM
LB23
Driver

Anyone with an answer?
Old 11-07-10, 12:45 PM
BinaryJay
Pole Position

If it dribbles water then you have the plumbing and the feature, but it appears it's not hooked up to the actual nozzle that should be in the headlight. When it sprays, it comes out from the gap area as a mist just like the windshield sprayers.

You shouldn't have buttons for features you don't have. I don't have the pre-collision/radar cruise on my car, so that button is not there, but I do have parking sensors and the button is there.
Old 11-08-10, 07:20 PM
LB23
Driver

If it dribbles water then you have the plumbing and the feature, but it appears it's not hooked up to the actual nozzle that should be in the headlight. When it sprays, it comes out from the gap area as a mist just like the windshield sprayers.

You shouldn't have buttons for features you don't have. I don't have the pre-collision/radar cruise on my car, so that button is not there, but I do have parking sensors and the button is there.
Hey there binaryJay!
Yes I have the parktronic button!

Anyway, it seems I got the wrong headlight assembly, I should have the headlight with headlight washer, I know that.
If I buy a headlight, it comes with a gap. (the gap where the water comes out)
Do I have to buy the headlight washer actuator sub-assembly as an extra part then, to fill that gap?
See picture attached
Attached Thumbnails about my 2007 gs 350' head light-headlight.png  
Old 11-08-10, 08:20 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that suck that you have the option but don't have the parts after it was fixed before you purchased it. I would take it back wer you bought the car and make them fix it.
Old 11-08-10, 09:49 PM
LB23
Driver

That is not an option. But thanks for the suggestion.

My remaining doubt is if I have to buy the headlight washer actuator sub-assembly as an extra part then? Which costs MSRP $275, just that little part LOL! Or not?

I am ordering the new headlight but not sure if I would need to order the other part also.
Old 11-09-10, 03:39 PM
LB23
Driver

Originally Posted by LB23
That is not an option. But thanks for the suggestion.

My remaining doubt is if I have to buy the headlight washer actuator sub-assembly as an extra part then? Which costs MSRP $275, just that little part LOL! Or not?

I am ordering the new headlight but not sure if I would need to order the other part also.
So whats the answer?
Old 11-09-10, 08:03 PM
BinaryJay
Pole Position

The only sensible answer, if you ask me, is to pretend that you don't have headlight washers and forget about it. Those of us that have working headlight washers don't even care.
Old 11-24-10, 07:44 PM
LB23
Driver

Ok, Im happy to report an update, it may be useful to others eventually.

Bought the new headlight assembly.
And the little chrome gap where the headlight washer fluid comes out, doesn`t come with the headlight as I already knew.

The question was, where is that chrome piece missing? Where to buy it?
Well, it was underneath the bumper, at the top of the headlight washer sub actuator assembly.

Photo attached.
Attached Thumbnails about my 2007 gs 350' head light-24112010568x.jpg  
Old 11-25-10, 01:19 AM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Both of ure headlights don't have it? or just one of them?
Old 11-27-10, 05:28 PM
hayat
Driver School Candidate

I have a 2008 GS350, the base model, and I do not have the headlight washers. It only comes on premium packages (this is the case in Canada atleast.)

I have a button for the headlight washers inside but no nozzle outside.
Old 11-27-10, 06:46 PM
LB23
Driver

Originally Posted by GS350Lexus
Both of ure headlights don't have it? or just one of them?
Its all good now.

Quick Reply: about my 2007 gs 350' head light