GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

ect button help?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-10, 10:24 PM
TWong350

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jay's a good guy. He's just sarcastic at times. It's all in good fun. Let's relax guys.

Now to the OP, hopefully all the answers have answered your question. I myself, always leave it in Power mode.
Old 03-07-10, 01:42 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

any reasons why TWong?
Old 03-07-10, 08:36 AM
TWong350

Personal preference, I suppose? I prefer it shifting at higher RPM. I find myself not stepping down on the accelerator as far. When in normal mode, I find that I end up stepping on it more. I notice no difference in fuel economy either.
Old 03-07-10, 08:45 AM
BinaryJay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by NiceGS300
maybe ur jus an ignorant idiot binaryjay w.e. ur punk azz name is i guess ur one of these tuff guys who like to talk big thru a computer u must be a really weak pathetic person who needs to add there dumb 2cents and talk trash instead of giving sum advice when im just asking a question and trying to be safe using my car ur a lame keep it moving
Give me a break, it was funny. I never considered a name implying being a computer geek (I'm a software engineer) would have any connotations about being a tough guy.

If you really want some advice from me, consult this handy internet intelligibility guide:

1) Capital letters go at the beginning of sentences so we know when you're starting to make a point. At least, we can make that assumption.
2) Periods go at the end of sentences. This will signal to us that you're done trying to make a point.
3)You're. I know it's a few more letters than ur, but the effort is appreciated.
4)Just. Jus is juice in french.
5)Z is not a suitable substitution for S.
6)Tough. Though, Tuff is definitely tougher sounding.
7)Through instead of thru. It's easy to get confused between this and Thorough, but you'll get the hang of it.
8)Some. The sum of my advice normally adds up to be greater than it's parts.
9) Their. What's over there?
10) I'm. Another case of one more keystroke that might give the illusion of intelligence, or at the very least lessen the impression of apathy.
11) UR A LAME. I know you are, but what am I?

Now, we're all guilty of being lazy on some of these points but it's worth pointing it out when you find a collection of failures so aptly compressed together into one run on sentence. But anyhow, if you're done slaughtering the English language and making yourself look like you're still living with mom and surfing the internet for acne cures we can move on.

Excuse me, I have to get back to bench pressing my 10lb weights and thinking of more exciting new ways to be sarcastic and insulting.
Old 03-07-10, 09:14 AM
Rider
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ you got lots of free time i guess lol
Old 03-07-10, 01:03 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by BinaryJay
Give me a break, it was funny. I never considered a name implying being a computer geek (I'm a software engineer) would have any connotations about being a tough guy.

If you really want some advice from me, consult this handy internet intelligibility guide:

1) Capital letters go at the beginning of sentences so we know when you're starting to make a point. At least, we can make that assumption.
2) Periods go at the end of sentences. This will signal to us that you're done trying to make a point.
3)You're. I know it's a few more letters than ur, but the effort is appreciated.
4)Just. Jus is juice in french.
5)Z is not a suitable substitution for S.
6)Tough. Though, Tuff is definitely tougher sounding.
7)Through instead of thru. It's easy to get confused between this and Thorough, but you'll get the hang of it.
8)Some. The sum of my advice normally adds up to be greater than it's parts.
9) Their. What's over there?
10) I'm. Another case of one more keystroke that might give the illusion of intelligence, or at the very least lessen the impression of apathy.
11) UR A LAME. I know you are, but what am I?

Now, we're all guilty of being lazy on some of these points but it's worth pointing it out when you find a collection of failures so aptly compressed together into one run on sentence. But anyhow, if you're done slaughtering the English language and making yourself look like you're still living with mom and surfing the internet for acne cures we can move on.

Excuse me, I have to get back to bench pressing my 10lb weights and thinking of more exciting new ways to be sarcastic and insulting.
maybe he's asian? some of us have a hard time with grammar... sorta like if you were to learn spanish you'd miss a few letters here and there.... or latin, and be off by a few words also

anywho, you've REALLY got a lot of time on your hands huh jayjay? LOL
Old 03-07-10, 01:24 PM
gsexy300
Pole Position

Learn to use the search button first. One step at a time.
Is the search button next to ECT button? Is it in the hidden Dash pod popout next to the AFS switch? That blank, unlabeled one?
Old 03-07-10, 01:31 PM
arnieosp
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Seems to me Jay was 100% right when he suggested using the "search" feature. Why going over the same topic over and over again? So, NiceGS300's lashing out at Jay and calling him names was absolutely not deserved and uncalled for.

As far as grammar is concerned, since I am a foreigner also, I'm willing to forgive it, providing the the person is literate in at least his native language.
Old 03-07-10, 10:42 PM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 03-07-10, 11:52 PM
ivanz
Lead Lap

I agree, use the search button. Likewise, read the manual, it tells you exactly what it does. We really don't need a topic for questions directly answered by the manual, as it just shows a lack of respect for other forum members and makes you appear impatient.
Likewise, please use standard English. I can only imagine somebody who doesn't understand English that well not being able to understand a word of your second post. That also shows a lack of respect for others.
So I would have to agree with BinaryJay's response. Especially after your reply.
Old 03-09-10, 12:00 AM
NiceGS300
Rookie

Default hahahahaha

hahahaha Jay really is a lame and a joke and this is the computer so i will talk slang and abreviate i really dont need to impress a punk like you and i will continue to use run on sentences lmao u have to much time nice little rule booklet u made maybe if you put that much time into your work you would make more money at your job and wouldnt be so mad a sarcastic at the world good job 10pound weights sounds good for a puzzy like you that probably cant get a girl hahhahaha
Old 03-09-10, 02:59 AM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

K you 2 love birds, done bashing each other?
Old 03-09-10, 06:13 AM
BinaryJay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by NiceGS300
hahahaha Jay really is a lame and a joke and this is the computer so i will talk slang and abreviate i really dont need to impress a punk like you and i will continue to use run on sentences lmao u have to much time nice little rule booklet u made maybe if you put that much time into your work you would make more money at your job and wouldnt be so mad a sarcastic at the world good job 10pound weights sounds good for a puzzy like you that probably cant get a girl hahhahaha
I wish I could, but I'm married and she hates when I try. Then again, this "is the computer" - I kan dos wutever I feelz liek cuz iz not reals lief! Okay, back to the topic - rtfm k thx bie.
Old 03-09-10, 06:57 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Come on guys...

Rominl can you merge the ECT/Power/Snow mode threads into one master thread and we can place it in the FAQ Thread. There are several and they all touch a different area so it would be good to have all this info in one spot. Thanks!
Old 03-09-10, 07:32 AM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Maybe he made the mistake of pressing the big red self destruct button in a previous lexus and now he's shy (and lost most of his mental faculties at the time).
:lol:

In PWR mode, I find that when step a little hard on the brake will cause the RPM to jump too.

Quick Reply: ect button help?