GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

I've had it with Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-10, 08:01 AM
ramair57
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've had it with Lexus

Smell the coffee, our cars are just as prone to the shoddy accelerator design as any other Toyota. How can you guys ignore this?? This is not something trivial like a squeeky dash or the "use of cheap plastics on the door". This is a serious problem with an ACCELERATOR!! Conspiracy...are u kidding me?? Give me a break? Toyota has come forward and admitted they screwed up - right from the mouth of the CEO. This is no joke; this is a matter where people are losing lives. How dare anyone trivialize the loss of lives; someones sister, brother, mother, etc etc has passed because of a blatantly dangerous design. If you guys think this is some conspiracy -how come no reports have been made about Kia, Hyundai, BMW, Merecedes, Audi, Jaguar, etc etc etc. Wake up guys, Toyota has manufactured dangerous cars. This is my first Lexus; a brand new GS 350, and I will NEVER own another. From the dash rattling since day one, to the driver door that doesnt seem to want to shut correctly, to the inexplicable fogging of all my windows EVERY time it is cold outside, to the seat heaters that just dont work - this is the worst quality new car I have ever owned. If anything, I say the "quality" image of Toyota and Lexus is the conspiracy here, not the other way around. My BMW 5 series NEVER had an issue; if you dont want to buy American, so be it, but dont pretend Lexus is still a good car. Buy a BMW, Merc, Audi, or Jag; I certainly will
Old 03-15-10, 08:03 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Evidently you know nothing about the recall...
Old 03-15-10, 08:05 AM
ramair57
Driver School Candidate

Give it time, Lexus will be recalled soon. They can deny it all they want, but more and more reports of Lexus cars being involved are creeping up. The blinders are still on I see, lol
Old 03-15-10, 08:09 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

So, I'm sure you already know that the company who builds Lexus accelerator pedals is different from the one that build's Toyota accelerator pedals...right?

Surely nobody would make a post like yours and judge someone else before they had that information...
Old 03-15-10, 08:15 AM
ramair57
Driver School Candidate

Well aware of that fact; it has already been discussed in a previous thread. However, for one reason or another, Lexus is still being affected. Maybe its a chip, who knows at this point, but nevertheless its becoming a problem. In any event, the potential accelerator problem is just the tip of the iceberg of the worst new car experience I have ever had.
Old 03-15-10, 08:23 AM
Rider
Lexus Test Driver

SELL you car and stop whining.
Old 03-15-10, 08:26 AM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rider
amen to that,,
Old 03-15-10, 08:26 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 788 Likes on 552 Posts

The problem is stupid people but they can't go out and say it. You're in the parking lot, you step on the "brake" and the car lunges forward. Probably wasn't the brake.
Old 03-15-10, 08:27 AM
ramair57
Driver School Candidate

Believe me guys, I wish I could sell it. Im locked in for 3 years. After that, never again! I cant even imagine the problems that this car is going to have after it has a few thousand miles of wear and tear on it.
Old 03-15-10, 08:30 AM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

it's ok OP, lexus has had it with you and decided to put faulty accelerator pedals only on your gs just to take people like you out of the gene pool

PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!111

Originally Posted by Allen K
The problem is stupid people but they can't go out and say it. You're in the parking lot, you step on the "brake" and the car lunges forward. Probably wasn't the brake.
Also known as Audi 5000. The brake pedal and the gas pedal were so close that people kept stepping on them at the same time.

Last edited by ElitistK; 03-15-10 at 08:35 AM.
Old 03-15-10, 08:30 AM
denut-L
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rider
X2

Originally Posted by Allen K
LOL I heard of people doing this
Old 03-15-10, 08:33 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 788 Likes on 552 Posts

Leasetrader.com or Swapalease.com if your car is a lease. If there's a will there's a way.
Old 03-15-10, 08:34 AM
ingoodtime
Pole Position

my wife bought a cpo 2007 ES350.
The pedal issue was
"repaired" prior to us buying the car as part
of the refurb process. So yes, Lexus is affected.
I am enjoying my GS300 and yes, it has
some flaws. For such an expensive car, it is missing a few
things that should have been standard for that model year and car cost. Things like an MP3 player and mirrors
with blinkers. You can not live on past reputation
forever.
Old 03-15-10, 08:37 AM
ramair57
Driver School Candidate

Wow, I was assuming a Lexus forum would have some degree of intellect involved with the postings. I guess I will no longer make such assumptions. Put me down all you wish, but my points about my car are valid nonetheless. Is it acceptable for a brand new almost 55K car to squeek like a Fischer Price wagon? It is embarassing when my passengers ask me "what is that noise?". I have had more problems on this car than any Ive ever owned, and its only been several months. Based on statistics, I realize I will almost positively never encounter an acceleration problem. However, that does not excuse the countless other problems Ive encountered with this car (see original post for "the list" of Lexus quality). I've owned BMW, Merc, and now Lexus...rest assured guys, the difference is HUGE.
Old 03-15-10, 08:39 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ramair57
Well aware of that fact; it has already been discussed in a previous thread. However, for one reason or another, Lexus is still being affected. Maybe its a chip, who knows at this point, but nevertheless its becoming a problem. In any event, the potential accelerator problem is just the tip of the iceberg of the worst new car experience I have ever had.
The GS does not have this issue because its a different manufacturer.

Quick Reply: I've had it with Lexus