GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

I can see better in the dark

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-10, 10:37 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

teaser pics for now. i'll take some better pics tomorrow.

Old 01-30-10, 10:58 PM
1STLXS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Storm
It look freaking hot. I say well worth the money (IMO). I will be saving for that mod. Very clean looking, great job.
Who installed for you, Dealer? or some other automotive place.
Old 01-31-10, 01:57 AM
mysteryan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice. You should at least change your parking light so it would match better.
Old 01-31-10, 06:39 AM
ItsChris
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dayam storm, that looks WAY better then the stock oem one ! Good job man ! Where did you mount the switch?
Old 01-31-10, 06:48 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks really good. Well worth the change. Curious to see how they help out driving at night.
Old 01-31-10, 08:20 AM
RC51TOFUMA
Lead Lap

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

I get my GS back Tuesday.....
my buddy said it was MOSTLY plug-n-play exception that the wiring was meant for the JDM GS (battery is on opposite side)......

He had to run extra wire...under the hood.
Old 01-31-10, 08:20 AM
RC51TOFUMA
Lead Lap

StormForge are you going to change your 4300k to 5000 or 6000k?
Old 01-31-10, 08:44 AM
LexFather

MORE PICS NOW OR IMMEDIATE BAN!!!

Dude, simply sick!! It seems the headlights are dimmer in the 2nd pic, is that right or is it the flash.

I got your e-mail but been so busy just checked this out. Fantastic job.
Old 01-31-10, 10:02 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by 1STLXS
Storm
It look freaking hot. I say well worth the money (IMO). I will be saving for that mod. Very clean looking, great job.
Who installed for you, Dealer? or some other automotive place.
thx for the prop. dealer? no way! dealer wouldn't be able to figure out the mess (more on this later). i had a car audio install shop do this for me, because I knew there were gonna be problems with wiring and such.

Originally Posted by mysteryan
Very nice. You should at least change your parking light so it would match better.
yes, i plan to.

Originally Posted by ItsChris
dayam storm, that looks WAY better then the stock oem one ! Good job man ! Where did you mount the switch?
thx! so you wanna know where i mounted the switch eh? hang on, i will post install pics soon, you'll see soon enough!

Originally Posted by RC51TOFUMA
I get my GS back Tuesday.....
my buddy said it was MOSTLY plug-n-play exception that the wiring was meant for the JDM GS (battery is on opposite side)......

He had to run extra wire...under the hood.
yup, extra wire needed to run into the firewall for the DRL switch; there is no plug-n-play harness for the DRL harness to connect to. btw, where did you mount your DRL switch?

Originally Posted by RC51TOFUMA
StormForge are you going to change your 4300k to 5000 or 6000k?
i'm guessing you are referring to the HID headlamps? haven't decided yet. i will let the HID fogs burn in for 100 hrs or so before i make that decision.

for those of you who are wondering why RC51TOFUMA asked that question, it does seem like the HID fogs are whiter in color than the HID headlamps. the HID headlamps look somewhat yellow in comparison. which suggests that upgrading my HID headlamps to 5000K or 6000K HID bulbs maybe required. i'm going to let the HID fogs burn in for awhile before i decide to swap in higher K bulbs.

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
MORE PICS NOW OR IMMEDIATE BAN!!!

Dude, simply sick!! It seems the headlights are dimmer in the 2nd pic, is that right or is it the flash.
thx mike! geez, what's with all the bans? even henry wanted to ban me too for not posting up pics fast enough! lol! yup, headights are not as bright as HID fogs. i may consider swapping out HID headlamp bulbs if after the burn in time, there is still a color mismatch.

i received the install pics from my installer, will post up sometimes later today. more pics of fogs also later today

Last edited by Stormforge; 01-31-10 at 10:06 AM.
Old 01-31-10, 03:39 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Before I post the install pics, I would like to thank the following people:

- Rominl for his advice and brainstorming sessions on MSN regarding the HID fogs, bugging him every night when he has better stuff to do than chat with me!
- Audiolines Mobile Sound for the fog light install (thx Jason and Roger). I recommend these guys for all audio upgrades and modifications that are electrical in nature. their website: http://www.audiolines.ca/

Install pics below. Sorry for the small size of the pics, that's that I was given. But you should get the general idea of what went behind the install for the HID fogs.

Some notes on the install:
- the metal brackets that came with the HID kit was not used. instead new brackets were fabricated to hold the ballasts.
- new brackets mount in the same location using existing holes; the JDM brackets require drilling extra holes into the bumper rebar which the installers decided was not a good idea.
- the fogs basically clip into the factory location with one bracket to bolt them in.
- relays were mounted to the inside of the drivers fender skirt with stainless hardware and all of the harnesses were plug and play, aside from the DRL trigger which had to be run into the interior through a factory grommet on the driver's side.

Better quality pics of the fogs and DRL to come.

Last edited by Stormforge; 01-31-10 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-31-10, 05:21 PM
lucasb7
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow it looks great! You need to do another set of nice pictures. Your h looks amazing and I want to see it in every post. You should pull a I8ABMR and post your h in every thread.
Old 01-31-10, 05:52 PM
RC51TOFUMA
Lead Lap

Default HID Fog bulbs

Are you going to upgrade the HID Fog bulbs to a 5000 or 6000k?
Old 01-31-10, 06:51 PM
Kendrick07
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice!
Old 01-31-10, 10:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

looking veyr good man, congrats!
Old 02-01-10, 11:03 AM