GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

plan after new GS comes out

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-10, 04:44 PM
Bushwack
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Infiniti (most likely) will earn my business in a couple months. I like the new M and from what I've read thus far, it has the balance of a soft/sporty ride that I like in a car. My GS350 isolates the road too much to allow me to be mildly aggressive at times.

Also, *I* don't think Toyota is being forthright with the 'acceleration' problems they are having (I think its electrical/software related, not a problem with floor mats or accelerator pedals). Toyota's ego won't admit that its a software/electrical problem. And since many software components are shared, my trust in the company has diminished.
Old 03-09-10, 05:57 PM
stvincent
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

GS-F! keeping my fingers crossed
Old 03-09-10, 06:01 PM
ReyRey305
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the GS-F comes out soon then I will definitely go with that ! I was looking into IS-F but I really don't fit that well in an IS... I might be getting a job with Infinity so if that works out, I'm thinking there might be a possibility of getting an Infinit...

But I still love my GS 350 !!!!!
Old 03-09-10, 11:32 PM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My current plan is to keep my low mileage GS. It's paid off for a while and I really like how it looks and drives...
Old 03-10-10, 03:06 AM
stefanati
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've just bought the extended guarantee for my 2007 GSh. So I have two more years with the car, than I'll have to change. I don't want to experience a failure with the hybrid system without having a guarantee on the car.....

I'll be interested in the new GSh or maybe GS-F!!!!
Old 03-10-10, 03:17 AM
spyuae
Driver

I love my car is impossible to change it GS430 (06)
maybe ISF
Old 03-10-10, 02:29 PM
BLAQ ICE
Driver

Lease is up in June 2010.....Moving over to Audi (A5 S-Line). Lexus has been great, but I personally think they have got to think younger and more cutting edge. There are FORD's and HONDA's driving around with more audio/nav tech in them than the current GS'. Lexus is thinking old people drive their cars. Younger people are attracted to Lexus' too and have high paying jobs to afford them. I sometimes think I have the only car on the road with a tape deck in it.

Why don't the rear seats fold down? "Old people don't need the trunk space." No ski/snowboard/bike rack for GS. Old people don't do those types of activities. LEXUS needs to get young.

Will probably come back as Lexus progresses toward younger, modern, contemporary designs, and specs. 2015 GSF.

I have to say Lexus did launch the F-Sport series. Good job on that, took forever though.
Old 03-10-10, 02:40 PM
BLAQ ICE
Driver

The M is also attractive but I prefer something a little more proven like an Audi which is rating higher on build quality. My 2006 GS' Consumer Report rating has been dropping since those rattling problems have been occurring.
Attached Thumbnails plan after new GS comes out-infin-m56s.jpg  
Old 03-10-10, 03:00 PM
BLAQ ICE
Driver

The S-Line A5 fits my upcoming lifestyle of a modern, minimalist look:

I loved my GS it made me feel all the hard work I've done in life paid off. But long term option of buying I feel I would not get the value out of it-diminishing returns.
Attached Thumbnails plan after new GS comes out-a5-2011-blaq-ice.jpg   plan after new GS comes out-iphone-pix-055.jpg  
Old 03-10-10, 05:04 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

s5 is pretty good choice,,,its pretty rare in the market as well,,,
Old 03-10-10, 05:07 PM
mysteryan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not too fond of the S5's interior. The Benz E-Class Coupe is nice though.
Old 03-10-10, 09:50 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

fire sale everything and buy a z06.
Old 03-11-10, 07:12 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by batman75
Interesting. I like all the redesigns in this class. I think they are all better than their predecessors (not hard in the case of BMW!). I particularly like the look of the new M56 and the new 550. Benz I am less hot on but think it's much better than the old E.
To me they got busier and bigger. This is the 2nd 5 series in a row I am not a fan of. I am scared the next GS is going to follow suite. However people do like them like you and styling is subjective most of the time.
Old 03-12-10, 10:24 AM
vuiskool
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

keeping this baby until i'm in and out of med school and debt free!
Old 03-12-10, 06:06 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by batman75
1) First of all if it is good looking then I will consider it. If it looks ugly or Toyota-esque like the HS or the 2GS then I wont bother.

2) If good looking, I will check out the interior and the specs. Its will need to have an interior at least as nice as the current LS. If it gets a lesser interior, then it won't compare to latest M56 or 550i which are furnished to flagship standards (metal buttons and switches, lots of wood, leather lined dash). I will also look at tech features, and I will want latest gadgets like an around-view monitor, effective iPhone integration with ability to sync contacts, a usable dial-by-voice function on par with Microsoft Sync, easy to sync audio system, wide touchscreen monitor with 3D nav, traffic, weather and information. I would also want a paddle shifter with rev-matching and a nice exhaust.

3) If it passes 1 and 2, I will test drive it, and if it drives well - i.e. does well on my rough local roads, but also handles well for fast cornering on ramps, then I will buy it in the highest performance variety. Relative to the current model main thing is that it should not ride rough on normal city streets. LS460 Sport like suspension would make me very happy.

If it doesn't meet the bar on either criterion 1, 2 or 3, I will choose either an Infiniti M56S or a BMW 550i. I am fairly certain the 2011 550i will most of my three of my criteria, but I prefer Lexus if it also meets these criteria. The only criteria BMW misses is it lacks touchscreen, however iDrive doesn't have a motion lock-out which is a plus over Lexus.
Personally i don't see anything wrong with the design of the 2GS.. It holds it own and looks better in the design catagory than most 2010 model vehicles.. Just my opionion..

Quick Reply: plan after new GS comes out