GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

IS lexus ignorant?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-10, 03:06 PM
Rider
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS lexus ignorant?

I dont understand this. You still find issues that was first introduced in 2006 on 2010 cars.... my 09 rattle like hell, and my friends 10' has the same issues. Our brakes squeak like hell too.. I dont understand why they dont fix this before they introduce new model cars? should we get raped dealing with the ordeal of getting them fixed by ourselves, + the labor charges that they are going to charge for every single issue. I love my car but those tiny issues are driving me nuts.. had to vent.....
Old 04-07-10, 03:41 PM
Gotcha350
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I know they aren't ignorant but they don't seem to really care either. Damn bean counters say don't do it and they seem to listen. I'm not buying the Passionate/Relentless pursuit of Perfection or what ever it is anymore...oh yeah lets not leave the engine rattle off the list either.
Old 04-07-10, 03:45 PM
ivanz
Lead Lap

I only had the dash rattle on the 07 GS 350 and that was fixed by a single trip to the dealer. The only thing that really bothers me is that the seat coolers don't work when you sit on the seat! They said its a design issue, and that it can't be fixed (dealer did replace it, but same performance).
Old 04-07-10, 03:46 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

if you ask me, they have been putting in some fixes, if possible. however, a lot of these problems are actually design inherent. so unless they do a complete redesign of x number of components, the problem can't be totally fixed. in that case, then it becomes a decision whether it makes sense to spend a million (or more) to redo all the molds, or just deal with case by case.

coz' fact is, not all cars have the same problem, some are good, some got rattles here, some got rattles there. dealerships are told how and what to fix. the overall cost of that might come out to be cheaper
Old 04-07-10, 04:35 PM
dadoody
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't had the issues you guys complain about.

Seat coolers work, car doesn't rattle at all on normal streets and highways.

I don't like using the seat coolers too much. Feels like I'm wearing wet pants or something.

Center console pops/rattles I guess if I'm driving over bumpy poorly maintained streets, but that's rare and I expect it on those streets, and I think I could fix it myself if I had it was a common issue for me.
Old 04-07-10, 04:49 PM
LexFather

Some have them not all. Also remember people are going to find forums to complain. Happy owners don't find forums to tell others how great their car is.

Lexus examined the GS for the 2006 issues and looking at the published quality reports, the GS is still high in this regard.

I've owned multiple Lexus, never did I expect them to be perfect. Compared to the other brands my family has bought, they are amazingly quality filled.

We also know Lexus/Toyota did expand greatly the last 10 years and with the rising costs of raw materials cuts were made. They tried their best as Lexus knows if their perception of quality/reliability is hurt, it REALLY would hurt this brand.
Old 04-07-10, 05:11 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i think lexus gave on gs a long time ago,,,there is no commercial or ads for our cars,,,,everytime my lexus dealership have commercial on tv, they have offers on every model but gs,,,
Old 04-07-10, 05:43 PM
beez43
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no.. lexus is dumb for not having a good fix to this issue period... sorry but luxury seems lost in this chassis.. the 2nd gen that I had really had NO problems at all.. but then again maybe i was just lucky?
Old 04-07-10, 05:54 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a 2006 GS, no dash rattles since it was repaired in late 2006. So far so good!
Old 04-07-10, 06:20 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

these days, you just have to learn to accept rattles (that's the hard part) as a standard feature of japanese cars.

if you don't have them now, you'll eventually have them within 7 years as the mileage racks up, and the roads you drive on get worse

i have never seen a japanese car that didn't have a bunch of extra noises develop within 10 years of buying it.
Old 04-07-10, 06:38 PM
ESU1909
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Taking my GS350 to the shop on Saturday........100 miles til' my Factory Warranty ends.....squeaks and rattles haven't been that bad, but they're there.....might as well have em' do the fix. As far as Lexus being ignorant....well people imagine all the $$$$ they've made off us.....they've been laughing all the way to the bank. I love my 3GS though.
Old 04-07-10, 07:08 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

In our 06, the rattles have come and gone. We don't focus on this stuff the way many of you all do.
In our 07, no rattles until recently. The drivers door does some kinda squeak. I think it has something to do with me resting my elbow on the door while I drive. Don't bother me too much, especially with the music on.
Old 04-07-10, 07:08 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Rider
I dont understand this. You still find issues that was first introduced in 2006 on 2010 cars.... my 09 rattle like hell, and my friends 10' has the same issues. Our brakes squeak like hell too.. I dont understand why they dont fix this before they introduce new model cars? should we get raped dealing with the ordeal of getting them fixed by ourselves, + the labor charges that they are going to charge for every single issue. I love my car but those tiny issues are driving me nuts.. had to vent.....
I have rattles as well and I totally understand your frustration. I expected more from Lexus when joining the family. I had dash rattles, door rattles, console squeaks, brake noise, and sun roof rattle. Its been very annoying because even when they attempt to fix the issue there is no gaurantee its not going to come back or that they can even fix it in the first place. Noises and rattles drive me insane .

Last edited by I8ABMR; 04-07-10 at 07:13 PM.
Old 04-07-10, 07:27 PM
BLAQ ICE
Driver

Cool

$50k + VEHICLES = FIX RATTLES AND EVERYTHING ELSE THAT MAKES YOUR EXPERIENCE UNSATISFACTORY. LEXUS Listen to your customers or lose them.
Old 04-07-10, 08:04 PM
RooRa
Driver

I personally think it depends on the person, how it is driven, weather, roads, and how the car is taken care of overall. just because it WAS a 50k car (unless you just got a 2010), it doesn't mean perfection. thats why they were still in pursuit of perfection. lol

how many of you seriously have paid 50k+ for your gs? I did back in 05 but it didn't have any problems BACK THEN, but I have rattles and problems NOW, nothing serious that makes me go OMG, but then again the car is almost 5 years old so I think its a given.

just my 2cents. I just think it's wear and tare

Quick Reply: IS lexus ignorant?