GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

bummer

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-10, 08:29 PM
StrannikMD
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Similar problem happened to me 2 days ago with my LG phone - BT would not connect, but the phone calls would still show up on navy screen. I paired it again, and it worked fine since. My phone is on the list, even tho it doesn't do everything it is supposed to do (like caller ID). And what they said about not working after 3 weeks sounds like a total BS to me. If it worked, and there were no software updates to the car or the phone, it should still work.
Old 02-02-10, 08:33 PM
ivanz
Lead Lap

Ok, apparently the Storm 2 has the same problem on ANY bluetooth device (headset, car, handsfree kit). A google search of "storm 2 bluetooth issues" always lead to the problem you are having. The solution is the following:

Help

connected my storm 2 about two weeks ago to my nissan navara when I got it, the bluetooth connection worked fine, happy days I thought!! however I have encountered a problem, as soon as I start the car and the phone connects to the bluetooth the car phone starts ringing as if I was recieving an in coming call I cannot do anything at this stage - the only thing I can do is to switch off the bluetooth connection,
ok this is a common problem for blackberry's and firmware updates (it happened on mine when i updated and when i downgraded my o/s)
what you need to do is delete the pairing between your phone and your car kit and do a battery pull
when your phone has restarted re-pair the phone with the car
then go into your connection setings (the signal bar in the top right hand corner)
select the bluetooth options and click on the car kit on the menu that pops up select device properties
(you need to have your bluetooth on but not connected to the car kit for this!!!!)

ok you should then have a new page with your car kit's name at the top
select the following options

TRUSTED = yes (this means that you don't have to keep clicking connect every time you get in)

ENCRYPTION = disabled (this means that your phone and car kit are talking in plain language)

ECHO CONTROL = off (this means that the phone isn't trying to stop the sound of the speaker feeding back through the microphone (99% of car kits are duplex so they already do this) and cutting the conversation for both you and the other person)

ok then click your blackberry button and click save

next just for luck do another battery pull (to be honest you dont always have to but i've found that on some kits it helps loads)

then connect to the car kit and make a test call

hope this helps you out

Got that from: http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=44851
Old 02-03-10, 04:51 PM
sherwoodgs
Driver School Candidate

thanks for all your help guys. i pulled my battery this morning and it worked again. go figure. if i have to pull my battery every few weeks i guess it's worth it.