GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460
View Poll Results: What are your feelings about the 3rd Gen GS. Now
I love my GS and will buy another
40.00%
The GS is OK and I might buy another
46.32%
Not Thrilled with the GS and Probably won't buy
11.58%
GS is a real disappointment and I am done with Lexus!
2.11%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Poll on your Love/Hate of 3rd Gen. GS

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-10, 09:49 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by erik535353
I still think it is one of the BEST LOOKING sedans out there!! In my opinion It crushes a E-Class or 5 Series in looks. The engine is strong and solid. I do agree with all the stupid rattles and funky quirks, though. That is the downfall for me. As far as the handling goes, it improved with the drop, and tires. After a strut bar, and sway bar, I think I'll be good. All in All it's a Great Car.
just to be fair i think we should stick with stock cars. once you throw in aftermarket modifications things can just get very different
Old 04-10-10, 09:53 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by knicker
for all you guys that arent satisfied....im in the market to buy
Im willing to sell mine Its CPO so you have warranty
Old 04-10-10, 01:03 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I have ben kicking around the idea of trading my GS350 in for an 2008 ISF but its silver. I hate hate hate silver cars though. I dont know if it would grow on me. They are offering it at a steal of a price and the car only has 15k miles on it.
Old 04-10-10, 02:29 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^ what are you waiting for?
Old 04-10-10, 04:09 PM
1STLXS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I hate hate hate silver cars though.

and I thought you were my friend, I'll take my ball and go home now (lol) just kidding.

I had to buy silver cuz it was the only car for sale by private owner that
1. was fully loaded
2. low mileage
3. great price

I would have preferred the matador red (just like yours mike) or dark grey.

but it has grown on me and now I love it!!!!! Coilover next week baby
Old 04-10-10, 07:40 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^ You can purchase mine with coils already on along with BBK Heck I can personally drive it down and deliver in person I found my next car
Old 04-10-10, 10:40 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by 1STLXS
and I thought you were my friend, I'll take my ball and go home now (lol) just kidding.

I had to buy silver cuz it was the only car for sale by private owner that
1. was fully loaded
2. low mileage
3. great price

I would have preferred the matador red (just like yours mike) or dark grey.

but it has grown on me and now I love it!!!!! Coilover next week baby
What coils are you getting ???? In terms of the color I don't like silver because I am a detail freak and silver is never going to shine like a dark color. Thats why I dont prefer white or silver. I like the glossy look that you get when you wax and polish a black, blue, or even a Red car. My wife has a white TL and I could spend ( and have ) 3 hours waxing and polishing and it will look like it did before I polished it. Its just to bright to get it looking like:
Attached Thumbnails Poll on your Love/Hate of 3rd Gen. GS-securedownload_4.jpg   Poll on your Love/Hate of 3rd Gen. GS-img_0080.jpg   Poll on your Love/Hate of 3rd Gen. GS-img_0023.jpg  
Old 04-11-10, 12:02 AM
1STLXS
Lexus Test Driver

What coils are you getting ???? In terms of the color I don't like silver because I am a detail freak and silver is never going to shine like a dark color. Thats why I dont prefer white or silver. I like the glossy look that you get when you wax and polish a black, blue, or even a Red car. My wife has a white TL and I could spend ( and have ) 3 hours waxing and polishing and it will look like it did before I polished it. Its just to bright to get it looking like:
I know Tammer, I was just kidding

I decided to get the BC Racing coilovers. I was considering the JIC but cost was too much. There have been some positive reviews of the BC's and for the cost I couldn't pass them up.
Old 04-11-10, 06:00 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 1STLXS
I know Tammer, I was just kidding

I decided to get the BC Racing coilovers. I was considering the JIC but cost was too much. There have been some positive reviews of the BC's and for the cost I couldn't pass them up.
When I started with CL Tein CS was all the rage. Now guys have gone away from them. What's the latest on the Teins?
Old 04-11-10, 07:53 AM
1STLXS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ice350
When I started with CL Tein CS was all the rage. Now guys have gone away from them. What's the latest on the Teins?
Ice,
I'm not sure what the latest is on the Teins but for me my decision was primarily based on cost. With the research I did I would say the BC are middle of the road in cost. There are lower priced C.O.'s and for another $500-600 you could get the Tein or Tanabe. I have been told performance is on par with Tein or Tanabe. Also the BC's allow for a lower stance (if desired).

I will give a thorough review once installed sometime next week.
Old 04-11-10, 09:37 AM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have ben kicking around the idea of trading my GS350 in for an 2008 ISF but its silver. I hate hate hate silver cars though. I dont know if it would grow on me. They are offering it at a steal of a price and the car only has 15k miles on it.
c'mon ur tall *** wouldnt fit on that little is-f,,,lets pull trigger on gtr doc,,
Old 04-11-10, 11:25 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

teins are still teins, they are doing just fine. from what i see more members are getting other brands due to cost, which is very normal. just like not a lot of people have jic or tom's
Old 04-12-10, 07:13 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Str8 VIP
Even to this day im still a big fan of the 2nd Gen Gs, the 3rd gen is ummm . i mean the interior is off the hook but like one memeber said i couldn't dig the rear of the car. to me (i said it before) looks like a the new Gen Nissan Maxima on steroids.
Hmm, I always thought it resembled the previous Maxima gen. Well at least the rear.
Old 04-12-10, 11:19 PM
dadoody
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The GS is alright.

Love the interior actually. The build quality is OK. The boring exterior outside kinda gets to me sometimes.

All in all, theres a lot of other cars these days that would compete pretty well vs the GS. The Hyundai Genesis comes to mind.
Old 04-13-10, 07:14 PM
spiralynth
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

None of those poll choices suits me so I'll post my thoughts.

I don't love it but I really like the 3GS and I prolly won't get another. I'm a coupe man at heart and the next car needs 2 doors to tickle my fancy.
I might join the poll anyway just to see the results.
I haven't posted here in a couple of years (in fact one of my last posts was an almost exact poll as this thread), but I definitely remember you, because you used to always say how you were a coupe man, as I was/am/forever will be.

Coupe man at heart.

I came very, VERY close to buying the GS a couple of years ago, but just couldn't get over those extra two doors enough to pull the trigger. The only other car in competition for me at the time was the G37S coupe, which I was never really that fond of to begin with. Then, out the blue, came the S5. I was a goner. That was the car I'd needed, wanted ... been waiting for. And it was stunning looking, and fun, and all that. But Audi played very hard to get: waiting list for months, tackly sales tricks, charging above MSRP ...

I was driving around one bright day when I saw this 650i sitting at the entrance of a dealership, looking all delicious and sexy. Surely, I'd seen those cars around for years, but never really considered them due to my $40k-$60k budget. It was the 08 redesign of that car that made me do a double-take on this day. They'd finally perfected the look of that thing, Bangle-butt and all. Then, I drove it. Game over. Fell in love head over heels immediately. Left with a grin I couldn't wipe off my face for days. The S5 had only given me a fleeting smile by comparison. Soon after, I'd completely forgotten about every other car I'd been considering. About a month later, after an extensive nationwide search, I found the perfect color/specs on a new 08 650i, landed an AMAZING deal, and haven't looked back since.

Follow your coupe heart man, and whatever coupe you settle on, one thing will be for sure: you won't be posting years from now about how you'd wished you'd gotten a sedan.

Quick Reply: Poll on your Love/Hate of 3rd Gen. GS