GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Continental ExtremeContact DWS @ Threadepot.com

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-10, 09:40 AM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^ agree.. drives great especially with the sport suspension switch on.

I didn't want to push my tires too far... but just checked... these tires are rated Z = +149mph
Old 07-01-10, 12:50 PM
Tread Depot
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys, somehow I missed this post... Treadepot has been around since 2000 but our parent company has been around since 1936. We are not going anywhere. If you guys have any questions about anything please do not hesitate to give me a call or drop me an email at adam@treadepot.com. I try to check the PM everyday but sometimes it takes me a while to get to them.
Old 07-01-10, 01:02 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,257 Likes on 1,371 Posts

I'd add in that as a result of seeing this post last month I called Adam to check on prices for tires for my wife's track car (Toyo R888) and got a great deal, great service and fast delivery! I ordered Tuesday afternoon and they already arrived here Thursday.

Make sure to mention you're from Club Lexus when you order.
Old 07-14-10, 12:27 AM
apex47
Rookie

Do you know when you'll have these DWS' in a 245/40/18?
Old 07-14-10, 05:51 AM
tman100z
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by apex47
Do you know when you'll have these DWS' in a 245/40/18?
Ditto, those things have been on backorder forever!
Old 08-03-10, 09:20 PM
TWong350

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
I was really digging this tire but last week it happened...the 5K blues. Before 5K miles I thought these were the most quiet and comfy performance tires I've ever owned. Now that I've done 5K miles, it has gotten louder and less comfy.
Since the op is doing stock sizes, he'll get more than 5K of blissful driving but it'll happen.

This means the only tire I've ever owned that stayed quiet the whole time was the Bridgestone 960AS. I enjoyed over 20K miles of driving pleasure. If only they made them in 245-30-20.....
I'm starting to feel the same way. I agree with the noise part. They have gotten louder, at least IMO, now that I've had them for a few thousand miles. They were pretty quiet when I first got them but I really notice noise now when I'm slowing down headed to a complete stop. While at high-speeds, they are quiet and don't hum like the Falken 452's did.

These DWS tires still handle really well. It's just the noise that bothers me now. But, for the price of these, I think they are still great tires and would still recommend them.

That said, my next set will likely be something else. Hopefully something quieter.
Old 08-04-10, 05:47 AM
BinaryJay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I've had my Kumho Ecsta LX Platinums on since May and I'm very happy with them. They still look like new, I have yet had any need to add any air, they are still very quiet.

I wanted the DWS but went with the Ecstas because they were actually available at the time. They cost a LITTLE bit more at the time (not much), I haven't checked prices since though but last I checked the DWS prices were on the way up.
Old 08-04-10, 08:27 AM
TWong350

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good to know, Jay. The only thing is, I don't think that the Ecsta's are available in the size I need (I haven't looked). I don't anticipate getting new tires for a couple years (at least) so I'm sure there'll be more out there to choose from when the time comes.
Old 08-04-10, 06:45 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I hated the kumho tires that were on my GS.

I'm very happy with these tires. I hardly drive my car so I really haven't broken the tires in yet. Drove a few hundred miles on the xpressway. I think I'm going to sell my rims/tires and go with aftermarket again

I would suggest these tires
Old 08-05-10, 06:30 AM
BinaryJay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
I hated the kumho tires that were on my GS.

I'm very happy with these tires. I hardly drive my car so I really haven't broken the tires in yet. Drove a few hundred miles on the xpressway. I think I'm going to sell my rims/tires and go with aftermarket again

I would suggest these tires
Which Kumho's did you hate?
Old 08-18-10, 09:22 AM
worker
Lexus Champion

Huge rain storm today.

DWS Tire is awesome driving through water. Didn't feel my steering move much when the tire hit the water hole and I could see a huge splash.
Old 08-18-10, 09:40 PM
apex47
Rookie

These tires are finally in stock everywhere!!!!!
Old 08-18-10, 09:53 PM
LexFather

I've gone through quite a few tires and different brands. I got PS2s finally on the GSh and GS 430 and they TRANSFORM the car. I love it. Its amazing b/c one is highly modded and the other basically stock and the tires simply enhance performance.

I was also very happy with Goodyear DS3 F1's. The wet tire performance was incredible.

Don't skim out on tires. They are the first and main driving component. Over the years I have realized it is well worth paying for the best tires.
Old 08-19-10, 12:35 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I've gone through quite a few tires and different brands. I got PS2s finally on the GSh and GS 430 and they TRANSFORM the car. I love it. Its amazing b/c one is highly modded and the other basically stock and the tires simply enhance performance.

I was also very happy with Goodyear DS3 F1's. The wet tire performance was incredible.

Don't skim out on tires. They are the first and main driving component. Over the years I have realized it is well worth paying for the best tires.
Agree completely. Tires make the car. I think the reason Audi one the C&D three car comparo recently against the 535i and the M37 is that it was the only one running PS2 tires.
Old 08-19-10, 01:06 PM
worker
Lexus Champion

^ the PS2 doesn't design to handle snow is it? Tirerack test matching it with the DW only. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....ilot+Sport+PS2

Where I live, we do get snow. Not very often but enough.

Quick Reply: Continental ExtremeContact DWS @ Threadepot.com