GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

What IS Going On?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-10, 11:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

lol seems like you just need to move to another area where nice and modded cars aren't that much of a rare scene. body kit can make quite noticeable difference to your car, so this is expected

all my cars are quite highly modified, and in an area like socal here, it's not really that big of a deal in most cases. i occasionally get looks and thumbups from pedestrians or cars around me, but it's all cool and they are compliments. i always try to be polite and acknowledge. i have had so many strangers stopping me at parking lot or so asking me what i have done to my cars, etc... as long as you are in a reasonable neighborhood you should be fine.

on the other hand, i remember one time i was driving my all stock m3 on the freeway in a so-so area, i was passing by a car and all the teenagers in that car was waving and yelling at me. that was a tad weird

but truth is, around here, 90% of the time no one would give a damn about nice or modified cars. even when ferraris and lamborghinis driving by people act normal.

time to move reggie
Old 04-04-10, 01:51 AM
skyyos
Driver

Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts
Default True True

Originally Posted by rominl
lol seems like you just need to move to another area where nice and modded cars aren't that much of a rare scene. body kit can make quite noticeable difference to your car, so this is expected

all my cars are quite highly modified, and in an area like socal here, it's not really that big of a deal in most cases. i occasionally get looks and thumbups from pedestrians or cars around me, but it's all cool and they are compliments. i always try to be polite and acknowledge. i have had so many strangers stopping me at parking lot or so asking me what i have done to my cars, etc... as long as you are in a reasonable neighborhood you should be fine.

on the other hand, i remember one time i was driving my all stock m3 on the freeway in a so-so area, i was passing by a car and all the teenagers in that car was waving and yelling at me. that was a tad weird

but truth is, around here, 90% of the time no one would give a damn about nice or modified cars. even when ferraris and lamborghinis driving by people act normal.

time to move reggie

YEp very true
Old 04-04-10, 11:30 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl

time to move reggie
I live in a gated community and my neighbors are accustomed to my cars. Where I work is not so great but no problems. I still get lots of attention when I hang out in areas where nice cars are the norm.
2 weeks ago, took my wife to one of our fave restaurants. 2 guys were standing near when the valet brought the car out. Those guys stopped what looked like an engaging conversation to stare at the ride. There were Bentley Coupes, Benzes and a Ferrari nearby but these dudes were eyeballing the GS. My wife tripped out. Before the kit, not this much attention but now guys in other nice cars turn heads and street guys are looking as well. Just feels a little weird.
Old 04-04-10, 11:38 AM
lex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha, it DOES sound weird..
Old 04-04-10, 11:44 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I forgot something....I think part of the reason for the popularity is the paint. That color changing pearl of the GFM paint makes people think it's custom. Non-enthusiast don't wax their cars like we do. That freshly waxed shine of GFM just pops.
Old 04-04-10, 12:34 PM
SRGS300
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We live in Miami... everyone and their mother hooks up cars and people will always stare. I myself have a Matador with the same kit and there will always be people looking. Nothing to worry about. I think its just the normal case of paranoia
Old 04-04-10, 12:52 PM
ivanz
Lead Lap

When I was helping a friend look for a used car at some dealer right beside a highway in the middle of nowhere, I had no choice but to use their parking (usually a bad idea in terms of negotiation). hAnyways, we looked around, he talked to some salesperson who invited us into his office to crunch some numbers. While they were doing that, I look back at the GS and at least 2-3 people were walking around and looking at it/talking. My immediate thought was WTF somebody hit my car! Turns out they were admiring my bone stock GS 350.
People aren't that car crazy over here, so I can imagine it will be even worse where you are. Just enjoy the free "publicity" and relax...you have insurance if anything happens. Nobody is going to pull a gun on you because you have a bodykit. If you had an Ed Hardy shirt on the other hand
Old 04-04-10, 12:59 PM
enigmaos
Driver

Originally Posted by Stormforge
and the attention you get is with a carson tuned kit. imagine the extra attention you would get if you were to spring for a prussian blue, job design, aimgain, etc...
Time to get a body/lip kit.

I think it's the color as OP said and of course, the design also.
Old 04-04-10, 01:31 PM
lex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you have a nice car and you like it then people will like it too and maybe stare
Old 04-04-10, 02:48 PM
ESU1909
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One thing about the 3GS.....either stock or a simple add on like wheels and a drop, it is a very stunning, show stopping vehicle....but if you go all out with a kit....."Fogetta' Bout' It"

If you roll your 3GS with pride and swagger....fools will know not to mess with you.
Old 04-04-10, 03:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
I live in a gated community and my neighbors are accustomed to my cars. Where I work is not so great but no problems. I still get lots of attention when I hang out in areas where nice cars are the norm.
2 weeks ago, took my wife to one of our fave restaurants. 2 guys were standing near when the valet brought the car out. Those guys stopped what looked like an engaging conversation to stare at the ride. There were Bentley Coupes, Benzes and a Ferrari nearby but these dudes were eyeballing the GS. My wife tripped out. Before the kit, not this much attention but now guys in other nice cars turn heads and street guys are looking as well. Just feels a little weird.
lol sounds like just some getting used to
Old 04-04-10, 03:13 PM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I forgot something....I think part of the reason for the popularity is the paint. That color changing pearl of the GFM paint makes people think it's custom. Non-enthusiast don't wax their cars like we do. That freshly waxed shine of GFM just pops.
Yepyep, GFM is DEFINITELY an eye-catcher! Looks are always changing in different lighting conditions. Wish I had a GFM with black interior..
Old 04-05-10, 12:05 AM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

I don't see his happening to me, might just well be the color. I've only put my front lip and roof spoiler back on the other day, but before I never got that much attention.
Old 04-05-10, 08:04 AM
cowsgomoo
Pole Position

I've had wheels for the past 2 weeks and I've noticed a huge change.

I've had people while I drive past stick their heads out of the car and look back at me.

I've had many people call out as they walk on the street (Damn! that's a sexy car!, Props dude that ****s sick!) just random things.

Most of the time it's when I get in/out of my car people say props of some sort.

ON THE OTHER HAND.

I've had mad haters too. Been bumped into like 3 times in the past month. Had popped spilled on my car just the other day.
Old 04-05-10, 08:31 AM
DRLC6
Rookie

Your car is very nice and tastefully done. If you dont mind me asking. Where did you buy your kit from? I am also going to be looking in the near future, Any new pics of your ride? Also if you decide to change wheels I may be interested in yours? Thanks again.

Quick Reply: What IS Going On?