GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

bummer

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-10, 09:49 AM
sherwoodgs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bummer

i purchased a 2007 GS 350 a month ago because i needed the bluetooth technology and navigation for the work i do. when i got the car i paired it to my verizon blackberry storm 2 and it worked great for 3 weeks. then i started having problems. i went by my lexus dealership and they told me that the storm 2 is not compatible with my car. bummer......
my question is has anyone found a way around this? i dont want to get a new phone i love the storm 2. they did tell me that the storm 1 works with my car. i am considering going back to the storm 1 with the upgraded software and maybe that will work? any advice?
Old 02-02-10, 10:09 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

check out this thread. Might be of some help on some tips of how to push the contacts to the car and also gives a list of compatible phones
Old 02-02-10, 10:09 AM
ivanz
Lead Lap

If it worked fine then its either the phone has gone bad, phone software updated caused it, or the Lexus bluetooth system has developed an issue.
I don't have a single compatible phone yet 3 of them worked fine. Bluetooth hands free is a standard which all phones with bluetooth follow...extra features like transferring contacts, battery/signal level make the phone "compatible" according to Lexus.
Old 02-02-10, 10:43 AM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Add Cingular 2125 to that list too. It works but doesn't display everything like signal strength and can't transfer the entire phone book over, have to send one by one and at times it drop the connection.

I tried with another phone, Nokia something. The bluetooth connection would drop and reconnect constantly. I had to switch back to my 2125, at least the connection was constant.
Old 02-02-10, 11:20 AM
98OysterES
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sherwoodgs
i purchased a 2007 GS 350 a month ago because i needed the bluetooth technology and navigation for the work i do. when i got the car i paired it to my verizon blackberry storm 2 and it worked great for 3 weeks. then i started having problems. i went by my lexus dealership and they told me that the storm 2 is not compatible with my car. bummer......
my question is has anyone found a way around this? i dont want to get a new phone i love the storm 2. they did tell me that the storm 1 works with my car. i am considering going back to the storm 1 with the upgraded software and maybe that will work? any advice?
I can confirm that the STORM 1, with the latest software update works with my 2007 GS350 AWD /Nav (NO ML). I have mine synced to my car, also I have pushed my entire contacts list to the car with no problem!

--Antonio
Old 02-02-10, 01:32 PM
sherwoodgs
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 98OysterES
I can confirm that the STORM 1, with the latest software update works with my 2007 GS350 AWD /Nav (NO ML). I have mine synced to my car, also I have pushed my entire contacts list to the car with no problem!

--Antonio
antonio-
thanks but that perplexes me. i have a storm 1 that i am considering going back to see it works with my GS. however, if i upgrade my old storm 1 to the latest software, then it has exactly the same software as the storm 2, which does not work with the GS...... confusing to say the least.
to answer another one of the posts, they say at the dealership that it's common for the storm 2 to work "sometimes" with the 07 GS350, but there will be connection problems. this is exaclty what happened to me. when i got in my car sometimes when they paired the car would spaz out and think that i was talking......
Old 02-02-10, 01:41 PM
sherwoodgs
Driver School Candidate

i just checked on the Lexus bluetooth compatibilty website and did see that the storm 2 is NOT compatible with the 2007 GS350. too bad i didnt check that before my purchase
Old 02-02-10, 01:50 PM
Rider
Lexus Test Driver

My Storm 1 is fully compatible.
Old 02-02-10, 01:53 PM
ivanz
Lead Lap

Ok, I'm confused as to how your phone instantly became "incompatible" after working fine for 3 weeks. If it worked fine for 3 weeks and started acting up, then something changed in the meantime to cause it. The Lexus list is BS, as tons of phones work fine with the handsfree that aren't on it. They just don't support all the features or weren't out at the time.

...when i got the car i paired it to my verizon blackberry storm 2 and it worked great for 3 weeks. then i started having problems...
Old 02-02-10, 01:56 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Total BS. I have a Storm 2 and it's worked fine for the last 4 months. No problem whatsoever.

I would try to erase the pairing on the phone and re-do it. If all else fails, pull the battery on the Storm 2 and give it another try.
Old 02-02-10, 02:09 PM
sherwoodgs
Driver School Candidate

yeah seems fishy to me too but i am no techno geek and all i know is that my storm 2 no longer works with my car and all lexus is telling me is that they are just not compatible. like i said previously they are saying that it is possible that it will work "sometimes".......

update:
i just spoke to lexus customer service and they say that the vehicle CPU after 3 weeks has finally realized that i have been using an "incompatible device" and has now decided "do whatever it can to stop me from using it". too funny....
he did, however, tell me that my phone is compatible with the 2010 LS.........anyone got $60,000 i can borrow???
Old 02-02-10, 05:09 PM
BinaryJay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

yeah seems fishy to me too but i am no techno geek and all i know is that my storm 2 no longer works with my car and all lexus is telling me is that they are just not compatible. like i said previously they are saying that it is possible that it will work "sometimes".......

update:
i just spoke to lexus customer service and they say that the vehicle CPU after 3 weeks has finally realized that i have been using an "incompatible device" and has now decided "do whatever it can to stop me from using it". too funny....
he did, however, tell me that my phone is compatible with the 2010 LS.........anyone got $60,000 i can borrow???
B.S.

The list of "compatible" devices is simply the list that Lexus has tested and confirmed work. There is nothing that makes them any more compatible than the next phone than they can say for certain that it will work. There are probably thousands of other phones that work fine but they simply cannot test them all so they only test the most popular models at the time the car is in production. Many newer phones will work fine in 06s but will never appear on the 06 compatibility list, for example.
Old 02-02-10, 06:06 PM
ivanz
Lead Lap

How exactly is it not working? You haven't said what the problem is besides "i started having problems."
I had the whole centre unit replaced because it kept losing the phone from the phone list after leaving the car turned off more than a couple of minutes. They gave me similar BS and kept showing me how to pair it insisting I was pairing it wrong or the phone wasn't compatible. After the 3rd visit, they replaced it and it has worked fine ever since.
Old 02-02-10, 08:09 PM
sherwoodgs
Driver School Candidate

to be exact, the phone pairs fine to the car. but when it connects, the navi screen goes directly to the call screen as if i am on a call but i am not. then, i have to hang up the call screen on the car by either hitting the hang up button on the steering wheel or the little red touchscreen hang up icon on the car screen. after that, the connection no longer works. my phome still thinks it is connected to the car bluetooth system so if someone calls the car does nothing and the phone picks up the call but there is no one there because the phone thinks that it is still connected to the car. i then tried 5 or so times to delete the device from the phone and delete the phone from the car and tried over and over again. then i went to the lexus dealership and they basically said that theu could not help me "because my phone was not on their compatible list". you see, that is their way out of having to help me.
Old 02-02-10, 08:12 PM
sherwoodgs
Driver School Candidate

tomorrow i will try to pull the battery again on my phone. i did that today but it did not help. other than that i think i am out of luck. too bad i was just growing fond of that storm 2 despite our rocky relationship (anyone who endured the bugs of the storm 1 before the software upgrade knows what i'm talking about.....pure frustration.....).

Quick Reply: bummer