GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

What IS Going On?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-10, 02:34 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DRLC6
Your car is very nice and tastefully done. If you dont mind me asking. Where did you buy your kit from? I am also going to be looking in the near future, Any new pics of your ride? Also if you decide to change wheels I may be interested in yours? Thanks again.
Dude, no offense but please stop asking to buy my wheels. I didn't answer your pm about it so that should have given you a clue. I have changed wheels many times but plan to keep these a while. When I get tired of them I will paint them GFM or put them on wifey's car (not)!
If I sell, check the classifieds.

Got the kit from www.andysautosport.com
I have many pics in my gallery. Check the link in my sig.
Old 04-05-10, 02:52 PM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in MIA when I'm not overseas and trust me they are just admiring your car. I've lived there for 20+ years. Stay out of bad areas at night. Just common sense stuff and you'll be fine. Ferarris and Lambos are common in MIA just like SoCal. Don't sweat it.
Old 04-05-10, 05:26 PM
DRLC6
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
Dude, no offense but please stop asking to buy my wheels. I didn't answer your pm about it so that should have given you a clue. I have changed wheels many times but plan to keep these a while. When I get tired of them I will paint them GFM or put them on wifey's car (not)!
If I sell, check the classifieds.

Got the kit from www.andysautosport.com
I have many pics in my gallery. Check the link in my sig.
Relax "dude" I only sent you one pm asking if you were interested in saleing your wheels as I saw in one of your post that you were not sure if you really liked your wheels. You did not respond so I was not sure you even got my pm? So in this thread. I said "if you decide to change wheels I "MAY" be interested".You are acting like I am beating down your door to buy your wheels.
Sorry I will not bother you any more. usually these car forums are a great place to gather info on our cars. I belong to Corvette and Porsche Forums as I also have these cars. I enjoy looking at members rides and gathering and shareing information. I was hopeing this Lexus forum was not full of childish kids and I could gather some good info and possibly find a deal or two as I am getting ready to add wheels,body kit,DVD and Stereo system. sorry to bother you. Take care.
Old 04-05-10, 06:23 PM
gsexy300
Pole Position

Default the 3GS Pimp Hand is Strong

that's what's goin' on. They figure your muscling in on their territory.
Old 04-05-10, 08:54 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

The tension seems too tense in here for regular CL activity....

and now, a word from our sponsors =]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VsefY9kWcI

As for the attention, it's normal, aint nobody gonna really steal ur ****, don't get too uptight over it. It's very VERY uncommon (i think one or two incidents happen in the 3GS section so far) for anyone to steal your kit or anything, your wheels though, that's something you need to look out for
Old 04-06-10, 08:14 AM
LexFather

It might be spring time fever You have a great looking car dude!
Old 04-06-10, 03:05 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DRLC6
Relax "dude" I only sent you one pm asking if you were interested in saleing your wheels as I saw in one of your post that you were not sure if you really liked your wheels. You did not respond so I was not sure you even got my pm? So in this thread. I said "if you decide to change wheels I "MAY" be interested".You are acting like I am beating down your door to buy your wheels.
Sorry I will not bother you any more. usually these car forums are a great place to gather info on our cars. I belong to Corvette and Porsche Forums as I also have these cars. I enjoy looking at members rides and gathering and shareing information. I was hopeing this Lexus forum was not full of childish kids and I could gather some good info and possibly find a deal or two as I am getting ready to add wheels,body kit,DVD and Stereo system. sorry to bother you. Take care.
I am relaxed. Too relaxed to let your "childish" comment bother me. I just thought it was rude to even ask without someone saying they wanted to sell, especially twice. But I am not worked up about it. Take your own advise, relax. It's all good.

On to the next episode.

The roof spoiler I ordered has arrived. I guess I'll put it on but I don't want the ride to look too pimped out. I'm thinking about putting it on wifey's GS. If she wants it it's hers. If not, it goes on the Ice350.
Old 04-06-10, 07:24 PM
dadoody
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ice350
What the heck is happening???
Every since I put the kit on my car I have been getting lots of attention. It's making me kinda nervous. Usually, younger guys and thuggish looking guys don't give my car a second look. Since the kit went on, I get looks from lots of people but the ones that bother me come from people with that unprdictable look about them. Happened a few times that I felt I was being followed. Just today these two guys were hanging on my rear. They drove up to look closer at the car then fell back. They took the same exit off the freeway and i tripped. I purposely slowed to a crawl to let them go about their way.
I've had a couple of episodes where I got more attention than I am accustomed to. It's just a car and just a GS. The kit didn't change the car that much................or did it?
I hate to ride around with my gun but but I'm prolly going because I don't like what I'm feeling. Any other fixed-up GS out there getting more attention than you want?
They have a double stack Taurus Millenium @ Turner's, but I would pay double to have a Kimber CPD. Kimbers are such comfortable platforms and I'm always pinpoint accurate with them.
Old 04-06-10, 08:59 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well it IS a GS, not the world most expensive car but hey, it's sexy. I can't tell you how many looks, thumbups, nods, I get in my 2GS, but then again, it's bagged Even old people in RXs approve with a Sit back and enjoy
Old 04-07-10, 08:36 AM
knicker
Pole Position

holy paranoia! Relax, you have a modded car. It comes with the territory
Old 04-07-10, 09:34 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

you should get some tacks installed in the rear of the car and when you think someone is following you, you can deploy your tacks.

and if it makes you feel any better, people dont have to follow you to find out where you live. all they need is your plate number. its all public information.
Old 04-07-10, 04:57 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

What's more strange is I never got many second looks from guys in nice or nicer cars but now the heads turn. That's a cool thing.
Old 04-07-10, 06:32 PM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

there have been times when i had a suspicious car behind me and didn t turn into my neighborhood so that they didn t know where i was going but the bottom line is if they want it take i just don t want it back everything on the car is insured. Besides i got two pitbulls a 45 XD and surveillence on the car with a two way pager good luck!!!