GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

3GS almost wrecked, caused by dealership negligence, thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-10, 06:23 AM
KayGee
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Mv350
exactly how were you out of your assitance by 3 days, i thought it was 7yrs 70k?
From Lexus.com owner's site:
Roadside assistance is provided for 48 months from your vehicle's in-service date, regardless of mileage (24 hours a day, 365 days a year for vehicles operated within U.S. territories and Canada).
Old 05-17-10, 06:30 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I think they have done everything they should of up to this point. its good that the shop foreman came out and admitted the wrongs of the tech and that they fixed everything free of charge (as they should). I would have them double check the whole car to make sure nothing else was damaged. The good thing is that your ok and it could have been a lot worse.
Old 05-17-10, 08:21 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
I think they have done everything they should of up to this point. its good that the shop foreman came out and admitted the wrongs of the tech and that they fixed everything free of charge (as they should). I would have them double check the whole car to make sure nothing else was damaged. The good thing is that your ok and it could have been a lot worse.
If I was him, I would think it a waste of time to have the dealer that did the damage double check the car for any additional damage. There is a moral hazard there.
Old 05-17-10, 08:24 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by batman75
If I was him, I would think it a waste of time to have the dealer that did the damage double check the car for any additional damage. There is a moral hazard there.
i wouldnt let 1 bad tech discourage you from using the dealer.
Old 05-19-10, 08:57 AM
3GSdriver
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a call back from the dealership they said they're willing to at the most refund me my $62 that I paid to have the services done

What a insult, I will not even bother to accept that refund, I told the Service director that I'll give him that same amount and watch his wheel fly off with his family in his car and see how he feels
Old 05-19-10, 10:11 AM
CAK 500
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 3GSdriver
I got a call back from the dealership they said they're willing to at the most refund me my $62 that I paid to have the services done

What a insult, I will not even bother to accept that refund, I told the Service director that I'll give him that same amount and watch his wheel fly off with his family in his car and see how he feels
Very unfortunate. I thought that with the comments made by the shop foreman that they were going to handle this fairly. So instead they probably lawyered up and were told that any other action might be considered an admission of negligence and open themselves up to bigger problems. Total conjecture on my part, but I'd be willing to bet.

I'd definitely follow up with Lexus corporate. If that fails, and you have the stomach for it, pursue legal action.

That's really too bad. Sorry you have to endure the insult on top of the initial negligence.

I'm sure we would all appreciate knowing what dealership this is so that we can avoid them like the plague. It's dealerships like this that give the brand a black eye.
Old 05-19-10, 11:20 AM
RooRa
Driver

sorry to hear about your situation,

but sorry to say according to my knowledge, legal action will get you nowhere, because they made a mistake, repaired it, and then offered you a refund which you should have taken and asked for a free service next time or something of that nature. because they took all these steps they needed to make it "right", and you did not get harmed in any way so you will not get anywhere with legal action. just money in some lawyers pockets, because its only going to stay in small claims court.

i would suggest you go to another dealership to have them take a look at it and see what they say. The same dealer will probably tell you some bull also, even if you ask them to check everything again.

i have had problems with past dealers. all dealers are the same. you get lucky with good service, or you get unlucky with a one in a hundred bad service.

if you plan to stay with the dealer, and not travel to another one, just get the refund, and request something else free. that is what i would do.

you just got unlucky this time.

just curious, what do you want out of this?
if its money, you wont get more than a refund
if its better customer service, all you will get is the same old bull

just my 2 cents.
Old 05-19-10, 11:29 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Switch dealerships and get the new service dealer to check there is no unresolved damage. Call Lexus and kick up a fuss with them and ask them if this is the kind of experience they expect their dealers to deliver. I would also ask the Lexus rep if after all the acceleration publicity, they want stories about their dealers messing up basic service and leaving customers with their wheels falling off while driving. That I'll motivate them to penalize the dealer.

Also share this story using online reviews on Yelp, DealerRater, Google and Edmunds.
Old 05-19-10, 11:46 AM
3GSdriver
Driver School Candidate

Yes without much resolution I will be inclined to post the dealer name, the dealership is:

Longo Lexus was the dealership that caused this mess and the service director Joe Castro was the one who told me that they were only willing to refund me the service costs which clearly insulted me and I clearly asked him if I could give him double the money he's offering me to watch HIS wheel fall of with his family in the car to which I got no answer from
Old 05-19-10, 02:12 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Yes without much resolution I will be inclined to post the dealer name, the dealership is:

Longo Lexus was the dealership that caused this mess and the service director Joe Castro was the one who told me that they were only willing to refund me the service costs which clearly insulted me and I clearly asked him if I could give him double the money he's offering me to watch HIS wheel fall of with his family in the car to which I got no answer from
Great. 82% of consumer look online for reviews before making a purchase. I suggest you show these guys the consequences of poor service on the 4 review sites I mentioned earlier.
Old 05-19-10, 02:27 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

The dealership should pay for all repairs and the tow truck AT MINIMUM. I would raise hell at the dealership and call Lexus corporate and I would still threaten to initiate litigation. Show these clowns that they are responsible
Old 05-19-10, 08:38 PM
arnieosp
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

They fixed everything today, the shop foreman admit to them being at fault for everything down to not towing the car back, corporate and both guest satisfaction manager at the dealership want to know how I want to be compensated for everything....
Let me make sure I understand the situation: They made a mistake, a bad one. They fixed everything, offered to refund $62 that you paid for the original service that they screwed up. You consider it an insult. If you think this is not enough, what would make you satisfied? Have you ever told them what you want as a remedy? I am just curious....

Those suggesting legal action, what is the damage? "Pain and suffering?". Or "Just imagine what could have happened!"?. What's the value of it? What are you going to be asking for?
Old 05-19-10, 08:48 PM
3GSdriver
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by arnieosp
Let me make sure I understand the situation: They made a mistake, a bad one. They fixed everything, offered to refund $62 that you paid for the original service that they screwed up. You consider it an insult. If you think this is not enough, what would make you satisfied? Have you ever told them what you want as a remedy? I am just curious....

Those suggesting legal action, what is the damage? "Pain and suffering?". Or "Just imagine what could have happened!"?. What's the value of it? What are you going to be asking for?
Yep i'll see how pissed you'll be when the wheel on your car falls off
Old 05-19-10, 09:04 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep i'll see how pissed you'll be when the wheel on your car falls off
But your wheel didn't fall off.
You can't expect the dealership to compensate you for something that MIGHT have happened had you not noticed the loose lugs, etc. But the bottom line is, there was no catastrophic accident or anything like that. You discovered their error, took the car back to them, and they fixed it at their expense. End of story.
Old 05-19-10, 09:28 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lexucan
But your wheel didn't fall off.
You can't expect the dealership to compensate you for something that MIGHT have happened had you not noticed the loose lugs, etc. But the bottom line is, there was no catastrophic accident or anything like that. You discovered their error, took the car back to them, and they fixed it at their expense. End of story.
His wheel didn't fall off because he felt something abnormal...most drivers would be numb to it; upon further discovery one entire side of the vehicle was not torqued....and one wheel was held on by what one and a half bolts?

Quick Reply: 3GS almost wrecked, caused by dealership negligence, thoughts?