GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

TSIB question....

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-10, 11:17 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts
Default TSIB question....

Quick question, i don't know if i'm being hustled on this or not....

But I called in under some TSIBs for my brakes. I was told that TSIB's are not covered after you pass your original 3yr/60k mile warranty...

Is this true?

Also, I'm on the CPO Warranty package, i believe 100k/3yr after my purchase....

Is my service guy pulling my leg, or SHOULD these TSIB's still be covered after warranty is due?
Old 04-21-10, 11:27 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i believe that's true, it's covered only under warranty

but you have a good question, i don't know exactly if it's only under factory warranty, of if it's covered under cpo warranty as well???
Old 04-21-10, 11:49 PM
XxGoKoUxX

thanks romin =] honestly in my opinon, these TSIB's should be covered under lexus/toyota expense, not ours.... my brakes were squeeeking loooooooooooong before I was aware of the TSIB, yet nothing was awknowledged towards me or told to me.....

They all didn't cover my broken driver side axle, because it was 1 day before my warranty was over.... if they dont cover that, i wonder what they do cover
Old 04-21-10, 11:55 PM
djMaru
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
thanks romin =] honestly in my opinon, these TSIB's should be covered under lexus/toyota expense, not ours.... my brakes were squeeeking loooooooooooong before I was aware of the TSIB, yet nothing was awknowledged towards me or told to me.....

They all didn't cover my broken driver side axle, because it was 1 day before my warranty was over.... if they dont cover that, i wonder what they do cover
cry baby!
Old 04-21-10, 11:58 PM
XxGoKoUxX

pshhh.... *wahh wahh wahh*
Old 04-22-10, 04:54 AM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can call lexus and tell them your grief. They might give you a break. It would not hurt to try.
Old 04-22-10, 04:57 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

yea i dont think tsibs are done for free if your out of your warranty. i would love to know because i would love to get this vibration in my rear view mirror fixed.
Old 04-22-10, 06:24 AM
BinaryJay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Huh, one day before warranty is over is still before warranty is over...
Old 04-22-10, 07:06 AM
TWong350

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

TSIB's are NOT covered when out of warranty. Recalls are covered regardless. This is a 100% fact. Like Henry stated, because your car is CPO, I don't know if it's covered.
Old 04-22-10, 07:36 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

how much does one of those rear view mirrors cost?....$1000?
Old 04-22-10, 08:53 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

how could they deny your warranty when there is still one day before warranty expired?
Old 04-22-10, 10:33 AM
Bambigular
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
Quick question, i don't know if i'm being hustled on this or not....
But I called in under some TSIBs for my brakes. I was told that TSIB's are not covered after you pass your original 3yr/60k mile warranty...
Is this true?
Also, I'm on the CPO Warranty package, i believe 100k/3yr after my purchase....
Is my service guy pulling my leg, or SHOULD these TSIB's still be covered after warranty is due?
The CPO warranty 100k/3yrs is basically a power train warranty which replaces mechanical failure and does not cover things like suspension, some electrical, and routine maintenance. I just brought my car in for the dash rattle and the service adviser told me that my factory warranty is over in June, because that was the original purchased date. The factory warranty as she explained was a bumper to bumper and when the warranty is over the CPO warranty kicks in..but that warranty only replaces certain things. You should certainly call your dealership, because you're a CPO.. argue that it should have been covered in the CPO process and talk to service directors not the writers, if that doesn't work slam them on their service survey and call Lexus guest relations. We bought an upscale brand they need to take care of us!! GL
Old 04-22-10, 10:48 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Bambigular
The CPO warranty 100k/3yrs is basically a power train warranty which replaces mechanical failure and does not cover things like suspension, some electrical, and routine maintenance. I just brought my car in for the dash rattle and the service adviser told me that my factory warranty is over in June, because that was the original purchased date. The factory warranty as she explained was a bumper to bumper and when the warranty is over the CPO warranty kicks in..but that warranty only replaces certain things. You should certainly call your dealership, because you're a CPO.. argue that it should have been covered in the CPO process and talk to service directors not the writers, if that doesn't work slam them on their service survey and call Lexus guest relations. We bought an upscale brand they need to take care of us!! GL
cpo warranty is only on power train? that would suck. factory power train warranty is already at 7yr/70k miles

http://www.lexus.com/models/GS/warranty/index.html

so all that extra money just for extra 3yr/30k on power train. i don't know that much about cpo warranty, i will go find out more
Old 04-22-10, 09:47 PM
XxGoKoUxX

yeah, i was very fortunate that it was 2 days before warranty kicked in to get my axles fixed, i didn't mean for the miscommunication, it was fixed free of charge, just that the service advisor told me i was lucky, because once it hit 1-2 days after(if i scheduled 1-2 days later) my axle would not be repaired....

All in all, I felt like i was hustled because the sales manager told me that everything bumper to bumper is covered on my CPO lexus...i specifically asked if it was the CPO warranty that i was covered under and he said yes, but whatever... why argue when i signed the papers and didn't read, right? hahaha

I was also promised that my chrome wheels would be repaired.... lexus said they can't do that because they would just rechip again, and i just found out last week, that the same wheels i have, are basically OEM wheels, lexus just takes it out from the factory, to the chrome shop and get them special chromed for 450ea.... basically they just didn't want to pay for my damages and hustled me x2
Old 04-22-10, 10:40 PM
1STLXS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

This happened to me too. My trunk motor stopped working. The only way to open it was with the key. I found that there was a TSIB for this so I took it to my service advisor, I was told the motor was shot and it would be like $900 or so to fix since the warranty had long expired it would not be covered under the TSIB. So my S.A. says go home call lexus directly and mention your situation and they may cover half the cost (I have a great S.A.) so I did and Lexus was willing to cover half, long story short my painter fixed my trunk motor for free (unknowingly).

Quick Reply: TSIB question....