GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

AWD vibration/ wobble

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-10, 05:53 PM
gs350on22s
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AWD vibration/ wobble

so is everyone with AWD still putting up with that vibration/ wobble with aftermarket springs lol?
Old 03-22-10, 06:21 PM
telmz1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

pretty much. I used to be scared of spiders....now I fear stop signs, red lights, and traffic.

Last edited by telmz1; 03-22-10 at 11:56 PM.
Old 03-22-10, 09:09 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You could always go stock. Personally I think function is more important than looks.
Old 03-23-10, 02:13 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I have read a good number of posts about vibrating dropped AWD cars. I can imagine trying to make it work. Sometimes I wonder what the car would feel like if I mounted the stock lexus suspension again........but then I see the dude at the car wash driving my car around and I think DAMMMM my car looks HOT. I went into a discount tire yesterday to have something checked and I was so impressed to see what my car look like when its rolling. Very nice if I do say so myself
Old 03-23-10, 03:57 PM
phatz
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

screw the wobble. it aint that bad. i just dropped it on tein s-techs. it used to wobble when i accelerate [ not that bad, but i noticed] when i did my 20s last week it stopped right away. now only shakes a bit when im stopped at redlight/stop sign etc etc.
Old 03-23-10, 04:13 PM
Paul_in_PA
Rookie

I am not sure what the "wobble" is . . . but I get a little more vibration - and it's not that bad. Mind you, I am not referring to "rattles" (like the sound of a misfit interior piece) rather it is just a ever so slight low frequency vibration that is barely felt more than it is actually heard. Almost as if you had a V8 instead of the silky smooth lexus engine.
Old 03-23-10, 05:31 PM
gs350on22s
Lead Lap

its a weird freaking wobble, it feels like on certain times when you accelerate its there and goes away lol weird. its not that bad when i am on stocks, but the 22s staggered enhance it. when i am on 22s i always drive with the traction off which makes it a lot smoother.
tam i know what your saying haha, i think like that also but the difference is that i would never have a car wash guy drive my car around. i let my friend take it around because you always gotta see how your car looks in motion
p.s once i get a chance to clean the car nice take pics and edit a video i will post it right up .
Old 03-23-10, 09:47 PM
stvincent
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by phatz
screw the wobble. it aint that bad. i just dropped it on tein s-techs. it used to wobble when i accelerate [ not that bad, but i noticed] when i did my 20s last week it stopped right away. now only shakes a bit when im stopped at redlight/stop sign etc etc.
i had tein s-tech also.. i guess it really depends on the car. i had same wobble with or without my 20s..

Originally Posted by Paul_in_PA
I am not sure what the "wobble" is . . . but I get a little more vibration - and it's not that bad. Mind you, I am not referring to "rattles" (like the sound of a misfit interior piece) rather it is just a ever so slight low frequency vibration that is barely felt more than it is actually heard. Almost as if you had a V8 instead of the silky smooth lexus engine.
seems like F-sports springs are not bad at all, but they don't really give you aggressive drop.

i envy RWD owners..
Old 03-24-10, 04:39 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

heh yeah RWD is awesome. I have not seen another 350RWD in NY yet. All of them are AWD, I kinda feel unique lol
Old 03-24-10, 04:44 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

had i known about this prior to buying my GS i would of defintily bought a rwd.
Old 03-24-10, 02:18 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by gs350on22s
its a weird freaking wobble, it feels like on certain times when you accelerate its there and goes away lol weird. its not that bad when i am on stocks, but the 22s staggered enhance it. when i am on 22s i always drive with the traction off which makes it a lot smoother.
tam i know what your saying haha, i think like that also but the difference is that i would never have a car wash guy drive my car around. i let my friend take it around because you always gotta see how your car looks in motion
p.s once i get a chance to clean the car nice take pics and edit a video i will post it right up .

I am excited to see that sexy GS with the drop , custom grille, roof spoiler, upgraded sound system,and the 22's. She is a very very rare bird.
Old 03-24-10, 03:16 PM
gs350on22s
Lead Lap

thanks a lot for the compliment tam. i grabbed me some burger king today and ate it double parked in the street and this black gs stopped right by my window looked and kept on driving. it was funny and felt good at the same time lol
*187* i feel you to man, when i purchased this car i didn't want the 350 because i previously had the 01 430, dude was like they are discontinued........ :/
Old 04-18-10, 07:19 AM
gs350on22s
Lead Lap

this idle vibration is so weird, when i warm my car out and take it out the garage the vibration is verrryyyy light as where u cant feel it, and maybe 15 min in to driving it it gets stronger. i feel like it goes by how many people i have in the car or what? by the way whats the reason for this vibration to he happening, is it the engine being lower ??
Old 04-19-10, 09:07 PM
anaq110
Driver

I just dropped my ride on F-Sport springs. Prior to drop I had very light vibration especially in the mornings. After the install those morning vibrations are completely gone. I didn't get an alignment yet and wanted to wait a couple weeks to let the springs settle. Its funny I'm so happy with the improved look but in reality my AWD is slightly lower then stock RWD setup.
Old 05-04-10, 11:20 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by phatz
im about to install s techs...u got any pix i could see?

Quick Reply: AWD vibration/ wobble