GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460
View Poll Results: What are your feelings about the 3rd Gen GS. Now
I love my GS and will buy another
40.00%
The GS is OK and I might buy another
46.32%
Not Thrilled with the GS and Probably won't buy
11.58%
GS is a real disappointment and I am done with Lexus!
2.11%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Poll on your Love/Hate of 3rd Gen. GS

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-10, 07:55 PM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like my GS a lot but up next is the LS.
Old 04-07-10, 08:31 PM
Kubs
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink 2GS Yes 3GS i dunno... Redesign in Order, Please!!!

Ok its been some time since I've been on here. I have never been particularly fond of the 3GS shape, however the interior and handling have been improved so that is a plus.
I remember the first time i saw the 2GS, my GF's dad had just bought one, right as they just hit the floor, none were on the road as yet, what a sweet looking car that was! Everyone starred. I said to myself I got to have one. Then remember seeing the 3GS at the 2005 auto show was not happy about the rear end shape... Nonetheless, it was much improved and had its pro's. Just wish they did a better job on the rear.

I am a big Lexus fan due to quality and reliability of the Car, especially the GS line. In the recent years i think they've been slipping amongst it's competitors. Infinity has definitely stepped up their game and much more of a Rival to BMW. Although i think BMW (hate to say it) has a better connection between the driver and the road. Lexus has always lacked in that area, which never bothered me much, but what did was the ride compared to a BMW is just as smooth if not smoother and more forgiving. (I tested my bro's 2009 550i against my 2002 GS430 and was shocked on how smooth it was compared to the GS, My IS250 was more-so comparable to the drive of the BMW. Maybe I am being biased as my GS is 7 years older. What do you guys think? I really am not keen on getting a 3GS but curious as to what the 4GS has in-stored. BMW too overpriced for what you get, too common, plus everyone in the OC has one... The Infinity M35/45 or new M37 is a promising possibility. Still love GS, getting ready for some Mods... suspension, Exhaust and intake...
Old 04-07-10, 08:55 PM
Str8 VIP
Pole Position

i've always been a Toyota/Lexus fan, specially the 2gen Gs at that. i remember the first Gs i purchase it was a 2000 Gs400 black/black back in 2002. i remember all the looks i would get as i drive by, but i guess a 20 year old man in a 40k car would get that. As long as i own the car i never had any problems and everytime i took my car into for services i was always treated good. the staff was great to my car and I, and the loaner cars were awesome.

Even to this day im still a big fan of the 2nd Gen Gs, the 3rd gen is ummm . i mean the interior is off the hook but like one memeber said i couldn't dig the rear of the car. to me (i said it before) looks like a the new Gen Nissan Maxima on steroids.
Old 04-07-10, 10:02 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

looking at this thread and thinking back how the same 2gs crowd was answering similar questions before.

i think this is a thread that lexus really needs to take it seriously. 4gs...
Old 04-07-10, 10:16 PM
lucasb7
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find myself between option 1 and 2. I LOVE my car. It does everything I asked it for and has been extremely reliable and rattle free-- oh yeah and the torque never gets old! I am very interested in the 4GS, but if I were in the market for a car in this class right now, my money is going towards a new 5er.
Old 04-07-10, 10:20 PM
MelYW
Pole Position

My car is rattle free 60% of the time...love it when it is rattle free...annoyed otherwise. Where do I place that vote?
Old 04-07-10, 10:27 PM
DaBeast
Driver

I deal w/ a lot of cars and I really do like my car the ride could be slightly smoother and I really want the GS-F to come out to give a good comparison to the M5. I love my luxury and HP together!
Old 04-07-10, 11:24 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by rominl
looking at this thread and thinking back how the same 2gs crowd was answering similar questions before.

Yeah (reminisces)

We all have to remember though the GS in 1998 was really unlike anything else and only Benz/BMW offered something as good.

When the 3GS hit in 2005 so many new vehicles were out and I don't see it really making the same splash ever again.
Old 04-08-10, 05:50 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

When the 3GS came out, I wasn't in the position to ever think about buying one. I loved the way it looked and told myself one day I would buy one. Fast forward 3 years, I buy the car that I wanted. Absolutely couldn't be any happier than I am now (living in reality and not fantasy). I don't like German vehicles and will never buy one. I too hope that Lexus releases the GS-F, but I'm not holding my breath. I also like not driving a car that everyone has ( a la E-Series, Camry, RX). On a daily basis I may see 1 other person with a 3GS...sometimes 2. The problem with that, is why I don't think Lexus will come out with a GS-F....not enough demand.
Old 04-08-10, 06:21 AM
Rider
Lexus Test Driver

I wont say im in love with it but its a pretty pleasing car. And if you mean another one as in have 2 of the same my answer is NO. However if the next gen is up to expecation, then I may consider one.
Old 04-09-10, 12:29 AM
Kubs
Rookie

Originally Posted by rominl

I agree... When the 2GS came out it really got peoples attention. The interior, reliability, price and yes the performance. I hope Toyota/Lexus takes notice on this thread. I see more and more Lexus fans looking elsewhere for a newer car in the recent years. Give us back that buff, aggressive yet refined sporty look we all have come to appreciate... 4GS give me something to look forward to. Shoot even twin turbo inline 6 would be a nice add to go up against the 335i or 535i. Still i love the power of the naturally aspirated V8
Old 04-09-10, 01:52 AM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

Lexus needs to commit themself to build a TRUE SPORT SEDAN, instead of WANNA BE!!!

If they are afraid of loosing the current customers (OLDER PEOPLE), at least give us SPORTS PACKAGE as an option!!!

IMO, we got the *****, the only thing missing is the hardware from Lexus!!!

Last edited by slk_dds; 04-09-10 at 02:02 AM.
Old 04-09-10, 03:36 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by slk_dds
Lexus needs to commit themself to build a TRUE SPORT SEDAN, instead of WANNA BE!!!

If they are afraid of loosing the current customers (OLDER PEOPLE), at least give us SPORTS PACKAGE as an option!!!

IMO, we got the *****, the only thing missing is the hardware from Lexus!!!
A GS coupe would also be a nice gift from Lexus.
Old 04-09-10, 05:43 AM
BinaryJay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Kubs
I agree... When the 2GS came out it really got peoples attention. The interior, reliability, price and yes the performance. I hope Toyota/Lexus takes notice on this thread. I see more and more Lexus fans looking elsewhere for a newer car in the recent years. Give us back that buff, aggressive yet refined sporty look we all have come to appreciate... 4GS give me something to look forward to. Shoot even twin turbo inline 6 would be a nice add to go up against the 335i or 535i. Still i love the power of the naturally aspirated V8
When is the last time Toyota sold a turbo? Was it the Supra... around early 2000? I don't think now is the right time for them to introduce a turbo model, they can't afford to put anything out that isn't rock solid for quite some time people are out for their blood and that is just another failure point.
Old 04-09-10, 12:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by BinaryJay
When is the last time Toyota sold a turbo? Was it the Supra... around early 2000? I don't think now is the right time for them to introduce a turbo model, they can't afford to put anything out that isn't rock solid for quite some time people are out for their blood and that is just another failure point.
well they have to get it going somehow anyway. i am not sure if i am a fan of FI on lexus neither, but seems like competitions are all doing that for fuel economy and emission. lexus has a good start coz' all their engines are noticeably more efficient, so we will see how they approach that in the future generations

but yeah, lexus needs to know what they are doing, they can't afford two disappointments in a row

Quick Reply: Poll on your Love/Hate of 3rd Gen. GS