GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

I have a 07 GS350 - Just test drove a 10 Hyundai Genesis - Wow!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-10, 12:28 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by PINGGOLF
I love my RX and I love my Genesis too...tell me, how often are you asked if your driving a Bently...HA!
nothing personal (i don't really care about the whole lexus vs hyundai thing. to me hyundai is on the rise and a brand to watch out for), but it's Bentley

and if anyone can mistake a genesis as a bentley, i am not entirely sure if that's a good thing...
Old 05-11-10, 01:23 AM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cut-Throat
Actually, I have been a member of this forum for 9 years. I have owned 3 Lexus and still own a 2007 GS350. I have experienced the rattle problem with my GS350 and have been to the dealer 4 times for it.

The only workable solution to me is to look at buying a Genesis. I have made 3 posts on the Genesis. 1 test Driving a V6, 1 test driving a V8 and the latest a reliability study. Hardly, over the top. And they have all been merged into this one thread.

If any Lexus Management read this forum, they need to recognize that these rattles really cause good customers to go elsewhere. I have really had it with rattles and problems that cannot be solved. This is why I bought Lexus in the first place. I am not satisfied with 'turning up the radio' to help my rattle problem.

If this forum is just a Tool for Lexus Marketing, and not a place for constructive criticism and free speech, I can understand people not wanting to read positive posts about the competition. You can call this 'stirring the pot', but I would welcome posts like these if I was someone else with a GS rattle problem, like me.
Its cute how u are forum W H O R I N G haha dude sometime's ppl like u just don't belong in a lexus which is fine you're doors are always open. If people are confused here is a link to a thread Cut Throat made talking about how we are little cry babie's http://www.genesisowners.com/hyundai...ead.php?t=5214
Old 05-11-10, 01:32 AM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh and BTW Cut Throat when you're so called lil hyndai Genesis keep's its resale value at least 50% as lexus does then we can throw a comparison out there. Don't compare a car that holds its value FOR OBVIOUS REASONS to a crap ( yes i will call it crap because that thing is like a ford or a chevy where it loses 77% value over 2 to 3 years). Also stop talking how our forum administrators threaten to ban you because i can't find that post ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you now that this became a forum bash and some negative feedbacks from other forums are coming our way i think this should be officially closed. Unless i need to make an account there and let them know what i think about u being a lil baby.
Old 05-11-10, 04:51 AM
PINGGOLF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GS350Lexus
Oh and BTW Cut Throat when you're so called lil hyndai Genesis keep's its resale value at least 50% as lexus does then we can throw a comparison out there.
It does...check out NADA Guides. At almost 2 years, I have lost nearly $5000. Thats waaaaay better than any ford or chevy. Respectfully, I would suggest you do your research before making claims of this nature.

Don't compare a car that holds its value FOR OBVIOUS REASONS to a crap ( yes i will call it crap because that thing is like a ford or a chevy where it loses 77% value over 2 to 3 years).
I'm giggling here...

Also stop talking how our forum administrators threaten to ban you because i can't find that post ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Private Messages do work...right?

Thank you now that this became a forum bash and some negative feedbacks from other forums are coming our way i think this should be officially closed. Unless i need to make an account there and let them know what i think about u being a lil baby.
There again, respectfully, I ask you to grow up.

I am not here to host a "forum war..." I am a LEXUS OWNER!! Yes, I am a moderator for Genesisowners.com but I have more to do with my time then start a war over childish reasons. However, dont I have the right to communicate my overwhelming joy in my purchase and taking a chance at a brand called Hyundai? Of course I do! Just as we have MANY who come to our forum and tell us they chose Lexus or Acura over the Genesis. Do we threaten them with junk like this...heck no! We didnt purchase their car for them so who are we to tell them what a mistake it was? I encourage all of you who truly question whether or not the Genesis is a superb automobile to check out our "Genesis vs. Competetion" thread. The post are from owners and non-owners who own or have owned many of the BIG NAME autos. Its fun to read the comparisons!

Anywho, with that said, I would like to apologize if I have personally damaged anyone's Ego's or Pride. That was not my intent...but here is a funny for you.

Two weeks after I purchased my Genesis, I went back to the dealer for a post-purchase check up. While waiting in line I overheard a man talking at the parts desk. He was interested in purchasing a Genesis but wanted to know if they would install LEXUS EMBLEMS....HA! I couldnt believe it...in fact...we all laughed at that one.

Since most of us are "GROWN UPS" around here and we act like civilized adults...I would encourage you to weight all options when purchasing your next ride. I did. I was a Toyota owner for years...and still am. However, I believe that Hyundai has "one-upped" Lexus with the new Genesis...hence the reason for my purchase. How much would it have cost me to get a Lexus V8 sedan? $54,070 to be exact. Same displacement and 1/10 of a second quicker to 60. Is that really worth $15,000? Even if the service dept. offers me free wifi, a donut, a coke and some pretty furniture to sit in the answer would still be "no." I couldnt afford the GS460 so I planned to downsize and get the ES350. Now, I have more car than the ES350 and still managed to save nearly $10k in the deal. I apologize if that offends you, however, I work REAL hard for my money and I cannot fathom trowing it away over a name.

I respect all of you and only wish the same for us. Remember, I love my RX400h! I did not purchase the car because of the name. I purchased the car for the safety of my wife and 11-month old daughter, the good gas mileage, and the fact that I purchased the car off ebay for THOUSANDS less than its NADA value. It was a steal!

Have an awesome day folks and if you are in the market, do your research! I would request that we keep the "forum war" trash talking out of this discussion. Again, that is not my intent for being here but I do have the right to defend my purchase...in a respectful manner.
Old 05-11-10, 04:56 AM
HomieG
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its cute how u are forum W H O R I N G haha dude sometime's ppl like u just don't belong in a lexus which is fine you're doors are always open. If people are confused here is a link to a thread Cut Throat made talking about how we are little cry babie's http://www.genesisowners.com/hyundai...ead.php?t=5214
Pretty funny. Thanks for the link. We should monitor it and watch for the waaaa, waaaa, waaaa, my Genesis, and this Genesis forum, stinks posts from the OP, coming to that forum soon He gets little sympathy on a Lexus forum, so goes over to the Genesis forum and crys, mommy, mommy, looks what they're saying about you. If that's not called stirring the pot, then that must have a different definition. And OP, please don't PM me with your thoughts that you were too shy to make public, like the last time, though I must admit, they did make me laugh.

Last edited by HomieG; 05-11-10 at 05:03 AM.
Old 05-11-10, 05:10 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

what a toolbag
Old 05-11-10, 05:22 AM
LexFather

Thank you for sharing the link. We don't allow cross posting but I am stunned that Cuthroat titled the thread "Lexus Forum is close to banning me" when that could not be further from the truth. There hasn't been one infraction sent to him, nor warning about his posts or this thread. I did say the truth, there is a trend of pot stirring as of late and I merged the RELATED thread. We merge related threads here, not sure why one would think they are immune to merging.

What some people need to realize is this is a Lexus forum and not EVERYONE is going to agree with wanting/buying another brand. It is like that on ever forum. I am utterly disappointed that we have a large thread with A LOT of supportive Hyundai comments and the few negatives ones seem to be the ones focused.

Personally I have stood up for the Genesis and Hyundai on this forum and others, even as some new age Hyundai fanboys try to shove the brand seemingly down peoples throats. I am also a past owner of a POS Hyundai so its not like I don't have experience with the brand.

This thread is going nowhere and is now closed.