GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

What IS Going On?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-10, 03:20 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default What IS Going On?

What the heck is happening???
Every since I put the kit on my car I have been getting lots of attention. It's making me kinda nervous. Usually, younger guys and thuggish looking guys don't give my car a second look. Since the kit went on, I get looks from lots of people but the ones that bother me come from people with that unprdictable look about them. Happened a few times that I felt I was being followed. Just today these two guys were hanging on my rear. They drove up to look closer at the car then fell back. They took the same exit off the freeway and i tripped. I purposely slowed to a crawl to let them go about their way.
I've had a couple of episodes where I got more attention than I am accustomed to. It's just a car and just a GS. The kit didn't change the car that much................or did it?
I hate to ride around with my gun but but I'm prolly going because I don't like what I'm feeling. Any other fixed-up GS out there getting more attention than you want?
Old 04-03-10, 03:36 PM
jmtamu
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
What the heck is happening???
Every since I put the kit on my car I have been getting lots of attention. It's making me kinda nervous. Usually, younger guys and thuggish looking guys don't give my car a second look. Since the kit went on, I get looks from lots of people but the ones that bother me come from people with that unprdictable look about them. Happened a few times that I felt I was being followed. Just today these two guys were hanging on my rear. They drove up to look closer at the car then fell back. They took the same exit off the freeway and i tripped. I purposely slowed to a crawl to let them go about their way.
I've had a couple of episodes where I got more attention than I am accustomed to. It's just a car and just a GS. The kit didn't change the car that much................or did it?
I hate to ride around with my gun but but I'm prolly going because I don't like what I'm feeling. Any other fixed-up GS out there getting more attention than you want?
I think you might just be paranoid although sometimes I feel like cops are watching me a lot closer than when I drove a Grand Cherokee.

What state do you live in? I live in Dallas and the Castle Law applies to your vehicle as well so I don't have any reservation in keeping a pistol in my glove box.

It it comes down to me or somebody else, it's going to be somebody else.
Old 04-03-10, 04:33 PM
energie8
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Probably just coincident.
Old 04-03-10, 05:21 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Probably just a small case of paranoia..
Old 04-03-10, 05:28 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

you will attract more attention with a modded car for sure, it stands out from other cars on the road. having said that, it's prolly some young punks admiring your car and nothing more (it's only a GS after all). unless you live or drive by a bad section of neighbourhood frequently, i wouldn't worry about it. if you don't like the attention, you can always go back to stock....
Old 04-03-10, 06:08 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

u live around miami right??? just be careful you know mia people are hungry,,,
Old 04-03-10, 06:10 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

maybe they want to steal your wheels...... and are just coming in for a closer look to see if they're worth it.

better bring your glock just in case
Old 04-03-10, 07:16 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
I don't think so, my wife notices it too.
Not really worried, just trippin about it.
Never got this much attention. People make more comments. It's been called "a real head turner" "a pimpmobile" "a sweet ride" "a real stunner" all in one week. Never had that much attention before the kit was on. Gotta be the reason.
I have a roof spoiler coming in next week. I prolly won't put it on now.
Old 04-03-10, 07:23 PM
DaBeast
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it just really transforms your car and a kit on a GS really draws attention in general.
Old 04-03-10, 08:39 PM
1STLXS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I definitely get more attention since I have modded my car but that is to be expected in fact my plates are "ICULUKG" nonetheless you have to be careful and I am always aware of my surroundings and I carry my 9mm with me where ever I go.
Old 04-03-10, 09:07 PM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats what happens when you drive a modded GS. Yes it's only a GS but you don't see that many of them modded correctly and when you do you stare. Or at least I do.

It also never hurts that I keep my friend Kimber close by.
Old 04-03-10, 11:00 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
I don't think so, my wife notices it too.
Not really worried, just trippin about it.
Never got this much attention. People make more comments. It's been called "a real head turner" "a pimpmobile" "a sweet ride" "a real stunner" all in one week. Never had that much attention before the kit was on. Gotta be the reason.
I have a roof spoiler coming in next week. I prolly won't put it on now.
and that's the attention you get with your current kit. imagine the extra attention you would get if you were to spring for a prussian blue, job design, aimgain, etc...

Last edited by Stormforge; 04-05-10 at 11:55 AM.
Old 04-03-10, 11:16 PM
[0350]
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think your paranoid ever since you put your kit on..

Plus driving around with a gun?? wtf no wonder America is so dangerous..
Old 04-03-10, 11:26 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004

could be....

Originally Posted by Stormforge
you will attract more attention with a modded car for sure, it stands out from other cars on the road. having said that, it's prolly some young punks admiring your car and nothing more (it's only a GS after all). unless you live or drive by a bad section of neighbourhood frequently, i wouldn't worry about it. if you don't like the attention, you can always go back to stock....
I remember once on the freeway and a van got right behind me then pulled into the lane on my left and started taking pictures. I was wondering what was going on but when I saw the flashes and the kids in the van rolled up next to me and gave me a thumbs up I knew it was cool. I once came out to my car and there were like 4-5 teens hanging out in the parking lot next to my car. When I walked up I was wondering if they were casing my car. I said whats up to one of the kids and he then said " thats the baddest mother $%&^*& Lexus I have ever seen". I thanked the guy and we talked for a few minutes. Turns out they were friends of one of my staff and just waiting to give them a ride.

I say play it safe and keep your eye open but remember that some people might want to roll next to your car to check it out
Old 04-03-10, 11:39 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL keep that gun loaded

Quick Reply: What IS Going On?