GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

3GS almost wrecked, caused by dealership negligence, thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-10, 10:03 PM
VIPNiSS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by arnieosp
And how much is that panic worth?
so let's say you were in his shoes and your wife was in the car. The right front passenger wheel wasn't tightened and inspected like it should. Your driving 70MPH on the highway, wheel falls off, you lose control, car plows in to a brick wall, spins out, 18 wheeler runs dead on to your wifes side. She is now bleeding from the head from the glass that just lodged in to her head. Then you looked down and notice that the windshield glass cut a huge gash in her stomache and her 6 month old fetus is hanging out of her stomache. You stare at your wife crying and screaming out of the top of her lungs not knowing if she is going to bleed to death??

Dealer: "I'm sorry Arnie about what happened. We will fix the car and return it back to you. I sure hope your insurance covers the medical bills because you didnt inspect your lugs after we serviced your brakes. sorry again have a nice day."

YES WE CAN SIT HERE ALL DAY AND SAY WHAT IF THIS WHAT IF THAT!

The point I am trying to make is I think Longo should of automatically stepped up to the plate without him asking for anything. They should of automatically went above and beyond to please him and think what they could be liable for since they were the last ones working on his car.
Old 05-22-10, 07:05 PM
arnieosp
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by TtOrMaMnY
so let's say you were in his shoes and your wife was in the car. The right front passenger wheel wasn't tightened and inspected like it should. Your driving 70MPH on the highway, wheel falls off, you lose control, car plows in to a brick wall, spins out, 18 wheeler runs dead on to your wifes side. She is now bleeding from the head from the glass that just lodged in to her head. Then you looked down and notice that the windshield glass cut a huge gash in her stomache and her 6 month old fetus is hanging out of her stomache. You stare at your wife crying and screaming out of the top of her lungs not knowing if she is going to bleed to death??

Dealer: "I'm sorry Arnie about what happened. We will fix the car and return it back to you. I sure hope your insurance covers the medical bills because you didnt inspect your lugs after we serviced your brakes. sorry again have a nice day."
In this case I would say: "Thank you, but that is not enough. I want $10 mil on top of that."
Old 05-22-10, 07:14 PM
arnieosp
Racer

Originally Posted by TtOrMaMnY
Longo should of automatically stepped up to the plate without him asking for anything. They should of automatically went above and beyond to please him and think what they could be liable for since they were the last ones working on his car.
I agree. However, I would like to know your definition of "stepping up to the plate" and going "above and beyond". Give me some concrete numbers. Keep in mind, that although some really serious and tragic things COULD HAVE happened, they DIDN'T happen.

So, with that in mind, pretend I am a Service Manager of Longo Lexus, sitting across the table from you, and trying to resolve the incident.

Me: "Mr. TtOrMaMnY, I am terribly sorry for what had happened. We messed up, it is totally our fault. We already had safety meeting with our staff and I can assure you nothing of this nature will ever happen again to any of our valued customers. We are refunding $62 we charged you for the labor. What else can we do for you to make you happy?"

Your answer:
Old 05-22-10, 10:50 PM
RooRa
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by arnieosp
I agree. However, I would like to know your definition of "stepping up to the plate" and going "above and beyond". Give me some concrete numbers. Keep in mind, that although some really serious and tragic things COULD HAVE happened, they DIDN'T happen.
:
QFT.

I think no one should have to go through what you went through, BUT as arnieosp said before, it didnt happen.

Just thank god nothing serious happened to your family, and keep it moving.

You cant put a price on what could of happened.

but on the serious note, what would you ask for? I guarantee you no one will have a realistic answer.

think of it this way, you go into a restaurant you see a rat/roach, you gonna sue the restaurant? if so, for what? you cant sue unless you get hospitalized for something serious. if you dont have to pay for what you ate, you leave and you can tell everyone and never go back.

no i am not siding with anyone. all i am saying is, you cant ask for something that did not happen to you. you get two thumbs up for not letting it happen to you.

just dont go back to that dealer if you dont like their service. IT CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE. be realistic. if you owned that dealership, what would you offer? a free car? will never happen.

just my 2 cents.
Old 05-23-10, 12:00 AM
arnieosp
Racer

Here is what I think: Longo's offer of reimbursement of $62 is pathetic. But you can't be mad at them IF YOU DID NOT ASK FOR ANYTHING CONCRETE! So, in this case they seem to be more reasonable, simply because they DID make you an offer, even if it was a pathetic one.