GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

My beautiful GS is RUINED!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-10, 02:36 AM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is too bad what happened to your car, get it repaired and move on that's what the insurance is for.

On the other hand, I don't quite understand about why people want to see the damage pictures?
Old 05-15-10, 04:27 AM
10GSMAN
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear that, hope all goes well....Those freak hail storms do suck though...
Old 05-15-10, 06:17 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Damn.....that suks. We got hit up here but no hail....
Old 05-15-10, 07:14 AM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Pics?

Act of nature, U can't avoid or hide.. *hehehe* Be glade it didn't break any glass or do more damaged. When I read "ruin" I thought it's totaled in an accident.
Old 05-15-10, 07:19 AM
Loxus
Rookie

Ouch!

Sorry to hear that, man!
Old 05-15-10, 07:22 AM
Coolpop
Driver

That does suck, no doubt, but as long as there is no paint damage, it can be repaired flawlessly. We get some hailstorms here from time to time and two years ago my new 4Runner looked like a golf ball. Dent Wizard fixed it perfectly, looked brand new.
Old 05-15-10, 09:47 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i just have a question out of curiosity. hail damage, is it considered as act of god? for example i know with a lot of insurance, if it's damaged by hurricane or quake, it might not be covered (not that i have any experience), so i kind of wonder how it works
Old 05-15-10, 10:09 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

its not ruined. You just need to call the paintless dsnt repair people or just call your insurance
Old 05-15-10, 03:04 PM
Jherb350
Lead Lap

You never forget that sound of hail pounding on the car as you hopelessly sit and wait for the nightmare to be over. My brother and I got stuck in a hail storm a few years ago driving through Indiana in is Jetta GLI. We were lucky enough to find and overpass to hang out under, but like you experienced it came on fast and didn't last long.

Originally Posted by Coolpop
That does suck, no doubt, but as long as there is no paint damage, it can be repaired flawlessly. We get some hailstorms here from time to time and two years ago my new 4Runner looked like a golf ball. Dent Wizard fixed it perfectly, looked brand new.
Years ago when I lived in WI we would have a bunch of these traveling paintless dent repair companies show up in our area during this time of year. I worked for one of them one summer while on break from college removing and replacing headliners. Like Coolpop said these guys usually do great work and must of the time you can't even tell the dents were there. Now if you have a dent on a body line then you may have to have that panel repaired by a body shop.

Best of luck to you and hopefully your back on the road looking good in no time.
Old 05-16-10, 07:14 AM
Modeler
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
i just have a question out of curiosity. hail damage, is it considered as act of god? for example i know with a lot of insurance, if it's damaged by hurricane or quake, it might not be covered (not that i have any experience), so i kind of wonder how it works
It's a covered event under auto insurance, similar to if a tree fell on your car during a storm. Covered under the Comprehensive portion of the policy.

Thanks to everyone for their compassion
Old 05-16-10, 09:20 AM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Where do you live in VA? Also what day and time? Im in Fairfax and I dont think we got it.
Old 05-16-10, 09:35 AM
Coolpop
Driver

Get that bad boy fixed up. I like my black GS 450h, sure, but it certainly was not my first choice, not here in FL. I really wanted the Glacier Frost Mica or the Matador Red. I just love the look of metallic paints. I see Bobbyt at our gym pretty often and I just love his Matador Red GS...so...get your baby all fixed up and then post some before and after shots, just so all of us here on CL can tell you how great she again looks.
Old 05-16-10, 10:06 AM
DC450H
Driver School Candidate

I live by Manassas and I do not recall hearing about this. I'm glad me and the 450H weren't out on the road. I just got new shoes and i am trying to be extra careful. I was on 66E going over the 495 overpass and 4 huge pot holes took out my work VS XX wheels on the driverside. Instant blowouts! It's always something...good luck with your repair!
Old 05-16-10, 03:47 PM
Modeler
Lexus Test Driver

It was about 6:20 pm on Friday. I was on Toll road near Reston. When I got to my neighborhood in Herndon, it looked like a war zone -- around each tree there was a large circle of leaves and branches knocked down by hail. All the neighbors were outside looking at the layer of ice deposited by the storm and the damage it did. In some places it was a solid layer of ice ***** in the grass. Did I mention the temperature was in the 80s???
Old 05-16-10, 07:03 PM
LexFather

Very sorry to hear and hope it gets fixed good as new.

Quick Reply: My beautiful GS is RUINED!