GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Body Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-10, 04:03 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Body Kit Thread (Pics Added)

Okay, I'm sorry about the title. I'm sure someone thought there would be pics after seeing it. No pics yet. Just feeling antsy and impatient because the car is in the shop getting the kit installed.
I called for an update and the guy complained that 2 of the pieces needed work to fit properly and that makes the wait worse. Hopefully they made everything fit well. They put on my last kit so I'm sure they will get it right. It should be ready tomorrow. The guy is trying to get an extra $80 claiming the materials cost more than they thought. That ain't my problem. I'll pay what they quoted.
I guess this isn't a big deal, the kit is the same Long has on his car so the look won't be something you all haven't seen before......but pics coming up soon. Prolly a teaser tomorrow with a bunch more this weekend, weather permitting.

Last edited by Ice350; 01-22-10 at 06:59 PM.
Old 01-20-10, 04:27 PM
1STLXS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Your right about that, I jumped right in thinking pics (LOL)
Can't wait to see it.
How much did they quote you to paint and install. I'm in the process of finding someone to paint and install my kit. I got one quote of $3,000.00. I just about spit in the guys face (lol).
Old 01-20-10, 04:57 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

I was quoted $800...which is the same price they charged me for the last kit they did for me in 2004.
Sincebusiness is so slow because of the economy, I tried to talk them down. They wouldn't budge. I coulda gotten it done cheaper at other places but I didn't know them and therefore didn't trust they would do it right. Painters can easily cut corners by not putting a flex agent in the paint or not putting on the best quality primer but I trust the shop I chose.
Old 01-20-10, 06:26 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

curious, what kit did you go with? and is it lip kit or full bumper replacement?
Old 01-20-10, 06:35 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So... when are we going to shoot the car Reggie??? Andy asked me the other day when you were going to be ready. lol

Time to show people how S. FL does it!!! Hopefully it will be ready by the time the JM Lexus Mega Meet comes around.
Old 01-21-10, 04:08 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ek9vboi
So... when are we going to shoot the car Reggie??? Andy asked me the other day when you were going to be ready. lol

Time to show people how S. FL does it!!! Hopefully it will be ready by the time the JM Lexus Mega Meet comes around.
I'll have it long before the JMLexus meet. It was promised for today and I thought I'd be posting a teaser pic but it didn't happen.
I went to take a peek this morning. The paint work was done. I saw a little imperfection on the front lip and another on the rear lip. The were very small and I didn't complain because I wanted my car. I went to work expecting the call to come pick it up. Instead I call at the end of the day and was told they repainted because of the imperfections. I was disappointed because I miss my car but I'm happy they care about the quality of their work.

One more day! It's supposed to rain tomorrow so I may not get those pics until the weekend. Patience young Padowan.
Old 01-21-10, 05:03 PM
1STLXS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ice350
I'll have it long before the JMLexus meet. It was promised for today and I thought I'd be posting a teaser pic but it didn't happen.
I went to take a peek this morning. The paint work was done. I saw a little imperfection on the front lip and another on the rear lip. The were very small and I didn't complain because I wanted my car. I went to work expecting the call to come pick it up. Instead I call at the end of the day and was told they repainted because of the imperfections. I was disappointed because I miss my car but I'm happy they care about the quality of their work.

One more day! It's supposed to rain tomorrow so I may not get those pics until the weekend. Patience young Padowan.
That's cool that there are still companies that care about quality and don't need to be told. How long have they had your car. How was the color match.
Old 01-21-10, 05:28 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1STLXS
That's cool that there are still companies that care about quality and don't need to be told. How long have they had your car. How was the color match.
They had it since Tuesday.
The pieces were painted but not installed. They were in the booth under the light. With GFM paint that bright light changes the color of the paint so I couldn't really tell. The painter told me he matched it perfectly. Since they have proven they care about the quality of the work, I trust the color match is fine.
I want to see the finished product so bad because I still prefer the 3GS bare naked. Kits just seem to make it look bulky. Hopefully, I won't hate my car.
Old 01-21-10, 05:57 PM
1STLXS
Lexus Test Driver

I would be going crazy not being able to drive my car for that long but you have your wife's car right. You took over her vehicle

I was trying to find someone to install and paint my kit since I have a business trip next week and will be out of town for 3 days and I thought that would be the perfect time to have it done. I wouldn't miss it but the guy who i had found decided to close shop not enough business and he came highly recommend by some local members. So my search continues.......

I think it will look good but I know what you mean about liking the bare 3gs. The only problem that I have with the car has been the front, I wish they would have kept the front even across the bottom, bugged me so bad that I had to get a kit (lol).
Can't wait to see it, even if it's raining go into a parking garage and take some pics for your buddies here
Old 01-22-10, 06:56 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Finally got the car back and snapped a few shots. Car is dirty but I couldn't wait for a real shoot.
First time I saw it I thought it was hot. After several hours I have cooled down and I think it looks alright. Y'all know me though, takes a few days before I really know how much I like it.
One thing, it has that oem look and that's something I like. That means it doesn't stand out too much.
Anyway, here's some pics:

Oh, I think the color matching is spot on. Looks just like it rolled off the assembly line. They fixed the slight imperfctions on the front but didn't fix the 2 slight ones on the rear. They are so slight I ain't complaining but they asked me to bring it back next week to fix them. I'll probably fix them myself. Just a little sanding of clear is needed.
The guys said the kit is very good quality and that's nice to know....so anyone who wants one need not worry about the quality. Price keeps going up though. Long got it for 400. I got it for 575 plus shipping. Who knows what it will be in a few months.

Last edited by Ice350; 01-22-10 at 07:13 PM.
Old 01-22-10, 07:24 PM
1STLXS
Lexus Test Driver

Looks hot. The color match looks very good and your right about it having that OEM feel. It flows very nice.

I will only point out one thing that stands out to me: It looks like the corner of the front lip could have been raised about a 1/4" or so of an inch to match the existing line of the bumper, you might be able to adjust that yourself. But overall I think it looks good

Good call on installing it!

Post some more pics after you wash it
Old 01-22-10, 07:32 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1STLXS
Looks hot. The color match looks very good and your right about it having that OEM feel. It flows very nice.

I will only point out one thing that stands out to me: It looks like the corner of the front lip could have been raised about a 1/4" or so of an inch to match the existing line of the bumper, you might be able to adjust that yourself. But overall I think it looks good

Good call on installing it!

Post some more pics after you wash it
I belive the front is on correctly and can't be raised. I surely can't change it. Thses guys bolt down every kit they install whether it's made that way or not. My tech guys play it safe and go beyond the call of duty to install kits safely. It's on tight.
Old 01-22-10, 07:37 PM
ItsChris
Lead Lap

Looks good man ! very nice and smooth flow to it !I think this kit is one of the better kits for the 3rd gen hands down !
Old 01-22-10, 07:41 PM
bonafyd
Lexus Test Driver

Looks good...lower it a tad & your golden
Old 01-22-10, 07:42 PM
1STLXS
Lexus Test Driver

I hope I can find a shop here that will do the quality job that your shop does, it definitely shows. I think it looks 10x better and I thought your car looked good to begin with.

What does the wife think?

Quick Reply: Body Kit Thread