GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

SoundLinQ2 (SL2Vi) - iPod Video Interface Adapter

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-10, 03:36 PM
kitphat
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what wires do i cut
Old 07-28-10, 10:43 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

so i was talking to vaistech and seems like they are coming out with a new sl2ic with much better interface. they have a few shots on vaistech.com. looks awesome, i can't wait
Old 07-28-10, 11:17 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
so i was talking to vaistech and seems like they are coming out with a new sl2ic with much better interface. they have a few shots on vaistech.com. looks awesome, i can't wait
This looks awesome. It's using the iPod out functionality in iOS4. I will definitely buy this when its out if it is available for my car.

Do you know if it will work with Gen 5 systems, or only with 2010+ Gen 6 cars?

Any sense on timing?

Last edited by *Batman*; 07-28-10 at 11:20 AM.
Old 07-28-10, 01:07 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by batman75
This looks awesome. It's using the iPod out functionality in iOS4. I will definitely buy this when its out if it is available for my car.

Do you know if it will work with Gen 5 systems, or only with 2010+ Gen 6 cars?

Any sense on timing?
ok, my information are "preliminary", so take it for what it's worth...

it will work with gen5 systems
timing, probably sept?
yes, need os4
it works with ipod touch and iphone

Last edited by rominl; 07-28-10 at 02:43 PM.
Old 11-13-10, 01:54 PM
morellana4
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone know when the new vais (sl2ic) will be released for sale? Does anyone know if i have a jailbroken iphone 4 can i play hulu, netflix, pandora, and other programs using the new vais being released and is it compatible with my 2007 lexus gs350 with nav and 6 cd changer but no ml?

Last edited by morellana4; 11-13-10 at 02:01 PM.
Old 11-14-10, 04:54 AM
blacksedan
Lead Lap

Can someone confirm if the sl2vi has full iPod control from an 06 non nav non ML, including selecting and playing videos?
Old 11-14-10, 11:22 AM
username32
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does this work also on the Non ML Navi models too? Iphone4 compatible? I wished mine played mp3 otherwise i wouldn't even be looking at this things
Old 11-14-10, 12:29 PM
supags
Driver

okay quick question..I'm going to be buying this and I have 06 gs300 non navi and I want to know how you get navi with this (SoundLinQ2 (SL2Vi)? you use the ipod navi to show on screen same with playing the video? and can someone tell me which one to buy there's different ones. posting the link will help. Thanks
Old 11-14-10, 01:12 PM
username32
Pole Position

Originally Posted by supags
okay quick question..I'm going to be buying this and I have 06 gs300 non navi and I want to know how you get navi with this (SoundLinQ2 (SL2Vi)? you use the ipod navi to show on screen same with playing the video? and can someone tell me which one to buy there's different ones. posting the link will help. Thanks
Ipod navi wont work since you need constant wireless internet connection to get the maps on the device. It would theoretically work on a iphone since it will constantly get map data as you move. GPS on the ipod and ipads only get geographical location but does not transmit data (like map data) through gps so unless you have wireless internet service its useless.
Old 11-14-10, 01:43 PM
mysteryan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by username32
Ipod navi wont work since you need constant wireless internet connection to get the maps on the device. It would theoretically work on a iphone since it will constantly get map data as you move. GPS on the ipod and ipads only get geographical location but does not transmit data (like map data) through gps so unless you have wireless internet service its useless.
You don't need a constant wireless internet connection. You can use GPS navigation apps without any need for wireless data like Navigon or TomTom. They're accessed internally that's why their app sizes are like a gig. You can also display it on the screen while it's playing music also as shown in my other old thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...gation-gs.html

To answer the other question. You have full steering wheel controls when accessing ipod, pandora or any other audio on an 06. It doesn't seem to give the same ability to skip videos though, but I'm sure there's an app for that.
Old 11-14-10, 01:56 PM
username32
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mysteryan
You don't need a constant wireless internet connection. You can use GPS navigation apps without any need for wireless data like Navigon or TomTom. They're accessed internally that's why their app sizes are like a gig. You can also display it on the screen while it's playing music also as shown in my other old thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...gation-gs.html

To answer the other question. You have full steering wheel controls when accessing ipod, pandora or any other audio on an 06. It doesn't seem to give the same ability to skip videos though, but I'm sure there's an app for that.
I didnt know they had apps that have data all stored locally, i was talking in terms of using like google maps, GPS drive, default iphone "maps" software.
Old 11-14-10, 10:01 PM
tmv22
Driver

i have the sl2vi. using it with the ipod touch 3rd gen. my car has wifi. i can confirm getting Pandora while driving is possible. sound quality is great! it has no problem pumping videos onto the Nav screen from youtube or netflix also.

currently, im selling the vais unit along with a mint condition ipod touch 64GB. msg me if you are interested!
Old 11-14-10, 10:04 PM
username32
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tmv22
i have the sl2vi. using it with the ipod touch 3rd gen. my car has wifi. i can confirm getting Pandora while driving is possible. sound quality is great! it has no problem pumping videos onto the Nav screen from youtube or netflix also.

currently, im selling the vais unit along with a mint condition ipod touch 64GB. msg me if you are interested!
What do you mean your car has wifi? Where is it getting wifi from?
Old 11-15-10, 06:52 AM
tmv22
Driver

i have the HTC touch pro 2. theres an app for the phone to become a wifi hotspot. share internet up to 5 users at 3G speed with Sprint. pretty good for a 2 years old phone!
im getting an android phone so im selling these ipod related stuffs on ebay. wish me luck!
Old 11-17-10, 02:22 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by morellana4
Does anyone know when the new vais (sl2ic) will be released for sale? Does anyone know if i have a jailbroken iphone 4 can i play hulu, netflix, pandora, and other programs using the new vais being released and is it compatible with my 2007 lexus gs350 with nav and 6 cd changer but no ml?
sl2ic is released for gen5 nav already. should be good to go. it will work well with your car

Originally Posted by blacksedan
Can someone confirm if the sl2vi has full iPod control from an 06 non nav non ML, including selecting and playing videos?
Originally Posted by username32
Does this work also on the Non ML Navi models too? Iphone4 compatible? I wished mine played mp3 otherwise i wouldn't even be looking at this things
you can use sl2vi on your car no problem without nav. if you want just mp3, you can get just sl2i-up. sl2ic right now is only for 07-09 (gen5). 06 (gen4) should be available soon

Originally Posted by supags
sl2vi will give you the connection. nav wise, it depends on your ipod/iphone/itouch, and also you need to jailbreak it.

06 gs300 no nav/ml, you need sl2vi-p1 i believe

Quick Reply: SoundLinQ2 (SL2Vi) - iPod Video Interface Adapter