GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

iSimple iPod interface

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-10, 08:58 AM
ingoodtime
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bigblack06
I was told by best buy that it does not work with the 2006 GS eventhough the product says it works.
My I simple device with Sirius sat receiver works just fine.
I do see flicker of the min/second counterat on the cars touch screen
display but have no issues with sound. And, when I asy flicker
it is more like a blink. I'll have to watch it to check the
frequency of the blink.

Last edited by ingoodtime; 02-13-10 at 06:03 PM.
Old 02-13-10, 10:33 AM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

well they said it may cause the navigation to malfunction so not sure what it is. does anyone have pics of what it looks like in there car with the placement of the cord.
Old 02-13-10, 04:38 PM
JBasco20
Pole Position

doesnt cause any problems with mine..... and i only use Sirius or IPOD i never listen to FM.....and my cord is just in my console so not much to see.... everything else is hidden...
Old 02-14-10, 09:43 AM
98OysterES
Driver

Originally Posted by bigblack06
has anyone heard of this product was looking at bestbuy and they had this product just like the lexus interface it has you use the Am/Sat button. has anyone installed this if not would you install it. product and installation at Best Buy costs $180 product # ISIM71

This is the product link
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/iSimple+...mple&cp=1&lp=5

Had this in my previous car (05 Acura TL)... worked well with no problems ... also hadthe optional HD Radio module ... was a nice addition/alternative to XM.
Old 02-14-10, 03:20 PM
jonnyxboi
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Modeler
GS does not offer the support for the Bluetooth protocol required for streaming music.
Yea, but right now I can stream Pandora through the cassette adapter. I was hoping to be able to use the wiring to run the pandora app and stream music that way.
Old 02-14-10, 03:41 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Is the operation of this exactly the same as the RX400h video on you-tube, or is the interface more similar to the Vais.

Vais seemed simple - you could explain it to your wife. This one seems more complicated - you don't get a list of folders for each Album, and the ability to scroll the screen to browse through the Albums. It seems like you have to turn a wheel and scan which is less intuitive I think.

Can anyone verify?
Old 02-14-10, 04:06 PM
gsexy300
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jonnyxboi
Yea, but right now I can stream Pandora through the cassette adapter. I was hoping to be able to use the wiring to run the pandora app and stream music that way.
Ooh, i'd REALLY like to do that. How does it sound? Is this off your Ipod or Iphone? or Blackberry?
Old 02-15-10, 10:06 AM
jonnyxboi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gsexy300
Ooh, i'd REALLY like to do that. How does it sound? Is this off your Ipod or Iphone? or Blackberry?
I have an iphone. The sound isn't bad but it just looks kind of ghetto to hook up my phone to the cassette adapter.

How is the sound quality with the isimple unit?
Old 02-15-10, 11:40 AM
cdxsuprace
Driver School Candidate

How is the sound quality with the isimple unit?
Had it installed a few days ago. It sounds great. Just as good as my mp3 CD. More clearer than AUX.
Old 03-09-10, 04:18 PM
Brian06
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for all the info. I just ordered one.
Old 03-11-10, 08:50 PM
Bambigular
Rookie

I'm glad someone posted info on this kit. It was between this kit and the vais, but the iSimple seems to do all the things the basic vais unit does but its less expensive. I didn't see this question in any of the post, so I'll ask...when the i pod is hooked up can you still manually look for song on the i pod or it is strictly through steering wheel controls?
Old 03-11-10, 10:52 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I went to get this my parent's es350 today, but all atlanta area best buys are sold out. The website is sold out too.
Old 03-12-10, 05:22 AM
JRandall
Driver School Candidate

My Isimple unit has a standard headphone plug in addition to the ipod interface cable. You can plug this into your blackberry and stream pandora. You just have to switch the sat channel to Aux 2 or something like that. This is also useful if you would rather use the ipods controls instead of the car radio controls. I personally think the cars interface makes it a little difficult to navigate through the ipod.
Old 03-12-10, 05:26 AM
JRandall
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Bambigular
I'm glad someone posted info on this kit. It was between this kit and the vais, but the iSimple seems to do all the things the basic vais unit does but its less expensive. I didn't see this question in any of the post, so I'll ask...when the i pod is hooked up can you still manually look for song on the i pod or it is strictly through steering wheel controls?
When you have the sat channel tuned to "ipod" so you can control the ipod with the car radio controls, you can not use the ipod controls. However you can plug the included headphone plug into the ipod instead of the ipod interface cable, tune the sat channel to "aux 2", and use the ipods controls.
Old 03-12-10, 05:30 AM
JRandall
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by batman75
Is the operation of this exactly the same as the RX400h video on you-tube, or is the interface more similar to the Vais.

Vais seemed simple - you could explain it to your wife. This one seems more complicated - you don't get a list of folders for each Album, and the ability to scroll the screen to browse through the Albums. It seems like you have to turn a wheel and scan which is less intuitive I think.

Can anyone verify?
It is definately a little complicated to navigate through. Especially since it only displays a limited number of characters for the albums, artists, songs, etc.

I haven't found a way to play podcasts or audiobooks without bypassing the ipod interface and using the headphone plug.

Quick Reply: iSimple iPod interface