GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Boo Hoo...Accident

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-10, 12:42 AM
lex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It makes me sick to my stomach to think that someone would actually drive intoxicated. This is just awful.
Old 03-26-10, 12:48 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

man, i know that feeling. it doesnt matter whether you're at fault or now...accidents in general are bad to experience. my first two cars were total losses from accidents, and im trying to be as careful as possible, but you never know what kinda person is behind the wheel texting/talking on their cell, driving drunk, or just plain driving horribly. better days to come!
Old 03-26-10, 12:51 AM
TofuMaster
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mmm there was a hit n run at my old high school today. some guy in a white escalade hit 1 car, totalled another, and the totalled one hit another (all parked). the guy ran off but some ppl saw him stop a block away to check his car and they took down his plates and called the popo.

good thing u chased him, hit n run ppl are no good
Old 03-26-10, 01:01 AM
n0th1ng
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow that really sucks man..same thing also happend to me couple years back in a parkinglot..
glad your ok and at least it wasnt too much damage...
Old 03-26-10, 03:44 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just woke up and I'm looking forward to going to work.....to get my mind off this event. I am also glad to get that guy off the street. I am pretty sure he was not only drunk but on dope as well.

Thanks everyone, for all the sentiment.
Old 03-26-10, 04:28 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

wow thats crazy. i had the exact same thing happen to me. some lady backed up into my car and took off. i had to chase her down. thankfully i was in the beater and didnt care to much.
Old 03-26-10, 11:32 AM
chachirims
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
wow thats crazy. i had the exact same thing happen to me. some lady backed up into my car and took off. i had to chase her down. thankfully i was in the beater and didnt care to much.
Wow, you chase her down ,beat her and didn't care too much about it, what is this world coming to. LOL JK

Similar thing happened to me here in Miami, had my brand new Lex for 1 week and the dumbass landscaping truck in front of me at the light let his truck roll back and hit my front bumper, he ges out barely speaking English saying he's sorry since I drive an expensive car that I can afford to fix it. I almost got out and beat his *** but he had his young son with him and let it go.

Old 03-26-10, 12:00 PM
BinaryJay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I stopped to get gas the other day, followed a clueless looking lady in a giant SUV. She stopped half way to the far pump leaving no room for me (I hate that). Then I thought she saw me because she moved up a bit. So I moved into place and was just about to turn the car off when out of nowhere she goes into reverse and starts coming right at me... I hoooonked and she slammed the brakes. I got out of the car, looked at her, and she refused to even acknowledge that she did anything at all.

GAWD, why don't people look before they press the gas pedal. If it was a Toyota she was driving and she hit me I'm sure she'd be blaming the car...
Old 03-26-10, 12:06 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by BinaryJay
I stopped to get gas the other day, followed a clueless looking lady in a giant SUV. She stopped half way to the far pump leaving no room for me (I hate that). Then I thought she saw me because she moved up a bit. So I moved into place and was just about to turn the car off when out of nowhere she goes into reverse and starts coming right at me... I hoooonked and she slammed the brakes. I got out of the car, looked at her, and she refused to even acknowledge that she did anything at all.

GAWD, why don't people look before they press the gas pedal. If it was a Toyota she was driving and she hit me I'm sure she'd be blaming the car...
she forgot she's not the only one out there
Old 03-26-10, 02:07 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
she forgot she's not the only one out there
like many of the female drivers on the roads. They love to cruise on the phone, texting, and putting make up on and are totally oblivious to the fact that there are other people around them
Old 03-26-10, 02:15 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Since the grill needs to be replaced, I think I'll look into getting an aftermarket piece. SHould be priced comparative to the stock piece.
Old 03-26-10, 05:51 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Wow reggies sorry to hear what happened.. Just when the car was perfect something like this happens.. never fails..
Old 03-26-10, 06:11 PM
BinaryJay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
like many of the female drivers on the roads. They love to cruise on the phone, texting, and putting make up on and are totally oblivious to the fact that there are other people around them
It's actually illegal to drive while texting or being on the phone without using some kind of handfree system here. She wasn't even on the phone or doing anything, she just decided to go backwards without looking if anything was behind her. At a gas station of all places, where there's always a car behind you.

A cab driver ran over a friend of mine a couple of weeks ago, in the hospital parking lot! Broke his legs. Cab driver was on the phone...
Old 03-26-10, 08:41 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

did you have time to bust out the cameraphone?

i usually keep a buffer between myself and the car in front whether i'm driving or stopped.
Old 03-26-10, 09:15 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The problem with drunk driving laws is the 0.08 threshold. I think the limit should be 0.01. Then you can have zero drinks if you are driving instead of 1 or 2.

The whole notion that people can have one or two before driving makes no sense since most experts will tell you that alcohol diminished your ability to tell whether you are drunk or not.

Personally I practice this approach. If I am driving to dinner, I will drink no alcohol even if my wife wants me to have even one glass. That's the way it should be.

Also handset usage while driving should be punished as a DUI. These days you can get bluetooth systems aftermarket for cheap so there's no excuse.

Quick Reply: Boo Hoo...Accident