GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Boo Hoo...Accident

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-10, 07:04 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Boo Hoo...Accident

I was really hoping not to get a hit on this car. Every car I've had has been in some type of fender bender. Even if it's not my fault, I didn't want to take a hit. It's been 3 years and I thought I had gotten past the point where one usually happens with me. Well, it happened.
I'm at a traffic light stopped. The light turns green. The SUV in front of me does not go forward....instead comes backward toward me.
I put my car in reverse to try avoiding an impact. but there was a car behind me. At least I minimized the damage by going back some.
I jumped out of the car, approached the guy and yelled, "what is wrong with you? You're intoxicated!"
He asked me to take a look at my car, it's not really damaged. I turn toward my car and this guy takes off.
I jumped in my car to give chase. I get his tag and call the cops. They caught the guy and took him to jail for DUI and leaving an accident. The officers tell me he has a previous DUI so he going away for a while.
That doesn't make me feel a lot better. The car isn't hurt real bad. Needs a new grill. The bumper needs some paint. My front lip has a little crack that's prolly gonna get bigger cause that happens to fiberglass sometimes.
I'm okay but I really did not want to take a lick on this car. That's life!
Old 03-25-10, 07:10 PM
SRGS300
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow man that sucks. Thank God you chased him. Is his insurance (if her has any) going to pay for your damages?
Old 03-25-10, 07:22 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

sorry to hear the drama. I remember an old lady parked her car touching my car. I left her a note, she left the scene without contacting me, and I called the cops. They said it was a hit and run technically but that the owner of the car was a 64 year old woman. I thought of my mom and told the cop I didnt want to press charges.

I am sure the driver was tripping out when you immediately asked him if he was intoxicated..

So did have reverse lights on?? Is that why you backed up???? Good luck with repairs and thank god it wasnt worse. God on the way home today 1 mile of road near my neighborhood was closed because a guy in a dump truck ran over 8 motorcycle riders sitting at a stop light. The truck burst into flames right after.
Old 03-25-10, 07:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

omg, sorry to hear that reggie... but it's good that you are ok, and personally, i think you did the right thing to chase down the sob and called the cops. these people don't deserve to be on the road at all
Old 03-25-10, 07:25 PM
KevGS460ML
Intermediate

Sorry to hear that Ice. It's a good thing it isn't that bad. Were you still in pursuit when the cops caught up to him?
Old 03-25-10, 07:31 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by KevGS460ML
Sorry to hear that Ice. It's a good thing it isn't that bad. Were you still in pursuit when the cops caught up to him?
Not really. The guy pulled in to a shopping center and ran inside a T-SHirt store. Looks like the store belonged to his lady. She tried to lie that she was in the car but I told the whole story to the cops. When he pulled in I parked my car across the street and waited for the cops.
This guy had the nerve to try to blame me but it was obvious he was intoxicated and since I am the one who called it in, my story was more credible.
Old 03-25-10, 07:44 PM
sagikun
Driver

aahh, i wouldnt even concider that a "lick". bumpers get painted all day at dealerships. even brand spankin new cars.... Bondo, thats what i would call a "lick". or if your headlights need to be adjusted, id concider that a lick also.. light up the wall tonight, check out yur headlamp aim.
Old 03-25-10, 08:37 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good thing you caught up to him. Good luck.
Old 03-25-10, 08:45 PM
greyhndfan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oiyy... you may have saved a life today.
Old 03-25-10, 08:49 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
I jumped in my car to give chase. I get his tag and call the cops. They caught the guy and took him to jail for DUI and leaving an accident. The officers tell me he has a previous DUI so he going away for a while.
Ice - You are a hero!

South Florida is full of punks that hit and run. You nailed this bastard. One less scum on the road. Good on you my friend.

And remember you can't fight crime and not take a scratch once in a while.

Batman is proud.
Old 03-25-10, 08:57 PM
ItsChris
Lead Lap

Dayam that sucks Reggie, hope everything will go well with the repair, which I'm sure will. Like other people said, people like that dont deserve to be on the road, kudos to you !
Old 03-25-10, 09:17 PM
TWong350

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow...that really sucks. I'm glad you're OK and were able to get that guy. I'm a firm believer in Karma and he got his. Good luck, bro!
Old 03-25-10, 11:46 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Glad to see your doing well and not taking it too bad. Maybe this is a sign that it's time to... get a full bumper replacement? LOL, me and my ideas.

Anyways, good luck with the car.
Old 03-26-10, 12:03 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

dont even think the clown who hit you and ran. He deserves it if he has priors as well
Old 03-26-10, 12:38 AM
aLexGS350
Lead Lap

Luckily the guy didn't stop on the gas going in reverse...it hurts emotionally knowing your car is not 100%! I completely wrecked my front(airbag deployed)...my fault so i have to live with it..

Quick Reply: Boo Hoo...Accident